• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Military Poll taken on Iraq is Garbage.....

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The so called poll that was taken about our military wanting to pull out of Iraq is garbage..........Listening to the Michael Medved show today it was revealed that no one can get any information about the Poll Takers that Zogby is citing and that the poll was financed by and anti war group........

Zogby was also discredited in the 2004 Presidential elections when he cited the exit polls had Kerry winning the election in a landslide...........

As soon as I can find a link or any other info on this I will post it.....

Navy Pride said:
The so called poll that was taken about our military wanting to pull out of Iraq is garbage..........Listening to the Michael Medved show today it was revealed that no one can get any information about the Poll Takers that Zogby is citing and that the poll was financed by and anti war group........

Zogby was also discredited in the 2004 Presidential elections when he cited the exit polls had Kerry winning the election in a landslide...........

As soon as I can find a link or any other info on this I will post it.....

I remember reading that it was conducted by a pacifist group from some Catholic university with "peace" as one of its primary objectives. I don't know much about the group, but that does seem a bit inappropriate for conducting polls of troops in a war.

What's wrong with wanting peace?

....and you base this on something Michael Medved said?.....oh...because he is so credible?

disneydude said:
....and you base this on something Michael Medved said?.....oh...because he is so credible?

You've only been here a short while, so you get a free pass, but you're learning.:rofl

This poll is just absurd. The results may have been believable a few years back, but not now.

As far as i can see there is no information on the questions or any sort of demographics.

Just more anti bush propaganda.

jfuh said:
What's wrong with wanting peace?

Nothing, but that's a clear conflict of interest when it comes to polling soldiers' attitudes toward the war in Iraq.

Navy Pride is actually right for once; Zogby's polls are not to be trusted because they are often funded by groups with questionable allegiance to the truth.

Repeating my post on the topic from the other thread...

Many people have not had an opportunity to read the actual questions asked of our troops in the Zogby poll and have nothing to base an opinion on other than Zogby's reputation. John Zobgy consented to an interview on Hugh Hewitt's radio show to discuss the poll. It became quite contentious, with Zogby eventually hanging up on Hewitt. After further negotiations, Zogby did provide the poll questions and demographics.

They can be read at Hewitt's blog, here.

There is also a downloadable pdf file for added convenience.

It is interesting reading. Those who criticize Zogby's polls as being structured to assist those who paid for the poll might well have a point. But please go read it and decide for yourself.

oldreliable67 said:
Repeating my post on the topic from the other thread...

Many people have not had an opportunity to read the actual questions asked of our troops in the Zogby poll and have nothing to base an opinion on other than Zogby's reputation. John Zobgy consented to an interview on Hugh Hewitt's radio show to discuss the poll. It became quite contentious, with Zogby eventually hanging up on Hewitt. After further negotiations, Zogby did provide the poll questions and demographics.

They can be read at Hewitt's blog, here.

There is also a downloadable pdf file for added convenience.

It is interesting reading. Those who criticize Zogby's polls as being structured to assist those who paid for the poll might well have a point. But please go read it and decide for yourself.

Thanks my friend, that pretty much explains what a fraud that poll is......

Back
Top Bottom