• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Millions face delayed tax refunds, cuts to food stamps as White House scrambles to deal with shutdow

And yet here you are demanding we waste money on a useless wall...

The problem is, it is a matter of opinion what is and is not useless...as is who is responsible for the shutdown. :shrug:

Yes, it is BS...if anyone says that the Democrat's share no blame for the shutdown by their refusal to appropriate $5 Billion for a wall. Especially when they know the President will Veto it otherwise, and they don't have enough votes in the Senate to override.

All they have to do is allow the $5 billion for wall construction and viola! Appropriations bill passes. :shrug:

So if you were being held hostage - you'd cave?? Think of the shoe on the other foot............not holding my breath.

Irrelevant to the fact that many do.

Why? They don't share any blame in Twump's hissy fit meltdown over a useless fantasy campaign prop.

Yes they do. The President is not going to budge, they know it, and they refuse to budge...over 1/5th of what they were willing to approve back when they wanted DACA Amnesty, etc.

Now they are being just as stubborn and must share the blame. :shrug:

Exactly. The dems could open up the government tomorrow if they wanted. But they are too stubborn to give anything to Trump that he could call a victory.

^
Observe the reeking and God-forsaken hypocrisy in these posts. Not the first post, mind, but the second and third posts.

Trump announces it is his responsibility, live. Fast forward not even half a month, and he's declared it's the Dem's fault, actually. Observe who flocks to DP to announce that it's the Dems' fault. Coffeepap at me if you like - if you at least respond to shorter posts - but that doesn't change the situation. This is simply the next time the GOP has taken hostages and issued demands.

They didn't agree to the demands! Look what they made Trump do!

No wonder you have to hoover the spin.

So if you were being held hostage - you'd cave?? Think of the shoe on the other foot............not holding my breath.

Well, it is a matter of opinion which is holding which "hostage."

They are both equally responsible.

I held your hand through this conversation once and you learned nothing. Doesnt matter what Trump says or said. The fact is, dems can open the government tomorrow. That you dont understand that is just you wallowing in your own ignorance. I tried. I cant educate you if you arent willing to learn.

downloadirony.jpg

No, they don't. You can insist that they do all you'd like, but the house and senate already had a package with no wall that the POTUS was ready to agree to, then he heard the usual idiots on RW Yeehaw Radio screaming about it and changed his petulant toddler's mind.

They share absolutely no blame, and Trump has already publicly absolved them of any, placing it entirely on his own shoulders. There are receipts.

You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

But that sure NEVER stops the MAGA moron crowd from posting their fantasy bull****, that's for damn sure!

Exactly. The dems could open up the government tomorrow if they wanted. But they are too stubborn to give anything to Trump that he could call a victory.

Aww, do you need a safe space or maybe a hug lil fella? Too bad cuz IDGAF, and you know where you can shove your wall too!:cool:

Sounds like you've got a bright future in the White House Communications Office.

With a name like "derp" well that just SCREAMS credibility. Like the kind of credibility that can only be acheived with big fonts lots of caps and exclamation points!:roll:

And Democrats just took control of the house today, so the shutdown has all been started and maintained by a Republican, House, Senate and President...

Amazing how that gets forgotten. Either that or they the Dems are just that good.

Yes, it is BS...if anyone says that the Democrat's share no blame for the shutdown by their refusal to appropriate $5 Billion for a wall. Especially when they know the President will Veto it otherwise, and they don't have enough votes in the Senate to override.

All they have to do is allow the $5 billion for wall construction and viola! Appropriations bill passes. :shrug:

The only reason McConnel won't bring it to a vote is cuz your side would defect and embarasss King TangFace, but well go on and continue your delusion.

I mean with that MANDATE of 40% of Americans being "for" wasting money on a useless wall, well, that's massive, 40% is more than half right? I mean I'm sure Trump thinks so.

Going into year three, the least competent administration in history is still learning what government does. Apparently it just dawned on somebody that going into tax season with 90% of the IRS at home without pay means that tens of millions of households won't be getting refunds if Trump keeps dragging out his shutdown.

Millions face delayed tax refunds, cuts to food stamps as White House scrambles to deal with shutdown’s consequences

Same story for Trump's payoffs to the farmers his trade war is bankrupting. He hasn't paid out the money yet and with the goverment shut down he can't do it.

And yet today Trump says he might want to drag his shutdown on for years? That's phenomenally bad bluffing.
Care to show the scrambling you're claiming? Are Democrats scrambling to figure out how yo finance the wall without admitting to it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes they do. The President is not going to budge, they know it, and they refuse to budge...over 1/5th of what they were willing to approve back when they wanted DACA Amnesty, etc.

Now they are being just as stubborn and must share the blame. :shrug:

So if we have a Republican house, dem senate and dem president, you think the Republican house should just cave in to the dem president demands then right? That’s what you are asking the dem house to do.

So if we have a Republican house, dem senate and dem president, you think the Republican house should just cave in to the dem president demands then right? That’s what you are asking the dem house to do.

Realize, you are talking to people who not only believe Trump is a legit "sucessful businessman" and a "patriot" occupying the office of president "out of the goodness of his heart" purely "for the benefit of the American people". You expect rationality out of people so easily fooled? No, this is an emotional appeal thing, you ill never get rational thought out of this crowd.

:2rofll:

Once Pelosi blurted out the moronic assertion that a physical barrier at the border is immoral it has become an ethical issue. How dare you ask anyone to do something which is immoral? Why it is not immoral to leave the existing physical barriers at the border intact, of course, has never been asked of Pelosi. Mr. Trump tear down that wall!
Glad I'm not the only one to pick up on that. Hyperbolic stuff aside I font get the TOS the dems seem to be happy to take. They seems to think hiding behind amibigious language is gonna protect them from public opinion

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Going into year three, the least competent administration in history is still learning what government does. Apparently it just dawned on somebody that going into tax season with 90% of the IRS at home without pay means that tens of millions of households won't be getting refunds if Trump keeps dragging out his shutdown.

Millions face delayed tax refunds, cuts to food stamps as White House scrambles to deal with shutdown’s consequences

Same story for Trump's payoffs to the farmers his trade war is bankrupting. He hasn't paid out the money yet and with the goverment shut down he can't do it.

And yet today Trump says he might want to drag his shutdown on for years? That's phenomenally bad bluffing.

When are most tax forms that you need to do your taxes mailed? The last week in January or later. So this seems like a bit of drama just for the politics of the situation. :failpail:

It seems to me that Trump could access some thoroughly modern technology to enhance border safety, but he has cast his lot with his visual wall. And even as his sidekicks try to walk it back, and call it a fence, or metal slats, he insists it will be a wall.

The current immigrants at the southern border are overwhelmingly Central American families who are turning themselves in at the border.
Drug traffic is through legitimate points of entry, not over the planned wall area.
Overwhelming percent of illegal immigrants overstay legitimate visas.

The Wall is BS. Even Trump knows that now, and tried to make an escape a few weeks ago. He got called out by Ann Coulter who obviously runs the country now, and he tucked tail between legs.

What is most amazing is people who seem to be able to put a few thoughts together, still use that effort to support a ridiculous project. Just mind boggling amazing.

I heard McCaffrey say that it also comes in on submarines from Columbia........what wall will fix that praytell.

It seems to me that Trump could access some thoroughly modern technology to enhance border safety, but he has cast his lot with his visual wall. And even as his sidekicks try to walk it back, and call it a fence, or metal slats, he insists it will be a wall.

The current immigrants at the southern border are overwhelmingly Central American families who are turning themselves in at the border.
Drug traffic is through legitimate points of entry, not over the planned wall area.
Overwhelming percent of illegal immigrants overstay legitimate visas.

The Wall is BS. Even Trump knows that now, and tried to make an escape a few weeks ago. He got called out by Ann Coulter who obviously runs the country now, and he tucked tail between legs.

What is most amazing is people who seem to be able to put a few thoughts together, still use that effort to support a ridiculous project. Just mind boggling amazing.

Has there been one federally funded study to validate appropiating the initial 5 billion, nope. The Republicans have had two years to initiate and fund such a study to justify the cost. Hmm

Exactly trump has "proudly" shut down America a d ****ed over millions of people because he didn't get his way.

And I'm sick of this bull**** we need a wall for national security, we have lived centuries without it why the sudden rush?

Fix our Infrastructure first if we have money left over we can build homes for the homeless.

We have far more pressing issues than a 100% fabricated security threat from the south...

I have suggested the Dems get behind a federally funded study to justify such a large amount of public money. The Republicans want to rush this without due diligence. That is negligence on the Republicans part, no study then no wall.

Has there been one federally funded study to validate appropiating the initial 5 billion, nope. The Republicans have had two years to initiate and fund such a study to justify the cost. Hmm

Excellent question! Perhaps one of the wall supporters can supply an answer...

This is all on Trump. One mean tweet from Ann Coulter and he decides to hold hostage 50 million households' cash and take food away from 40 million Americans.

Seee a MAGA guy watches that and is like "Obviously that's Schumer and Pelosi's fault!". And it's CRYSTAL CLEAR to them Trump's words are irrelevant, he's just putting 'murica first!

The wall makes them FEEL good, and that proves it's effectiveness! God dumb libruls have to have EVERYTHING explained to them!:roll:

Oh I have floated this thought on a couple threads on this very board. Not one comment from the other side. Hmm what are they afraid of, educated and thoughtfull research?

And Trump "needs" a victory why? He put himself in this corner exercising his LOL negotiating skills, and now the democrats should give him a victory? That's funny.

So this is all about defeating Trump and not the people supposedly being harmed by the shutdown. No kidding.

Back
Top Bottom