• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Milwaukee, Another Case of Blacks Rioting for all the Wrong Reasons

Is it? Blacks have tied themselves to the democrat party to the level of around 95%. So blacks rioting is democrats rioting. Remember, republicans are the party of angry white men. Angry black men are all democrats. Thats just how it is. Dont get mad at me. Get your base under control.

That's utterly ridiculous.

Their persistent demonstrating WILL help solve those problems...perhaps at dear cost to some of the demonstrators, however.

Michael Jordan donated two million dollars to organizations dedicated to creating a unified effort between law enforcement and people of the black community. He didn't give it to BLM. There's a reason. Demonstrations, riots, and slogans that cops are pigs in a blanket don't lead to positive outcomes.

Their persistent demonstrating WILL help solve those problems...perhaps at dear cost to some of the demonstrators, however.

If they spent as much time working to solve the crime problem with the police there would be no crime in these neighborhoods. I have lived in neighborhoods were crime started to get out of hand. I didn't burn my house down or my neighbors as a solution.

I became active in doing something about the problem. Granted in a few poor neighborhoods I lived in where rioting was the solution and gangs were the authority the only choice was to move. No one was interested in trying to solve the problem or work with the police. Even the police advised me to move.

But I have lived in areas where we actually brought the crime under control working with the authorities. The mindset of the people is the biggest hurdle these neighborhoods have to get over.

Obama's america. His knee jerk reactions to events without considering facts has been an example to race warriors and hucksters. The most divisive ultra racial president cements his legacy. As his mentor would say: the chickens have come home to roost.

Michael Jordan donated two million dollars to organizations dedicated to creating a unified effort between law enforcement and people of the black community. He didn't give it to BLM. There's a reason. Demonstrations, riots, and slogans that cops are pigs in a blanket don't lead to positive outcomes.

Well, I agree in principle. But frankly, there's a really good reason for the old adage, "The squeaky wheel gets the oil."

The liberal media isn't going full retard on this one because it turns out that the cop who shot him is black. He ruined everything.

The democrat party is filled with angry black males.

The pittsburgh penguins will have trouble defending the Stanley Cup.

It is.

America has a lot of sad.

We best stop looking past the sad.

Problems that are ignored have a nasty habit of getting worse.

Milwaukee appears to be another Detroit-like donut city--places where there is a strong and vibrant economy in the outer belt and nothing but blight in the city center.

From the PDF above:
In metro Milwaukee, all of the region’s net job growth since the
1980s has occurred in the suburbs, where few working-age black males live and where
transportation links between the central city and suburban jobs are poor (and increasingly facing
service cutbacks). It is plausible, then, to surmise that suburbanization and segregation are
important elements influencing the employment rate for black males in Milwaukee and other
regions.

There is a lot of blame to go around for why this happens. But, that it may be what lies beneath all these problems is hard to ignore.

The liberal media isn't going full retard on this one because it turns out that the cop who shot him is black. He ruined everything.

That plus the scumbag being armed and dangerous...

Obama's america. His knee jerk reactions to events without considering facts has been an example to race warriors and hucksters. The most divisive ultra racial president cements his legacy. As his mentor would say: the chickens have come home to roost.

Unless, something changes it appears we are in for a few more YEARS of the same. Its almost unbelievable to me that the majority of people in the U.S. are ignorant enough to want MORE.

Milwaukee appears to be another Detroit-like donut city--places where there is a strong and vibrant economy in the outer belt and nothing but blight in the city center.

Milwaukee County is divided along racial and political lines, and the city is the most segregated in America. An old, racist joke among locals is that the city’s 16th Street viaduct bridge is the longest structure in the world, linking “Africa to Europe.” Basically, black people lived on the city’s north side, and whites lived on the south side. The same holds true today, although Hispanics are now the majority in the south, and Asian-Americans make up the city’s west side. Whites have mostly moved to the suburbs.
Why is Milwaukee so bad for black people? | PBS NewsHour

Worth a read. It is not just the problems mentioned though, it is also that their has long been a breakdown in people working together. Everything is always so adversarial, with people more interested in protecting their turf than they are in fixing problems, much like Detroit.

As best I can tell, the matter is being handled well, as a beginning. The incident may become, however terrible as it was, a coming about of a union of the city administration, police and the community. There are many cities in the same position. Ferguson and Baltimore, etc. This is an example to promote union and progress.

This from just 8 weeks ago. Nothing ever really changes in Milwaukee:

MILWAUKEE -- Dr. Demond Means has resigned as commissioner of the state-mandated turnaround district designed to improve failing Milwaukee public schools, casting doubt about the future of the program.

"It has become clear to me that efforts to implement the Opportunity Schools and Partnership Program law will become increasingly adversarial at a time when adversity is the last thing our children need," Means said in an emailed statement announcing his resignation.

Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele now has 120 days to appoint a new commissioner. If he uses the entire period, there would be no commissioner -- and, thus, no turnaround district -- for the 2016-2017 school year, which starts in early September
Demond Means resigns as commissioner of turnaround plan for failing Milwaukee public schools | FOX6Now.com

Milwaukee's problems run far deeper than just "The Democrats ruined it."

https://www4.uwm.edu/ced/publications/black-employment_2012.pdf

I'm not reading a 41 page paper about unemployment. And btw, if the Democrats ran these cities properly there wouldn't be such high unemployment. For instance, Detroit was a wealthy city, the Democrats took over and ran it into the toilet and simply said "the auto industry left". No attempt to diversify the economy when there was a booming economy and no acknowledgement that the auto industry is making more cars than ever (Obama saved it, right!), including in Detroit's suburbs...just not Detroit.

