• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Militia guy kills two. Justified?

Would things have been better if he left his gun at home?
Kyle should have stayed at home, everyone should have stayed at home IMO. There's nothing to riot about.

I will wait to see the evidence of what happened before issuing defense or condemnation of the man's actions.

We have detailed video footage of everything that happened. There's nothing to wait for.

Shooting engagement #1: The first victim (Rosenbaum ) was being belligerent, and overtly aggressive towards the now isolated Rittenhouse. Nervous, and unprepared for such a set of circumstances, Rittenhouse allowed himself to get cornered near the parked cars at the scene of the first shooting. There's no known video [at least at this time] of the interaction between Rosenbaum and Rittenhouse prior to the short foot chase towards the parked cars, so it's impossible to know the unarmed Rosenbaum's intentions in pursuing the armed Rittenhouse.

There's an eyewitness who stated that Rosenbaum tried to grab the rifle after he chased Rittenhouse and caught up with him. That is stated in the criminal complaint, so it's practically "law of the case." It also appears from the video that this witness was filming the encounter from close up. I wonder what happened to that video.

If I'm being generous, I'd lay the responsibility for the first shooting 50% - 50% on both parties (Rosenbaum and Rittenhouse). But, Rittenhouse ultimately made the decisions that created the scenario (wandering off on his own, getting cornered between parked cars, bringing the Rifle to the situation in the first place).

You seem to be assuming that Rittenhouse didn't have just as much right to be there as Rosenbaum. Wandering off on one's own is not provocation for an attack.

In the end though, even once Rittenhouse wandered off on his own, the two subsequent murders could've likely been avoided if he had properly used the rifle in the first place. If he had, once initially approached brought the rifle up to a shooting position and kept Rosenbaum in his sights, Rosenbaum likely would've backed down.

Similarly, when he was being pursued, if he had stood his ground, rather than turned his back to the people approaching him, he could've used the threat of the rifle to pause the situation ...

Rosenbaum was practically on top of him and reaching for his gun when he turned around, and a shot was fired behind him before he turned. In the second part of the incident, at least one of the other people pursuing him had a handgun, and if he had stopped, he could have been easily surrounded. So no, stopping to confront people was the worst thing he could have done for his own safety. What he did was try to run to the police. Unfortunately for 2 guys, he didn't quite make it.

Except that he wasn't shooting anyone. From what I've seen, mass shooters when presented with a plethora of targets shoot those targets rather than running down the road.

he also did not shoot someone who had been coming at him but then stopped-raised his hands and backed off. An active shooter would have taken out such an easy target

no, things will be more normal and sane.

so you are saying that the rioters and looters are trying to overturn the Trump election and if Biden wins, their phony BLM Nonsense will dissipate as will their antics?

so you are saying that the rioters and looters are trying to overturn the Trump election and if Biden wins, their phony BLM Nonsense will dissipate as will their antics?

no, i'm saying when we actually have a leader again things will be more normal and sane.

you Trump voters really hurt our country. it's time for the rest of us (including the military) to save you from yourselves.

no, i'm saying when we actually have a leader again things will be more normal and sane.

you Trump voters really hurt our country. it's time for the rest of us (including the military) to save you from yourselves.

Well maybe 2024 will be an election that offers up someone as a good choice to lead the nation because 2020 doesn't have that person.

you really are in no position to tell others what is best for them and even better, you are in no position to actually do that. the arrogance of that statement is only surpassed by how truly stupid it was

Well maybe 2024 will be an election that offers up someone as a good choice to lead the nation because 2020 doesn't have that person.

the ole "they're both the same" thing doesn't work on me (and anyone who can think).

you really are in no position to tell others what is best for them and even better, you are in no position to actually do that. the arrogance of that statement is only surpassed by how truly stupid it was

anyone that didn't vote for corrupt Trump (anyone who has a brain) most certainly has every right to hold you Trump voters accountable and to vote his ass out of DC (and say whatever we want).

it's you Trump voters who have no right to talk (if you have integrity that is). you've defended his massive corruption since he won the nomination.

anyone that didn't vote for corrupt Trump (anyone who has a brain) most certainly has every right to hold you Trump voters accountable and to vote his ass out of DC (and say whatever we want).

it's you Trump voters who have no right to talk (if you have integrity that is). you've defended his massive corruption since he won the nomination.

supporting Sniffy and pretending he is a better choice than Trump is hilarious

supporting Sniffy and pretending he is a better choice than Trump is hilarious

^ there you go guys. another "they're both the same" type argument (or worse).

it really is genius. without honor, integrity or truth but still genius.

the ole "they're both the same" thing doesn't work on me (and anyone who can think).

Of course it doesn’t work on someone who is all in for a certain candidate

Of course it doesn’t work on someone who is all in for a certain candidate

the "both sides are the same" thing is a huge cop out. not only is it statistically virtually impossible, it's always used by the most corrupt/unsuccessful people. sports fans use it all the time.

hell, it's been used by politicians/crooks/etc since the beginning of time. it's a big ole lie.

He will most likely walk on the serious charges

Column: Here’s why Kyle Rittenhouse, the teen shooting suspect in Kenosha killings, is likely to get off - Chicago Tribune

the article notes that his misdemeanor offense doesn't erase his right of self defense and he had a reasonable belief of suffering severe bodily harm. The anti gun writer predicts he will walk

Its unfortunate.. because thats not the law. Under the law.. the protestors.. had every reason to believe that THEY were going to suffer severe bodily harm.

You have a male in body armor..thats not a police man.. waving a gun around in the street. Any reasonable person could believe that they were about to be the victim of a mass shooting.

You don;t have the right of self defense when you threaten others.. and when they defend themselves.. claim "but but it was self defense".

Its unfortunate.. because thats not the law. Under the law.. the protestors.. had every reason to believe that THEY were going to suffer severe bodily harm.

You have a male in body armor..thats not a police man.. waving a gun around in the street. Any reasonable person could believe that they were about to be the victim of a mass shooting.

You don;t have the right of self defense when you threaten others.. and when they defend themselves.. claim "but but it was self defense".

What body armor? Where's the video of Kyle waving his gun wildly in the street, or acting aggressively at any time? If it happened, you'd think there'd be videos everywhere. I'm not going to just accept the perception of a biased witness as a fact when it contradicts all the video.

body armor? waving the gun? I will trust my understanding of the right of self defense over yours

What body armor? Where's the video of Kyle waving his gun wildly in the street, or acting aggressively at any time? If it happened, you'd think there'd be videos everywhere. I'm not going to just accept the perception of a biased witness as a fact when it contradicts all the video.

He is in tactical gear.. running down the street.. etc.

He is in tactical gear.. running down the street.. etc.
Ok, well get your eyes checked, and then stop posting misinformation. You aren't helping your case. He had a sling for the rifle. That's part of the rifle. He didn't have any tacticool gear. No extra mags in mag pouches, no plate carrier, no ballistic vest, no helmet or goggles, just a green t-shirt, blue jeans, cowboy boots, first aid pouch, medical gloves and rifle. That is barebones, not kitted up.

body armor? waving the gun? I will trust my understanding of the right of self defense over yours

Oh.. so you are saying then.. if I showed up on your street armed with a semiautomatic firearm, in tactical gear. walking around during curfew hours. when I had no business being there. You would be like "cool".. obviously this guy isn;t a potential threat".? Please. We all know you would see me as a threat.. and if I was to point my firearm at you or in any other way threaten or intimidate you.. you would react to defend yourself.

Please. Your right of self defense.. does not allow you to put yourself into a position to threaten and intimidate others and then claim self defense when they react in self defense.

Ok, well get your eyes checked, and then stop posting misinformation. You aren't helping your case. He had a sling for the rifle. That's part of the rifle. He didn't have any tacticool gear. No extra mags in mag pouches, no plate carrier, no ballistic vest, no helmet or goggles, just a green t-shirt, blue jeans, cowboy boots, first aid pouch, medical gloves and rifle. That is barebones, not kitted up.

He was kitted up wiht a medical gloves, first aid pouch.. and a semi automatic rifle during a curfew. Hey... but its not like any other mass shooter has looked like that....

Back
Top Bottom