• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Million Muslim March' Planned On 9/11 Prompts Conservative Freakout

Being a fan of tabloids is not evidence of extra brain cells. :roll:

That's true. Perhaps you're unaware that the Washington Times and Newsmax aren't tabloids, and these and HuffPo are what I've cited in this thread. Maybe you're a little confused because you aren't terribly observant. Why don't you look at the little pink icon under my name?

The result of a slow news day

I guess we'll have to see on 9-11.

who cares?

Alam cares, he set out to get notoriety for his organization who had no name recognition at all and were unable to get noticed by anyone at all. So what does he do, proclaim a march that will never happen, plan it on a date that is sure to get a lot of media attention he hopes, but when even that fails (when they announced it in January of this year no one cared or paid attention) Alam makes sure that the media who hates him most is riled up for loads of media attention. And to achieve that conservative media attention Alam goes on Fox News, ensuring he will get his name and action group plastered all over the right wing blogosphere and the right wing media. And the right wing media fell for it hook line and sinker IMHO.

Right wing media, you have been played by a muslim idiot.

Which takes me back to the OP. HuffPo claimed that conservatives were "freaking out." I don't think that reporting on this march qualifies as freaking out. Is reporting news now "freaking out"?

Which takes me back to the OP. HuffPo claimed that conservatives were "freaking out." I don't think that reporting on this march qualifies as freaking out. Is reporting news now "freaking out"?

It seems to be PuffHo who is doing the 'freaking out'. The few Muslim marchers who arrive will probably attract more interested onlookers now, and more than a few bikers.

There is something as due diligence IMHO. Little things like, has a permit been obtained to march on the White House/use the mall. To transport one million muslims you will need buses, hotels, event security, a staging place.

Even the facebook page promoting this farce was taken down. This march will never take place and if there is a march, I doubt there will be a lot of protesters. Maybe less than 5,000. I even doubt they will pass the 1,000 mark. This is all a media stunt and Alam got exactly what he wanted, media attention.

There is something as due diligence IMHO. Little things like, has a permit been obtained to march on the White House/use the mall. To transport one million muslims you will need buses, hotels, event security, a staging place.

Even the facebook page promoting this farce was taken down. This march will never take place and if there is a march, I doubt there will be a lot of protesters. Maybe less than 5,000. I even doubt they will pass the 1,000 mark. This is all a media stunt and Alam got exactly what he wanted, media attention.

Media attention is not necessarily a positive thing. Certainly the bikers who plan to arrive, and any supporters who may join them, do not seem to be influenced by any positive media attention.

While this particular group is unsavory for its anti-Semetic agenda, we should not forget that American Muslims were attacked the same as everyone else and we should not marginalize any American citizens, regardless of their ethnicity or religion.

While this particular group is unsavory for its anti-Semetic agenda, we should not forget that American Muslims were attacked the same as everyone else and we should not marginalize any American citizens, regardless of their ethnicity or religion.

I doubt its the American Muslims attacked on 9/11 who will be doing the marching. Nobody is 'marginalizing' anyone, apart from those who preach hatreds.

There are a lot of other days that they can do the march. Doing it on 911 to complain about how they are treated is disrespectful. I don't talk about my problems to a person on the anniversary of their dead child. Classless.

I got pics\
Screen-Shot-2012-11-24-at-7.53.13-PM-620x439.png

So they have similar plans for Washington DC????

Anybody who can read the Huffpo and not conclude that they "freak out" over anything remotely conservative everyday is a little low on the reading comprehension scale and a little high on hyperbole.

Back
Top Bottom