There are deep cultural problems in the inner cities that a large segment of Democrats encourage. Here's one cultural problem: Many don't trust the police, making it extremely difficult to provide proper security which is a must for a stable economy. Republicans say, "Okay, join the police force and help your own community", Liberal Democrats say: "Police must be racist". In this instance, the Republicans are attempting to help instill trust between the police and residents while helping the inner city economy with another stable paycheck and safe and recognizable badly needed security. Democrats are simply masking the problem and enabling the thugs and hustlers in the inner city by deeming them victims.

Why is Milwaukee so bad for black people? | PBS NewsHour

Worth a read. It is not just the problems mentioned though, it is also that their has long been a breakdown in people working together. Everything is always so adversarial, with people more interested in protecting their turf than they are in fixing problems, much like Detroit.

The irony of all this is that when I spent a few weeks in Rock Hill, SC, there was no shortage of educated, well to do Blacks. The South is now a better place for Blacks than the North. Whodda guessed it?

It was also disclosed in the mayor and police chief's press conference that the guy that was shot had a gun in his hand, and was shot by a black cop, not a white cop like many had assumed.

That's going to take some steam away from BLM.

I'm not reading a 41 page paper about unemployment. And btw, if the Democrats ran these cities properly there wouldn't be such high unemployment. For instance, Detroit was a wealthy city, the Democrats took over and ran it into the toilet and simply said "the auto industry left". No attempt to diversify the economy when there was a booming economy and no acknowledgement that the auto industry is making more cars than ever (Obama saved it, right!), including in Detroit's suburbs...just not Detroit.

There are deep cultural problems in the inner cities that a large segment of Democrats encourage. Here's one cultural problem: Many don't trust the police, making it extremely difficult to provide proper security which is a must for a stable economy. Republicans say, "Okay, join the police force and help your own community", Liberal Democrats say: "Police must be racist". In this instance, the Republicans are attempting to help instill trust between the police and residents while helping the inner city economy with another stable paycheck and safe and recognizable badly needed security. Democrats are simply masking the problem and enabling the thugs and hustlers in the inner city by deeming them victims.

lol...I went to high school and college in the region, and left when the industry decided to begin manufacturing cars and automotive components in the Southern states. Now they manufacture almost everything South of I-40 and build huge plants in Saltillo, Mexico.

The demise of the cities and death of manufacturing in them was a combination of union busting, Reagan starving cities of funds, and local D corruption. Drugs too were a major problem. Damn auto plants in the city during the late 70]s had issues with vice: gambling, drugs loan sharking, prostitution, etc; that rivaled those in the Cass Corridor.

There is still some automotive manufacturing in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and PA, etc. Wisconsin lost it's big Truck and Bus GM plant back in '08.

The bulk of domestic American automotive manufacturing is now done by small non-union suppliers out in the sticks. Japanese and other foreign car companies are non-union. So, they have huge plants in places like OH, KY, TN and AL. These places are out there for several reasons. Small companies and foreign plants in rural areas are harder to organize; they are almost never located along bus routes; property taxes are low, as are other infrastructure expenses, and regulations are lax. As a result, most of these places are 90% white, with management approaching 100%--unless we're talking about the Japanese transplants, those companies are 50-50 Japanese and White.

Few people build manufacturing plants in the city anymore.

lol...I went to high school and college in the region, and left when the industry decided to begin manufacturing cars and automotive components in the Southern states. Now they manufacture almost everything South of I-40 and build huge plants in Saltillo, Mexico.

The demise of the cities and death of manufacturing in them was a combination of union busting, Reagan starving cities of funds, and local D corruption. Drugs too were a major problem. Damn auto plants in the city during the late 70]s had issues with vice: gambling, drugs loan sharking, prostitution, etc; that rivaled those in the Cass Corridor.

There is still some automotive manufacturing in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and PA, etc. Wisconsin lost it's big Truck and Bus GM plant back in '08.

The bulk of domestic American automotive manufacturing is now done by small non-union suppliers out in the sticks. Japanese and other foreign car companies are non-union. So, they have huge plants in places like OH, KY, TN and AL. These places are out there for several reasons. Small companies and foreign plants in rural areas are harder to organize; they are almost never located along bus routes; property taxes are low, as are other infrastructure expenses, and regulations are lax. As a result, most of these places are 90% white, with management approaching 100%--unless we're talking about the Japanese transplants, those companies are 50-50 Japanese and White.

Few people build manufacturing plants in the city anymore.

The suburbs built up around Detroit and the auto industry. Most of the suburbs are doing fine. Why?

Who knows how it will play out. The police are handling matters professionally as one can expect. Community leaders are in union with the police and city administration. It's terrible that such a thing must happen to bring people together and work to solve matters. It's not to do with fault of the police officer or the ones arrested.

The irony of all this is that when I spent a few weeks in Rock Hill, SC, there was no shortage of educated, well to do Blacks. The South is now a better place for Blacks than the North. Whodda guessed it?

I actually dont think that is right, there are a lot of educated good earning blacks in the north and the average may well be better in the North. The problem is that anymore as soon as a black gets educated and gets earning they vacate the hood for the burbs just like the whites did. For a time there was loyalty (80's early 90's), they would still come back and be a part of the black church on Sunday, would find other ways to contribute to the black underclass so that they could rise up too, but not anymore. This is something that you dont hear from poor blacks, an admission that middle class and wealthy blacks have abandoned them, that their being left to rot is not all whitey's fault. Nearly everyone has given up on them except for some chin wagging now and then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom