• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minecraft

My most satisfying projects in Minecraft have been taking long treks to find the perfect mountain and the then carving the mountain into a fortress.

I have since gotten into the modded Minecraft world, and suggest installing Twitch on your PC (they bought and incorporated Curse Gaming mod engine) and playing around with building mod packs.

Will Minecraft always be somewhat popular?

Not really like SIMS...maybe a smidge like SIM City in that you create lots of things and set it up however you choose but it has way more freedom in what you want to build.

Here are some ridiculous examples of what people have done in creative mode (this means you have access to unlimited resources without having to farm them, and can fly around and such). I prefer survival mode where you have to actually go chop down trees, mine resources like iron and coal, smelt things into bars, convert them into tools, weapons, armor, ect.

Do people play Minecraft every year?

I don't doubt. I was just pointing out that it seemed impossible without some kind of mod to change the process of getting diamonds.

:) Why is Minecraft suddenly popular again?

So I played Minecraft a little years ago and my kids got into it on mobile platforms, which doesn't really work for me. So I got it on my computer and they've added so may new things to craft in the game, it's way more complex than it used to be.

Also, I forgot how satisfying going out and gathering resources is and turning them into things. I suggest this game for those who are both creative and neurotic (mine, mine, mine, mine, MINE, MINE, MINE!, MINE!!!). Anyone else here get some pleasure from this game?

I dig tunnels. I like to build my own personal subway station.

I dig tunnels. I like to build my own personal subway station.

I always loved making underground railroads....just hard to do outside of creative mode, and I like to play survival.

Why? because of the graphic?

No, I think the graphics are simple enough and the game engine simple enough that mods are plentiful... they have summer camps teaching kids coding by teaching Minecraft modding.

But the simplicity of the game also makes it approachable for anyone, and the graphics are just good enough to be captivating, and allow a feeling of awe, and fear, and pride in building things that please the eye.. but not so good that you need professional artists and developers to add to the game.

Game mods have been invented through Minecraft modding, and in the vanilla game, that they have all but launched entire gaming genres. The first widespread use of the Battle Royale style game mode was a mod for Minecraft (the Hunger Games)... Survival games? Minecraft. Building games? Minecraft.

And all of that in a game that a person could pick up at the age of 5 and still find things worth doing in it at age 50.

I can't think of another game that can make similar claims.

No, I think the graphics are simple enough and the game engine simple enough that mods are plentiful... they have summer camps teaching kids coding by teaching Minecraft modding.

But the simplicity of the game also makes it approachable for anyone, and the graphics are just good enough to be captivating, and allow a feeling of awe, and fear, and pride in building things that please the eye.. but not so good that you need professional artists and developers to add to the game.

Game mods have been invented through Minecraft modding, and in the vanilla game, that they have all but launched entire gaming genres. The first widespread use of the Battle Royale style game mode was a mod for Minecraft (the Hunger Games)... Survival games? Minecraft. Building games? Minecraft.

And all of that in a game that a person could pick up at the age of 5 and still find things worth doing in it at age 50.

I can't think of another game that can make similar claims.

I used to love red alert. Did you play that before?

I picked it up again. I've started doing something I've been wanting to do for a while. I created a really small world and then went to one block below max building height and built a glass ceiling. Then I poured water all over that platform. I'm sure you can see what's coming next. Shattering the glass. By starting the source water on the glass, it becomes permanent. the one main problem I've had in creating my water world is that ice formed and makes it harder to have water falling from all point. I have to be careful in shattering and rebuilding to keep the flow over everything.

Fire it up and let us know how it looks. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen with VR, the tech doesn't seem to be quite there yet, but Minecraft seems like a game that would work well.
Hi past Fishking, tis I, a time traveler from the future going through old threads. The tech is in fact there now Minecraft works really well. You don't realize creepers are the same height as the player until you play in VR, open your door are staring eye to eye with one.

Nearly shit myself.

Hi past Fishking, tis I, a time traveler from the future going through old threads. The tech is in fact there now Minecraft works really well. You don't realize creepers are the same height as the player until you play in VR, open your door are staring eye to eye with one.

Nearly shit myself.
Hahaha...I bet. They are bad enough dropping off a ledge in a cave just on my computer, lol.

Hahaha...I bet. They are bad enough dropping off a ledge in a cave just on my computer, lol.
I remember doing VR years ago when it first came out it was sort of a flash in the pan. I was maybe even 9 years old. It seems to be right around that movie lawn mower man and the graphics were about on par with that.

I don't know how it worked but when you look around in this VR world that would be like you were looking around to reality except for distorted a little bit and it made me throw up.

I could ride roller coasters and all that sort of stuff that wouldn't do it to me but VR would.

I have no idea what it's like now that the technology is so much better I would like to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom