• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Militia at the polling places

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
“If there is somebody who is, for example, holding a long gun and standing in front of a polling place and loitering there, and they’re not serving a purpose other than intimidating voters, that is a situation in which contacting law enforcement officers is appropriate and it would be appropriate for them to take action,” Kaul said. “So partly it depends on the circumstances.”

Attorney Lester Pines, who plans to be available to assist with potential legal issues arising on Election Day, said the presence of guns at polling places is inherently intimidating.

“Someone shows up armed and standing around, what’s their purpose? To protect people who aren’t asking for their protection?” he said. “No, it’s to intimidate them.”

Militias should be "of the people". Voters should be happy to see gun toting militia types, not be intimidated. Militias have a bad image and this is bad for gun ownership.

Some states have open carry gun laws. Does that mean you can stand out in front of a polling place with your AR15?

Here, if you have a gun at a polling place, you go to jail. It used to be a class 1 misdemeanor, but has since been reduced to a class 3 misdemeanor.

But that's still 30 days in the pokey.

Open carry of any firearm is illegal here. Only a handgun can legally be concealed with a permit.

The Leftists are going to look mighty stupid when nothing happens...lol

I will be openly carrying when I vote in person in my assigned voting district on Tuesday, November 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom