• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Military Memes and Jokes

fb_img_1640023755893-jpg.67365383

Technically, 2003 to 2005, at Wiesbaden AAF.

But I was in Iraq with 1st Armored Div from Dec 03 to Jul 04.

I just saw this!! I was in Weisbaden over at the now defunct Lindsay Air Station from 87-89

Technically, 2003 to 2005, at Wiesbaden AAF.

But I was in Iraq with 1st Armored Div from Dec 03 to Jul 04.
I RIP'd with ya'll in '04 with 1st Cav

Been there. Done that.
My Sr year of college I had an ROTC FTX on Sat/Sun. I had to be there by 6am and my school van was scheduled to leave to take me there by 5am.

Well…naturally on a Friday night my friends wanted to drink. I planned on just having a few then heading to bed. Ended up having quite a bit more than that and soon enough it was 4am and I was pretty trashed. Sobered up during the van drive there and spent most of Sat hung over freezing my ass off in the field.

0/10 experience.

Wait a second, that doesn't sound very ballin at all. What gives?

The NCAA is an evil, farcical cartel. NIL tipped the balance a little bit, but you can't tell me that it's OK that the highest paid public employee in damn near every state is a football or basketball coach and so many of our universities are football and basketball factories that teach classes on the side.

Also pro sports are just superior to college sports in general. Personally can't watch a like of CFB or college basketball it's so damn cringe.

The NCAA is an evil, farcical cartel. NIL tipped the balance a little bit, but you can't tell me that it's OK that the highest paid public employee in damn near every state is a football or basketball coach and so many of our universities are football and basketball factories that teach classes on the side.

Also pro sports are just superior to college sports in general. Personally can't watch a like of CFB or college basketball it's so damn cringe.
I don't think college sports are terrible, they just need to uncouple them from academics, and just pay the athletes. They can still go for degrees, if they want, but the standards would be actual standards and they wouldn't make up classes just to keep athletes eligible.

So far as pay...I don' think that's a legit point as the ones that get paid that much make more money from their teams. The big college teams make more $$ than NFL teams. It also helps develop athletes to reach pro-levels. Very few can go straight into pros from high school, though there shouldn't be rules stopping it, if they can.

Back
Top Bottom