• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Millions face delayed tax refunds, cuts to food stamps as White House scrambles to deal with shutdow

Why is it that you seem blind to the FACT that Trump could open the government tomorrow? You think he is looking like a big man?

Of course he could. Everyone knows that. My point was that the dems could too. But they wont. Thats something you dems wont talk about.

^
Observe the reeking and God-forsaken hypocrisy in these posts. Not the first post, mind, but the second and third posts.

Trump announces it is his responsibility, live. Fast forward not even half a month, and he's declared it's the Dem's fault, actually. Observe who flocks to DP to announce that it's the Dems' fault. Coffeepap at me if you like - if you at least respond to shorter posts - but that doesn't change the situation. This is simply the next time the GOP has taken hostages and issued demands.

They didn't agree to the demands! Look what they made Trump do!

No wonder you have to hoover the spin.

Its not spin. The dems use the threat of a shutdown as a form of blackmail. Trump simply called their bluff. What he says doesnt matter--as you libs love to point out in thread after thread after thread. Do I have to hold your hand through this too? The House passed a bill the president said he would sign, Schumer filibustered it. Thats Trumps fault? Trump wants his funding and is willing to shut down the government to get it. Dems oppose the funding and will shut down the government in order to keep him from getting it. Those are the facts, dude. Drop your typical hackish perspective on things for 5 seconds and you will see that. I know thats a lot to ask, but give it a shot one time.

Its not spin. The dems use the threat of a shutdown as a form of blackmail. Trump simply called their bluff. What he says doesnt matter--as you libs love to point out in thread after thread after thread. Do I have to hold your hand through this too? The House passed a bill the president said he would sign, Schumer filibustered it. Thats Trumps fault? Trump wants his funding and is willing to shut down the government to get it. Dems oppose the funding and will shut down the government in order to keep him from getting it. Those are the facts, dude. Drop your typical hackish perspective on things for 5 seconds and you will see that. I know thats a lot to ask, but give it a shot one time.

Andy laying of blame not on Trump or McConnel is spin, and you KNOW IT! Of course you can't be honest about it. Trump's never done an honest day's work in his life and his posters can't post honestly either.:roll:

Going into year three, the least competent administration in history is still learning what government does. Apparently it just dawned on somebody that going into tax season with 90% of the IRS at home without pay means that tens of millions of households won't be getting refunds if Trump keeps dragging out his shutdown.

Millions face delayed tax refunds, cuts to food stamps as White House scrambles to deal with shutdown’s consequences

Same story for Trump's payoffs to the farmers his trade war is bankrupting. He hasn't paid out the money yet and with the goverment shut down he can't do it.

And yet today Trump says he might want to drag his shutdown on for years? That's phenomenally bad bluffing.

I drive past a large AFB every day. It’s the largest single-point employer in this area. There has been no traffic around it for weeks. That’s going to begin hurting soon.

Lol...yep, your post is not spin. It’s straight up bull****

The problem is, it is a matter of opinion what is and is not useless...as is who is responsible for the shutdown. :shrug:

Not according to trump, he said he would do it and he did, "proudly"...

Not according to trump, he said he would do it and he did, "proudly"...

But he changed the truth later. Trump creates all truth, and if it's inconvenient he edits it on the fly, cuz he's an honest patriot! You people wouldn't understand that.:roll: Stupid libruls, Goddamn libtard dummies!

Yes they do. The President is not going to budge, they know it, and they refuse to budge...over 1/5th of what they were willing to approve back when they wanted DACA Amnesty, etc.

Now they are being just as stubborn and must share the blame. :shrug:

Why should they budge? More Americans oppose the wall than support it. Why force the majority of the country to "budge" to one man and his minority constituency.

Why should they budge? More Americans oppose the wall than support it. Why force the majority of the country to "budge" to one man and his minority constituency.

Because Trump is a patriot and a hero and has NEVER been wrong, EVER!

Damn you're a dumb librul now aren't ya?

Now that I have MASTERFULLY DESTROYED your argument, with REAL ALT-RIGHT "facts", why don't you just accept that Trump is right already? God you libruls are dumb!:roll:

Potus owns this. Mexico won't pay for the wall. Your president is a lying cuck poser.

What is relevant is a tax burden so large that people have to depend on getting some of it back a year after LENDING it to the government.

People who live paycheck to paycheck should not have to deal with such a heavy tax burden that they DEPEND on getting some back the following year.

No, that's quite irrelevant to what I posted in response to your post.
IMO it is this acceptance of major tax burdens for all the deficit spending Congress approves and President's demand that has been the problem all along.

Yet instead of arguing that, it's all about "Don't spend it on this, spend it on that!" thinking.

