• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mindy McCready: Dead of Apparent Suicide

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Very very sad :(

1360243683_mindy-mccready-lg.jpg
Troubled country music star Mindy McCready was found dead today of an apparent suicide ... this according to various reports. She was 37.

The father of McGready's youngest child, record producer David Wilson, was found dead in his home on January 13 of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

McCready's two children were removed from her home by a judge on February 6 and she was committed to a to a treatment facility for a mental-health and alcohol-abuse evaluation. She was released two days later.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2LDSRxbzy

So selfish. She left two kids behind. I have little sympathy for people who do this, because they are destroying the lives of the family and friends they leave behind.

I heard she shot her dog first. Sicko.

A troubled life--McCready made unfortunate choices, but she also had more than her share of bad luck--and a tragic end. None of us know her demons...maybe she thought she was doing her kids a favor, as sad as this thinking is.

Embattled country star Mindy McCready dead at 37

Country music star Mindy McCready was found dead Sunday at her home in Arkansas from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, the local sheriff's office said in a statement. She was 37.
Deputies from the Cleburne County Sheriff's Office were dispatched to a report of gunshots fired Sunday afternoon and found McCready's body on the front porch, the statement read.
McCready leaves behind two boys, one of whom is 10 months old. The infant's father, record producer David Wilson, died of an apparent suicide last month.
The singer struggled with addiction and mental illness, often publicly. She appeared in an episode of "Celebrity Rehab" three years ago with Dr. Drew Pinsky, who said he contacted her last month after her boyfriend's death.

Embattled country star Mindy McCready dead at 37 - CNN.com

Wow, What a legacy. I sure hope Roger Clemens is feeling pretty ****ty right now. What a terrible waste.

A troubled life--McCready made unfortunate choices, but she also had more than her share of bad luck--and a tragic end. None of us know her demons...maybe she thought she was doing her kids a favor, as sad as this thinking is.

And that is the truth, right there. We cannot know what was going through her mind at the end.

Re: Embattled country star Mindy McCready dead at 37

OpenWide.jpg

R.I.P. Mindy

Roger Clemens?

rest in peace.

Well I guess we will always wonder if she killed herself because of mental issues, or because the police were looking at her as a suspect in her boyfriend's death.

Roger Clemens?

Roger Clemmons was a 28 year old married man when he seduced Mindy. She was 15. He didn't pull the trigger. He didn't cause all of her problems. But one could certainly make an argument he may well have contributed to this.

Kid's not even a year old and both his parents killed themselves. Well, his chance at a normal life is below zero.

Kid's not even a year old and both his parents killed themselves. Well, his chance at a normal life is below zero.

Yeah that is precisely what I meant with what a legacy. The chances of this child commiting suicide are ugly.

Tragic indeed.

I heard today on the radio that they believe her partner's suicide last night may have actually been a murder and she was being looked into.

She lived a promiscuous life and killed herself when she had young children. I can't wish that she should rest in peace.

Last edited:

WTF is she doing having kids??? And to commit suicide after the father committed suicide leaving two kids, one a 10 month old, behind? Selfish POS.

She lost custody of both her kids. She was alone.

If that's supposed to be a joke, it's in poor taste - that is not a Mindy McCready. Don't know why you'd think that was cool.

Mindy was an amazingingly talented young woman. And she was smokin hot in her day. But she obviously had issues.

I read today that they believe her partner's suicide last night may have actually been a murder and she was being looked into.

She lived a promiscuous life and killed herself when she had young children. .

Well there you have it then. She was promiscouos and was mentally ill. She should burn in hell.

Well there you have it then. She was promiscouos and was mentally ill. She should burn in hell.

I never mentioned hell, I just don't look at the act of living like a tramp and killing yourself when you have young children as something honorable or that she necessarily deserves to rest in peace.

I never mentioned hell, I just don't look at the act of living like a tramp and killing yourself when you have young children as something honorable or that she necessarily deserves to rest in peace.

What exactly constitutes "living like a tramp"?

What exactly constitutes "living like a tramp"?

Living promiscuously. I don't want to be disrespectful of the dead, but I certainly do not approve of how she lived, died, and I can't muster up much sympathy for her.

Mindy was an amazingingly talented young woman. And she was smokin hot in her day. But she obviously had issues.

Indeed, but the photo posted (in the post I was commenting on) was of Pam Dawber who played Mindy in Mork and Mindy (an old TV show).

She had brain damage from being battered by her husband. Dr Drew Pinsky said she was traumatized as a child, probably from abuse and had a serious seizure on his show Celebrity Rehab. He also called her an angel.

Back
Top Bottom