• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Military Support of Bush No Longer There

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A new poll of military personnel stationed in North Carolina shows that more than half no longer approve of Bush's job performance, nor do they approve of the way he is running his war. These people were once part of Bush's core supporters, and why shouldnt they desert Bush? After all, Bush deserted them while running his own personal petty war.

America is waking up.

Buh bye Bushneviks.

Article is here.

DAN my dear friend u could end up with an orange suit in CUBA haha, u never know,but u r right in what u say,**** that dummy, the AMERICAN PEOPLE have only 3 years to go. I am so sorry for u wonderfull poeple u deserve
better than the ****ing shite what u have to put up whith.

2000 good soldiers have died

my heart goes out to your

brave soldiers and there familys

verry sorry for them
mikeey

How does this= bye bye Bushneviks? All it means is that they were wrong and now they have changed their minds. We're still stuck with him.

FINN its okay u r a good fella thanks,i could ask any more than that.

god bless u my good friend

my kind regards to U

mikeey

Was this a scientific poll?

scottyz said:
Was this a scientific poll?

In so far as they polled some folks sitting at home in North Carolina during the day between Monday and Thursday and declared them representative of the entire military.

Read the link. It is semi amusing what people attempt to pass off as "facts" around here.

akyron said:
In so far as they polled some folks sitting at home in North Carolina during the day between Monday and Thursday and declared them representative of the entire military.

Read the link. It is semi amusing what people attempt to pass off as "facts" around here.
You must have read something other than the link provided? It clearly explains that 539 adults IN THE MILITARY were surveyed and that there is a margin of error of 4.3%.

Why do I believe that if the results were reversed you would be extolling it's grand results?

Bush is at an all-time low in terms of job approval, rivaling Nixon right before he was forced to resign. It is not surprising that people in the Military are expressing the same doubts that the rest of America have.

The people who defend our country are not sheep. They know how to think for themselves. While it is quite natural for them to have a stronger allegiance to the President since he is their CIC, there comes a time when even that "political capital" is spent too.

Seems to me that Bush was sticking out his cheast just 9 months ago claiming that his reelection provided him with "political capital" to get his agenda completed. 9 months later it now seems like he might be filing for "bankruptcy"? I wonder how the new bankruptcy law will effect him? :2funny:

26 X World Champs said:
You must have read something other than the link provided?

Yes. I took the time to read the actual Elon poll myself.

While D up there points to a secondhand link and tries to be representative of the entire military the Elon poll actually says "North Carolinians"

The +50 number includes ex-military and/or family members and is representative of people at home mon-thur in N.C.. Elon is forthcoming about their own methodology and is clear on this point.

"Military personnel were more likely to say the U.S. should still be in Iraq than the rest of the population. Fifty percent said the U.S. should still be in Iraq, with 41 percent of those with a military affiliation saying the U.S. should not be in Iraq."

Elon Poll

Doesnt really matter anyway.
A good statistician can make numbers do whatever he wants.

In any case the president certainly has an obvious pr problem among the current numerous issues.

Depending what happens with the Fitzgerald investigation, these numbers could rise and fall accordingly.

akyron said:
Yes. I took the time to read the actual Elon poll myself.

While D up there points to a secondhand link and tries to be representative of the entire military the Elon poll actually says "North Carolinians"

The +50 number includes ex-military and/or family members and is representative of people at home mon-thur in N.C.. Elon is forthcoming about their own methodology and is clear on this point.

"Military personnel were more likely to say the U.S. should still be in Iraq than the rest of the population. Fifty percent said the U.S. should still be in Iraq, with 41 percent of those with a military affiliation saying the U.S. should not be in Iraq."

Elon Poll

Doesnt really matter anyway.
A good statistician can make numbers do whatever he wants.

In any case the president certainly has an obvious pr problem among the current numerous issues.

Look down...

Attachments

• My guys 001.jpg
    My guys 001.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 14
26 X World Champs said:
You must have read something other than the link provided? It clearly explains that 539 adults IN THE MILITARY were surveyed and that there is a margin of error of 4.3%.

Why do I believe that if the results were reversed you would be extolling it's grand results?

Bush is at an all-time low in terms of job approval, rivaling Nixon right before he was forced to resign. It is not surprising that people in the Military are expressing the same doubts that the rest of America have.

The people who defend our country are not sheep. They know how to think for themselves. While it is quite natural for them to have a stronger allegiance to the President since he is their CIC, there comes a time when even that "political capital" is spent too.

Seems to me that Bush was sticking out his cheast just 9 months ago claiming that his reelection provided him with "political capital" to get his agenda completed. 9 months later it now seems like he might be filing for "bankruptcy"? I wonder how the new bankruptcy law will effect him? :2funny:

Oh my gosh, World Champs. You are hilarious! Not only did he have political capital but he had a "mandate." Bwahahahhahahaha

It's interesting to me how those who support Bush either attack or dismiss any poll that doesn't speak well for Bush. Come on, it's okay to acknowledge that Bush's approval rate is low right now. You can say you still support him, but to think that every single poll is a fake is indicative of you not facing reality. It's possible that these low ratings could be temporary. Don't pretend they are nonexistent.

How much more sh!t can the military take? Remember, they have the big guns. Maybe the generals at the Pentagon want someone else to give them orders...?

teacher said:
Look down...

Yes it is. First one that recognized that. You win the no-prize!

danarhea said:
A new poll of military personnel stationed in North Carolina shows that more than half no longer approve of Bush's job performance, nor do they approve of the way he is running his war. These people were once part of Bush's core supporters, and why shouldnt they desert Bush? After all, Bush deserted them while running his own personal petty war.

America is waking up.

Buh bye Bushneviks.

Article is here.

Huh huh huh he he, ..KEEP DREAMING IF you like! The military in vast numbers supports their president, & DESPISES the way the liberal media, & the senate democrats are characterizing the war in Iraq, & the way they characterize our servicemen as torturer's, & murderer's.

YOU are a comedian, & out of touch with reality...but then your liberal news media likes to create its own "Alernative news reality"!:smile:

I correspond with seven soldiers, sending them letters, care packages and cash once a week. Four are in Iraq, two are in Afghanistan (you know, that place lefties say we abandoned to fight in Iraq) and one here in the states. All seven firmly support the president, his war on terror and his agenda for spreading liberty and peace throughout the middle east.

Back
Top Bottom