Delusional and unmoored from reality yet again. This grows boring.
So cry me no tears because refunds may be held up. We should all be demanding less spending across the board at the government level.

We should all strive for relevancy in our posts and endeavor not to move goalposts so we don't look foolish when we can't back up unsupported bare assertions.

Yes they do. The President is not going to budge, they know it, and they refuse to budge...over 1/5th of what they were willing to approve back when they wanted DACA Amnesty, etc.

So after Trump said he owned any shutdown, and then after Trump throws a temper tantrum, somehow it's somebody else's fault he's behaving like a six year old? LOL, what are the Dems supposed to do, make a new governmental position: "Babysitter of POTUS"?

Dang, Trump has turned the Republicans into the party that never accepts personal responsibility, hasn't he?

Now they are being just as stubborn and must share the blame. :shrug:

He'll have no choice but to budge or all those Trump voters in rural America can't get their SNAP, and then can't buy food. They'll complain to their GOP Senators and pass a veto-proof bill that doesn't include the stupid wall.

Exactly. The dems could open up the government tomorrow if they wanted. But they are too stubborn to give anything to Trump that he could call a victory.

(third post referred to below)

^
Observe the reeking and God-forsaken hypocrisy in these posts. Not the first post, mind, but the second and third posts.

Trump announces it is his responsibility, live. Fast forward not even half a month, and he's declared it's the Dem's fault, actually. Observe who flocks to DP to announce that it's the Dems' fault. Coffeepap at me if you like - if you at least respond to shorter posts - but that doesn't change the situation. This is simply the next time the GOP has taken hostages and issued demands.

They didn't agree to the demands! Look what they made Trump do!

No wonder you have to hoover the spin.

Its not spin. The dems use the threat of a shutdown as a form of blackmail. Trump simply called their bluff. What he says doesnt matter--as you libs love to point out in thread after thread after thread. Do I have to hold your hand through this too? The House passed a bill the president said he would sign, Schumer filibustered it. Thats Trumps fault? Trump wants his funding and is willing to shut down the government to get it. Dems oppose the funding and will shut down the government in order to keep him from getting it. Those are the facts, dude. Drop your typical hackish perspective on things for 5 seconds and you will see that. I know thats a lot to ask, but give it a shot one time. . . .

You are lying.

AGAIN

“I will take the mantle,” Mr. Trump told the two Democratic leaders in the Oval Office, saying he would proudly close parts of the executive branch if he did not get his way. “I’m not going to blame you for it,” he continued. “The last time you shut it down, it didn’t work. I will take the mantle of shutting down, and I’m going to shut it down for border security.”

...“If we have to close down the country over border security, I actually like that in terms of an issue,” Mr. Trump told reporters late Tuesday after the Democrats had departed. “I will take it because we are closing it down for border security, and I think I win that every single time.” “I don’t mind owning that issue,” he said of a shutdown.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/us/politics/trump-shutdown.html

And this time, it's even stupider than the lies you no doubt told that last few times the GOP took hostages and issued demands. There are multiple quotes over the course of the year on how this was the plan.

Yes, please do hold my hand while I walk you through this yet again (let me put on gloves first): Trump said he would shut down the government to get what he wants on the wall, Trump said that was his choice and his fault, Trump did it.

But then....knowing his marks so well - the one thing he's good at - he commands you to blame the Dems. It's their fault he had to shut them down, just like it's the beaten wife's fault that the husband had to hit her again. Shouldn't have made him mad after all. It's the cops' fault the bank robber shoots all the hostages. Should've given him another 100 million, a helicopter, and had a submarine waiting on the coast.

:roll:

So what do you get out of your dishonest routine, exactly? The stupid hackery that anyone who can rub two frayed ends of neurons together sees in an instant? What do you get out of this?

People claim others get paid for this, and perhaps some do. But you've been lying too damn long. So what do you get out of it? Is it really just the petty delight of thinking that I spent time finding a quote for you?

Are you really just testing cesspool-diving equipment? What's the deal with your stupid, dishonest, hackish, and ultimately contemptible posts?

Last edited:
(third post referred to below)

You are lying.

AGAIN

“I will take the mantle,” Mr. Trump told the two Democratic leaders in the Oval Office, saying he would proudly close parts of the executive branch if he did not get his way. “I’m not going to blame you for it,” he continued. “The last time you shut it down, it didn’t work. I will take the mantle of shutting down, and I’m going to shut it down for border security.”

