• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minecraft

Such a sad part in the movie, but I remember as a kid we had neighbors and they had five or six boys I can't remember how many and we are all watching this movie I was maybe six and their father came in and instead of looking sad, he yelled "DIE ARTEX DIE" so that all these little boys doing their best to choke back tears could all laugh.

I used to love spending time over there.

Totally traumatizing kids for years.

Is it something similar to a Sims game? He used to like those. Those, and the "build your own empire" games online.

Oops...forgot to add video.

I have NO WHERE NEAR the kind of builds in that video. But I like my little house and farm...

View attachment 67245331

The last one there has my daughters house.

It's a nice house. I always end up making fortress looking things instead of more modern houses. I was trying to do some screen shots of my stuff but when I was pasting it it was giving me a black scree for some reason. I'll have to try and figure it out.

I'd like to see creations of some of the others, if they can do it. It's interesting to see what people make.

I also basically have to play survival. I can't do creative mode. I have to get the resources myself.

I'm currently making what I've dubbed the "Evil Wizard's Tower" in the Nether.

What platform do you play it on? I personally prefer PS4

So I played Minecraft a little years ago and my kids got into it on mobile platforms, which doesn't really work for me. So I got it on my computer and they've added so may new things to craft in the game, it's way more complex than it used to be.

Also, I forgot how satisfying going out and gathering resources is and turning them into things. I suggest this game for those who are both creative and neurotic (mine, mine, mine, mine, MINE, MINE, MINE!, MINE!!!). Anyone else here get some pleasure from this game?

I put a ton of time into Minecraft - though I must clarify, I play heavily modded Minecraft. And since I started with that, I can't play vanilla.

The last time I played through anything, it was the last SkyFactory mod pack. You should check it out. I managed to finish the entire achievement list -- took a year to work through for me - some Beautiful Minds level stuff...hehe... To put it in perspective, I had around 25 million diamonds - no cheating. To further put it into perspective, I used them all, and had to get more. It's a crazy mod pack. :)

I put a ton of time into Minecraft - though I must clarify, I play heavily modded Minecraft. And since I started with that, I can't play vanilla.

The last time I played through anything, it was the last SkyFactory mod pack. You should check it out. I managed to finish the entire achievement list -- took a year to work through for me - some Beautiful Minds level stuff...hehe... To put it in perspective, I had around 25 million diamonds - no cheating. To further put it into perspective, I used them all, and had to get more. It's a crazy mod pack. :)

Whoa!...does the mod make diamonds more common? Even still, 25 million diamonds is a helluvalot.

Rofl...I have the same issue with the symmetry thing. Dives me crazy to have things not line up right. Sometimes I screw myself and when building a structure and have put so much work into it but then the number of blocks are even numbered so there is no middle block to put things like the door in. GRRRRRRR!!!!

Double door.

:prof

Whoa!...does the mod make diamonds more common? Even still, 25 million diamonds is a helluvalot.

Seems impossible. Even with enchanted pick axes and the like. That's almost 70,000 diamonds every day for an entire year.

Sort of...and yes. But very late game. It's a mod pack, for starters, consisting of like 80 or so mods.

Here's the kicker. When you start the game, the world consists of one block of dirt, with one tree on it. The rest is a void, which, if you fall into it, you will die. From that tree, it's leaves, and the block of dirt, you create your entire world - which is why it is called SkyFactory. The start of the game is a grind, but you work towards massive automation. One of the challenges is to fill a mass storage container with 2 billion of any item. 2 BILLION!! Figuring out the automation, playing through all the required mod packs, getting these crazy results...it takes the game to an entirely different level.

As for the diamonds, eventually you can (and have to) make your own dimensions, that you can travel to. I made a dimension where the world was made out of diamond blocks. Then I put in an automatic quarry that sent the diamond blocks back to a mass storage unit in my home dimension.

Ya, SkyFactory is a trip....haha... :)

Seems impossible. Even with enchanted pick axes and the like. That's almost 70,000 diamonds every day for an entire year.

Tsk...you doubt? Check out RF Dimensions mod.

See my explanation in post #39. Getting the diamonds was pretty easy...making the dimension was crazy hard.

Edit: Yes, this would be impossible in vanilla. But what would you do with 25 million diamonds in vanilla? Diamond blocks are used power generators in SkyFactory. I went through millions of diamonds.

Tsk...you doubt? Check out RF Dimensions mod.

See my explanation in post #39. Getting the diamonds was pretty easy...making the dimension was crazy hard.

Edit: Yes, this would be impossible in vanilla. But what would you do with 25 million diamonds in vanilla? Diamond blocks are used power generators in SkyFactory. I went through millions of diamonds.

I don't doubt. I was just pointing out that it seemed impossible without some kind of mod to change the process of getting diamonds.

I don't doubt. I was just pointing out that it seemed impossible without some kind of mod to change the process of getting diamonds.

That's good...cuz otherwise I'd have to challenge you to a round of fisticuffs in the parking lot at recess.... :p :)

In SkyFactory it's as hard, or harder, to get your first diamond as it is in vanilla...but your progression options are significantly more. And nothing feels like a gimme - I never use cheat codes, there is very much the feeling of having earned those achievements. You're just able to do a lot more. :)

So I played Minecraft a little years ago and my kids got into it on mobile platforms, which doesn't really work for me. So I got it on my computer and they've added so may new things to craft in the game, it's way more complex than it used to be.

Also, I forgot how satisfying going out and gathering resources is and turning them into things. I suggest this game for those who are both creative and neurotic (mine, mine, mine, mine, MINE, MINE, MINE!, MINE!!!). Anyone else here get some pleasure from this game?

My most satisfying projects in Minecraft have been taking long treks to find the perfect mountain and the then carving the mountain into a fortress.

I have since gotten into the modded Minecraft world, and suggest installing Twitch on your PC (they bought and incorporated Curse Gaming mod engine) and playing around with building mod packs.

Who plays Minecraft today?

Minecraft is a hell of a game.

Every once in awhile I still boot it up and just have a blast, love to create but the one thing I noticed about myself from Minecraft, I am obsessed with Symmetry, with every structure I build.

The mobile version is ****ing impossible to play though, for me anyway.

Why is the mobile version is impossible to play?

love the game.

I love building villages creating the max population possible. Defending from mobs and collecting resources

What are people playing these days instead of Minecraft?

Interesting. I don't know anything about Minecraft, but my grandson used to love it, so I just assumed that it was a game for kids.

My husband has wanted a new XBox One S to replace his old XBox One. The one I got him was bundled with the downloadable version of Minecraft. I figured he'd just never use the download, but if it's meant for adults, too, then he might give it a shot (if I can get him off Assassin's Creed long enough).

Is Minecraft more popular than Fortnight?

What are people playing these days instead of Minecraft?

lol...not a fan of minecraft? :lol:

I used to play it a lot, but I play ark now. Thinking of checking out modded minecraft again, though... Then again, maybe not... lol... Too grindy.

Creative mode is more like a massive Lego set, with an even greater variety of blocks, and potential for automation

In Survival mode, it like a lego set in which you have to build the blocks yourself while monsters try to kill you, and things you created.

Both in an open massive world.

No romance, or any complicated relationships. Just building/collecting resources and or fighting

How many people play Minecraft daily?

Back
Top Bottom