• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Military Sours on Trump

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
You can't fool the troops.

The latest Military Times poll shows a continued decline in active-duty service members’ views of President Donald Trump and a slight but significant preference for former Vice President Joe Biden in the upcoming November election among troops surveyed.

The results, collected before the political conventions earlier this month, appear to undercut claims from the president that his support among military members is strong thanks to big defense budget increases in recent years and promised moves to draw down troops from overseas conflict zones.

But the Military Times Polls, surveying active-duty troops in partnership with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) at Syracuse University, have seen a steady drop in troops’ opinion of the commander in chief since his election four years ago.

In the latest results — based on 1,018 active-duty troops surveyed in late July and early August — nearly half of respondents (49.9 percent) had an unfavorable view of the president, compared to about 38 percent who had a favorable view. Questions in the poll had a margin of error of up to 2 percent.

No president in history has ever had nicer things to say about America’s enemies than Trump, just as no president has ever had nastier things to say about America’s friends.

General Mattis was an extremely popular leader in the Marines. He said Trump was trying to divide the country and “make a mockery of our Constitution.”

Admiral McRaven, former commander of Special Operations Command, wrote that "through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation."

And that was before we learned that Trump couldn't be bothered to react to the news that his friend Putin had paid a bounty to the Taliban to kill American troops.

MilitaryTrump.jpg

No president in history has ever had nicer things to say about America’s enemies than Trump, just as no president has ever had nastier things to say about America’s friends.

General Mattis was an extremely popular leader in the Marines. He said Trump was trying to divide the country and “make a mockery of our Constitution.”

Admiral McRaven, former commander of Special Operations Command, wrote that "through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation."

And that was before Trump couldn't be bothered to react to the news that his friend Putin had paid a bounty to the Taliban to kill American troops.

View attachment 67293623

Expect him to attack the use of absetee ballots even harder now.

I guess Trump shouldn't have ****-talked Mattis, right?

You have never been a “troop”, so you have no idea how wrong you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I thought. Aren't the troops typically the largest bloc of absentee voters? My guess would be them and elderly people.

I was a soldier, and **** Donald Trump. Right in the ear hole.

Trump hasn't exactly been a friend of the military. He's attacked the military and military personnel when they didn't match lock-step with him. He insulted all POWs while attacking McCain. Trump gives not one **** about our military and the courageous Americans committed to it.

Trump hasn't exactly been a friend of the military. He's attacked the military and military personnel when they didn't match lock-step with him. He insulted all POWs while attacking McCain. Trump gives not one **** about our military and the courageous Americans committed to it.

Yep. They're just as disposable to Trump as everyone else is.

Actually I'm a USMC Desert Storm veteran. Honorably served and honorably discharged.

Perhaps try some other personal smear that isn't wrong? I await your apology smallvoice.

Last edited:

Retired Navy Commander - Surface Warfare. So, who were you talking about, smallvoice? And how would someone's service or lack thereof have anything to do with the diminished support for Trump in the military, as documented by The Military Times?

And that was before we learned that Trump couldn't be bothered to react to the news that his friend Putin had paid a bounty to the Taliban to kill American troops.

View attachment 67293623

Interesting how you didn't mention Biden at all.

Actually I'm a USMC Desert Storm veteran. Honorably served and honorably discharged.

Perhaps try some other personal smear that isn't wrong? I await your apology smallvoice.

I don't think he has the intestinal fortitude to apologize.

View attachment 67293623

Where does the poll prove what you have alleged?

Does "a slight but significant preference" mean they "have soured" on DJT?

When were you last a troop? If you are not currently in then you don't know squat.

Interesting how you didn't mention Biden at all.

True, no need it is about trump and no one else. The Military is a cross-section of the American People and many People are against trump, meaning they will vote for Biden.

I don't think he has the intestinal fortitude to apologize.

I expect him to disappear from an apology like he will disappear after the election this year.

Wow! Talk about stepping in it. What the hell was that all about?

Exactly.

Very few troops like being ****ed with to do photo opps. Very few want to ****ed with to march in parades. I've never known any federal troops who have been ordered to face off against other Americans but I'm betting most do not and would not like it at all.

American troops are not dumb. They quickly lose respect for an officer who doesn't know what the hell he/she is doing. That includes a brash, mouthy, lunatic who doesn't know his hole from an ass in the ground.

When the CIC doesn't have your back and won't stand up for you and other Americans in uniform most will not support the CIC at the ballot box.

Last edited:

I don’t see the connection between expecting what DT will do and being in the service.

Where does the poll prove what you have alleged?
Does "a slight but significant preference" mean they "have soured" on DJT?

A picture is worth a thousand words:

MilitarySour.jpg

Like biting into a fresh lemon.

A slight but significant difference does not mean the military has soured on the president.

So they hated him all along? Even better.

And "slight"? Unfavorable to favorable among the officers is almost two-to-one. About as high as minorities.

I'm sure it didn't go over well with the troops in Afghanistan when their CIC never called out Putin's bounties on their heads.

Back
Top Bottom