• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Millions face delayed tax refunds, cuts to food stamps as White House scrambles to deal with shutdow

How the hell do you come up with such utterly moronic crap? Both houses voted on what the constituents they represent want. It is up to the asshole in chief to sign the laws congress passes.

LOL. Um, no its not.

Is that how you think government works? Trump throws a fit and if Democrats don’t give in, all blame is on them? Did you actually watch the press conference where Trump said multiple times that he’d take the blame?

It doesnt matter what he says. The issue, at the moment, is stuck in congress. So until both houses pass a bill and send it to his desk, the shutdown is on them

Going into year three, the least competent administration in history is still learning what government does. Apparently it just dawned on somebody that going into tax season with 90% of the IRS at home without pay means that tens of millions of households won't be getting refunds if Trump keeps dragging out his shutdown.

Millions face delayed tax refunds, cuts to food stamps as White House scrambles to deal with shutdown’s consequences

Same story for Trump's payoffs to the farmers his trade war is bankrupting. He hasn't paid out the money yet and with the goverment shut down he can't do it.

And yet today Trump says he might want to drag his shutdown on for years? That's phenomenally bad bluffing.
No surprise. That's what happens when an ignorant ****ing moron is President.

No, obviously Trump is the one harming people with his shutdown. He could end that right now...call Mexico and ask for the money!

Democrats could end it too. Schumer could drop his filibuster and pass the House bill that Trump will sign.

No surprise. That's what happens when an ignorant ****ing moron is President.
Feel better? Maybe there's a puppy you could kick nearby...

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Feel better? Maybe there's a puppy you could kick nearby...

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk
Nope.
Puppy kicking is a Trump activity.
He would then brag about it on Twitter.

Nothing I wrote is a lie. So either you do not know what a lie is, or you lack the integrity to debate anything here. Right now I am leaning toward the latter but one never knows. The dems can open the government tomorrow. Period. Time to man up and realize that your side is 100% invested in this shut down.
I have my own theory to explain why the left is so invested in blaming Trump alone. It's the only thing they know how to do. They are stl living in the past when this tactic would of gotten them there way. They are a 1 trick pony who have lost their audience.

In the past they would blame the right and their sycophant media allies would of covered in a way that supports that narrative. Republicans would cave and the dems get their way while giving up nothing.

Enough voters have become intolerant to this and voted in their own political gladiator, DJT. All these petty attacks on him bounce off like liberal tears falling on the ground because Trumps base has his back and he has ours. There is nothing the left can do to break the bond because Trump has been smart enough to stay the course.

What we are watching is the left becoming so frustrated that their one trick pony does not entertain us any longer and they have no other tricks to distract us with that we are standing United for what we want. They are throwing an epic tantrum over this and this shutdown is just another chapter in the long line of fits they been throwing and are most likely coming.

Wait till the AG feeds them a report from Mueller that its do heavily redacted that its worthless and trumps supporters show indifference to the secrecy its shrouded in. Their heads are gonna explode

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Democrats could end it too. Schumer could drop his filibuster and pass the House bill that Trump will sign.

But Trump stated that Mexico would pay for the wall. He needs to get busy on that promise.

I have my own theory to explain why the left is so invested in blaming Trump alone.

He's proud to starve the poor and withhold the tax refunds of the middle class until they pay for the picket fence Mexico was going to pay for.

How do we know? He already told us.

Right, I forgot, this asshole was not elected by the people but only by the low intellect morons who have no clue on what are the duties of the President.

That might be a bit of a stretch. But we can say they that most don't know about ladders, that or they don't completely understand how they work.

Last edited:
I have my own theory to explain why the left is so invested in blaming Trump alone.

Because Trump said he will take responsibility for the shutdown?

It's the only thing they know how to do.

Yeah, basing our thinking on reality is what we know how to do. Unlike Trump supporters who largely base their thinking on whatever Trump tells them to think.

They are stl living in the past when this tactic would of gotten them there way. They are a 1 trick pony who have lost their audience.

Yeah, those against the wall have learned to think for themselves. Obviously a "tactic" that Trump does not want his supporters to use. They start doing that, and they'll quickly realize they're being conned. Trump counts on their ignorance, just like he did with the suckers he flimflammed at Trump "University".

Millions face delayed tax refunds, cuts to food stamps as White House scrambles to deal with shutdown

Though I understand the potential consequence of that, I'm not sympathetic toward folks whose refunds may/will be delayed. Indeed, of all the reasons to be irked over the government shutdown, tax refund delays quite simply isn't among them, AFAIC.

He's proud to starve the poor and withhold the tax refunds of the middle class until they pay for the picket fence Mexico was going to pay for.

Thanks for that video clip. This is the first time I've seen it. That changes everything. You converted me. I'm a believer now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nope.
Puppy kicking is a Trump activity.
He would then brag about it on Twitter.
Nope, I think it's an SMTA activity...I picture you as that kind of perpetually angry, vindictive, miserable individual we all have run across in life.

I feel sorry for them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Standard liberal line...

"Republicans act - Women and children suffer"

It's so stale.

Going into year three, the least competent administration in history is still learning what government does. Apparently it just dawned on somebody that going into tax season with 90% of the IRS at home without pay means that tens of millions of households won't be getting refunds if Trump keeps dragging out his shutdown.

Millions face delayed tax refunds, cuts to food stamps as White House scrambles to deal with shutdown’s consequences

Same story for Trump's payoffs to the farmers his trade war is bankrupting. He hasn't paid out the money yet and with the goverment shut down he can't do it.

And yet today Trump says he might want to drag his shutdown on for years? That's phenomenally bad bluffing.

..of course, the biggest irony of all this is that it is suppose to be about national security, but the shutdown means TSA, Air traffic controller, ICE and the Border Patrol aren't being paid. Yes, they still are reporting for work, but that can only go on so long. They have families and mortgages, with many of them living paycheck to paycheck. Its just a matter of a couple of weeks before we create a crisis within our homeland security community.

If this went to April, we will have taxpayers in mutiny as many do rely on their refunds as forced savings that they count on in April.

Standard liberal line...

"Republicans act - Women and children suffer"

It's so stale.

If you don't like it, don't take away supplemental nutrition assistance from vulnerable people.

He'll have no choice but to budge or all those Trump voters in rural America can't get their SNAP, and then can't buy food. They'll complain to their GOP Senators and pass a veto-proof bill that doesn't include the stupid wall.

The red states are the ones most dependent on the Federal government.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...federal-worker-impact/?utm_term=.97866521608e

With 22 Republican Senators up in 2020, many from the states most impacted by this shut down.... well, its a good argument for Republicans to be in favor of gun control.

shootfoot.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, I think it's an SMTA activity...I picture you as that kind of perpetually angry, vindictive, miserable individual we all have run across in life.

I feel sorry for them.

Your desperate denial is cute.
So is your deflection.
Trump is a lying, bullying piece of ****.
There are thousands of Twitter posts and sounds bites that prove it.
Sell your denial crap elsewhere.
His pi

If you don't like it, don't take away supplemental nutrition assistance from vulnerable people.
I neither like, nor dislike it...your statement was, stale, and dumb. I'm saying smarten up.

Back
Top Bottom