...“If we have to close down the country over border security, I actually like that in terms of an issue,” Mr. Trump told reporters late Tuesday after the Democrats had departed. “I will take it because we are closing it down for border security, and I think I win that every single time.” “I don’t mind owning that issue,” he said of a shutdown.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/us/politics/trump-shutdown.html

And this time, it's even stupider than the lies you no doubt told that last few times the GOP took hostages and issued demands. There are multiple quotes over the course of the year on how this was the plan.

Yes, please do hold my hand while I walk you through this yet again (let me put on gloves first): Trump said he would shut down the government to get what he wants on the wall, Trump said that was his choice and his fault, Trump did it.

But then....knowing his marks so well - the one thing he's good at - he commands you to blame the Dems. It's their fault he had to shut them down, just like it's the beaten wife's fault that the husband had to hit her again. Shouldn't have made him mad after all. It's the cops' fault the bank robber shoots all the hostages. Should've given him another 100 million, a helicopter, and had a submarine waiting on the coast.

:roll:

So what do you get out of your dishonest routine, exactly? The stupid hackery that anyone who can rub two frayed ends of neurons together sees in an instant? What do you get out of this?

People claim others get paid for this, and perhaps some do. But you've been lying too damn long. So what do you get out of it? Is it really just the petty delight of thinking that I spent time finding a quote for you?

Are you really just testing cesspool-diving equipment? What's the deal with your stupid, dishonest, hackish, and ultimately contemptible posts?

Nothing I wrote is a lie. So either you do not know what a lie is, or you lack the integrity to debate anything here. Right now I am leaning toward the latter but one never knows. The dems can open the government tomorrow. Period. Time to man up and realize that your side is 100% invested in this shut down.

No they can not. They tried but the idiot in chief refused. Time to recognize the truth.

How in the hell do you not understand how government works yet come here and engage in debate. The dems can open the government tomorrow if they pass a bill the president will sign. Its that simple. And it happened every year during the Obama administration.

So this is all about defeating Trump and not the people supposedly being harmed by the shutdown. No kidding.

No, obviously Trump is the one harming people with his shutdown. He could end that right now...call Mexico and ask for the money!

Of course he could. Everyone knows that. My point was that the dems could too. But they wont. Thats something you dems wont talk about.

The democrats will pass a series of bills funding each of the departments that are shut down. They will ask for a continuation until February on Home Land Security, so that negotiations can continue for a short time, and everyone goes back to work.

The foot stamper in chief will not agree to this rational plan, and his lackey McConnell will most likely not bring any of these measures to a vote in the Senate.

So, I'll talk about this till the cows come home, but I can't imagine what there is to discuss. It's as clear as day Trump is gonna play petulant child, and his supporters will blame the democrats for his idiocy.

The democrats will pass a series of bills funding each of the departments that are shut down. They will ask for a continuation until February on Home Land Security, so that negotiations can continue for a short time, and everyone goes back to work.

The foot stamper in chief will not agree to this rational plan, and his lackey McConnell will most likely not bring any of these measures to a vote in the Senate.

So, I'll talk about this till the cows come home, but I can't imagine what there is to discuss. It's as clear as day Trump is gonna play petulant child, and his supporters will blame the democrats for his idiocy.

The D's have said clearly that they refuse to negotiate, so that would be another lie.

How in the hell do you not understand how government works yet come here and engage in debate. The dems can open the government tomorrow if they pass a bill the president will sign. Its that simple. And it happened every year during the Obama administration.
How the hell do you come up with such utterly moronic crap? Both houses voted on what the constituents they represent want. It is up to the asshole in chief to sign the laws congress passes.

The D's have said clearly that they refuse to negotiate, so that would be another lie.

The democrats have said they are not giving Trump 5.6 billion dollars to end his shutdown. They have not said they will not consider border security, which if ever a good study is done on the best way to approach it, I think money might be better spent on technology that could actually do something. You are aware of their attempt to pass these bills?

Is that how you think government works? Trump throws a fit and if Democrats don’t give in, all blame is on them? Did you actually watch the press conference where Trump said multiple times that he’d take the blame?

The democrats have said they are not giving Trump 5.6 billion dollars to end his shutdown. They have not said they will not consider border security, which if ever a good study is done on the best way to approach it, I think money might be better spent on technology that could actually do something. You are aware of their attempt to pass these bills?

Of course....and sure they would say "Let's do a study, maybe we can talk about this next year".

That is not negotiating.

Of course....and sure they would say "Let's do a study, maybe we can talk about this next year".

That is not negotiating.

They didn't say let's do a study. I'm asking if Trump is relying on any kind of study when he decided he need 5.6 billion dollars of Mexico's money to be paid by US taxpayers?
Or does he just know this from his incredible knowledge of everything?

The democrats want a continuation until February. That is not so far away, regardless of Trump's manufactured crisis.

Back
Top Bottom