• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Millions of Americans risk eviction as virus cases spike

When you own your own house some day, you'll know those payments are called a mortgage.
I see, so I'm confident you are making your mortgage payments and consequently are not on the dead beat list?

I see, so I'm confident you are making your mortgage payments and consequently are not on the dead beat list?

No, you're just enough of a good little soldier that you'll completely change your tune once the right wing narrative coalesces around how those darn Democrats wont help real working class Americans.

We can make it a bet on whether I move out of my house before you criticize Democrats for the coming eviction spike.
Yes, Bidenflation has not been kind to people on the bottom rungs and it's going to get worse. On the flip side, my house has increased by over $200,000 in the past year.

It's like they say, if you like income inequality, vote Democrat.

No, you're just enough of a good little soldier that you'll completely change your tune once the right wing narrative coalesces around how those darn Democrats wont help real working class Americans.
Really? I argue the majority are free loader taking advantage of the system. Paint whatever you want but I would take issue with squatters on my property....

Really? I argue the majority are free loader taking advantage of the system. Paint whatever you want but I would take issue with squatters on my property....

I know that's what you argue. That's what you argue today.

In a couple months it will be a completely different argument based on completely different reasons, once the evictions start and the propaganda machine feeds you new lines.

Yes, Bidenflation has not been kind to people on the bottom rungs and it's going to get worse. On the flip side, my house has increased by over $200,000 in the past year.

See, VySky? Happening already! They're already starting to shift in the other direction.

You'll follow.

I didn't know the republican party had a plan to keep evictions from happening... Care to show it to me?

I mean. It sure looks like they are doing whatever they can to block any extension.

I know that's what you argue. That's what you argue today.

In a couple months it will be a completely different argument based on completely different reasons, once the evictions start and the propaganda machine feeds you new lines.
Make no mistake I will hammer down on the waiver should have never been implemented in the first place

I didn't know the republican party had a plan to keep evictions from happening... Care to show it to me?

I mean. It sure looks like they are doing whatever they can to block any extension.
This is the problem with Democrats. They look at someone who steals a shopping cart from a business to carry their life in... as a problem of not having enough free shopping carts.

This is the problem with Democrats. They look at someone who steals a shopping cart from a business to carry their life in as a problem of not having enough free shopping carts.

I'm just wondering.

If we're going to complain about evictions what are the policies republicans are selling that I SHOULD be voting for?

Good. GTFO to the free loaders. What a moronic policy to have in effect in the first place.

Get a job and pay rent
Why don't you give them a job? Maybe reduce your rent to help them?
Better still, keep you hatred to yourself.

Why don't you give them a job? Maybe reduce your rent to help them?
Better still, keep you hatred to yourself.
What is hatred about getting a job and paying your fair share? Pay the rent or mortgage or GTFO off my property

None of that matters. COVID was never going to be eradicated.
As of today, the case count that we know of is 35,016,505 with over 613,000 dead. I agree that the Coronavirus would have never been eradicated but what's important here was if the effort to prevent as much of the virus as we possibly could were properly addressed/handled back when it was first known and now (and by effort I mean our leadership AND citizenry) these case numbers would have more than likely be at a much more manageable and safer case count level. To prevent major business closings, and, or cutbacks that has created so many people to either lose or reduced their paychecks - especially during a time that price inflation is gobbling up people's money faster. This nation can't afford to allow millions of people to be turned out onto the streets to fend for themselves during a vicious pandemic. It only makes sense to keep them as safe as possible until this killer virus is back under control. Once it is under control, that opens the door for a safer restoration of jobs with improved confidence injected back into our society that begets no further need for a moratorium. Compassion and brotherhood for our citizens is needed at this time during a pandemic.

This is the problem with Democrats. They look at someone who steals a shopping cart from a business to carry their life in... as a problem of not having enough free shopping carts.
There's been downtrodden people in the US for what seems to be forever. In 2016, there were 40.6 million in poverty. In 2017 there were 39.7 million in poverty. I'm not totally blaming (S/I/T) Trump for those poverty numbers but I do blame him for his uppity ignorance and attitude that he took and still takes today towards people who isn't fortunate to be born into big ass money with lawyers to find ways to keep one's sorry ass afloat. Sure, there's an argument that can be made that a certain percentage of the total who live in poverty who doesn't care to earn a living, (but in life, there's always a ratio of people who fall short of the expected mark set by society) but there's also many who do try to work and earn money for their keep but are not able to for various reasons - reasons like the pandemic for instance. Keep in mind that someday, it's possible that those who snub their noses at the downtrodden and unfortunate may get a taste of what's that like. People need to understand why it is legislation is needed to give those in need a temporary lift. Understand that if, at all, possible.

We've already had that with some posters whinging about tent cities. It will become a talking point once it isn't just "those folks" in urban centers.
;)

Ooh, buddy, wait for your right wing talking points. Others are trying to blame Democrats for all these evictions.
Lets see, Dems control the House, Senate and the Presidency. Yup it's their fault alright...................

Good. GTFO to the free loaders. What a moronic policy to have in effect in the first place.

Get a job and pay rent

Clearly economics is not your strong suit.

Lets see, Dems control the House, Senate and the Presidency. Yup it's their fault alright...................

So you think Democrats should extend the eviction moratorium?

Millions of Americans risk eviction as virus cases spike​

Thread title might mean something if it read like this:
Millions of Americans risk eviction as shooting deaths spike in Chicago.

Not the point.
Of course not. Wouldn't want to take a stance on it. Would make it impossible to actually criticize Democrats but give Republicans a pass!

What is hatred about getting a job and paying your fair share? Pay the rent or mortgage or GTFO off my property
Clearly you have a hatred for unemployed and those on welfare. Admit it. That's your problem.

Back
Top Bottom