• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MILITARY JUDGE says evidence could be an "EMBARRASSMENT" to BHO!

Do you believe it is OK that this officer is denied his right to defend himself?

• Yes, what happened is a travesty.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

I was under the impression Obama had cleared this up; obviously not.

Embarrassment to a president or anyone is not grounds for denying a defendant the right to mount a defense; especially when the code says he can garner whatever evidence necessary.

Whether you are a Birther or not... this stinks.

Is Lakin’s court-martial an American ‘Dreyfus affair’? | Alan Keyes is Loyal to Liberty
she (Judge Lind) has denied Lt. Col Lakin “the right to obtain potentially exculpatory evidence” for use in the Court Martial proceedings brought against him on the charge of refusing to obey lawful orders from the military chain of command until the issue of Barack Obama’s eligibility for the Office of President has been investigated and resolved by the decision of a properly constitutional authority.

It’s marvelous that a supposedly competent legal officer of the United States military could cram so much prejudicial nonsense into so few words. She refers to Obama as president. But because, among other things, of her own action, his status as president is, as the lawyers might say, a fact not in evidence. If he is in fact not constitutionally eligible for the office, then he is not president. If he is not in fact constitutionally eligible, then no lawful authority emanates from him to the military chain of command. Therefore, Lt.Col Lakin is not guilty of the charge against him. Judge Lind’s language is prima facie evidence of prejudice, and she should either recuse herself or be removed from the case.

She suggests that the evidence might be embarrassing to Obama. Since when is the embarrassment that may attend the discovery that a public official has sworn or acted dishonestly a lawful reason to suppress evidence tending to establish his official malfeasance? Since when does the mere possibility of such official embarrassment justify suppressing the constitutional rights of a person accused of a serious crime and liable, upon conviction, to onerous punishment?

Judge Lind’s words appear at the very least, prejudicial. However, they may also raise the possibility of serious malfeasance on her part.

Last edited:
Do you believe it is OK that this officer is denied his right to defend himself?

I was under the impression Obama had cleared this up; obviously not.

Embarrassment to a president or anyone is not grounds for denying a defendant the right to mount a defense; especially when the code says he can garner whatever evidence necessary.

Whether you are a Birther or not... this stinks.

http://loyaltoliberty.com/WordPress/2010/09/is-lakins-court-martial-an-american-dreyfus-affair/

she (Judge Lind) has denied Lt. Col Lakin “the right to obtain potentially exculpatory evidence” for use in the Court Martial proceedings brought against him on the charge of refusing to obey lawful orders from the military chain of command until the issue of Barack Obama’s eligibility for the Office of President has been investigated and resolved by the decision of a properly constitutional authority.

It’s marvelous that a supposedly competent legal officer of the United States military could cram so much prejudicial nonsense into so few words. She refers to Obama as president. But because, among other things, of her own action, his status as president is, as the lawyers might say, a fact not in evidence. If he is in fact not constitutionally eligible for the office, then he is not president. If he is not in fact constitutionally eligible, then no lawful authority emanates from him to the military chain of command. Therefore, Lt.Col Lakin is not guilty of the charge against him. Judge Lind’s language is prima facie evidence of prejudice, and she should either recuse herself or be removed from the case.

She suggests that the evidence might be embarrassing to Obama. Since when is the embarrassment that may attend the discovery that a public official has sworn or acted dishonestly a lawful reason to suppress evidence tending to establish his official malfeasance? Since when does the mere possibility of such official embarrassment justify suppressing the constitutional rights of a person accused of a serious crime and liable, upon conviction, to onerous punishment?

Judge Lind’s words appear at the very least, prejudicial. However, they may also raise the possibility of serious malfeasance on her part.

Last edited:
The court has the right to dismiss allegations that in its view are wholly ridiculous. So if I charged you of being a mind-eating green alien from Mars, the court has the right to say that allegation is too ridiculous to even be heard by the court. The same idea is in play here. The court also has the right to refuse to hear allegations that are beyond its jurisdiction, a military court could easily view the question of Obama's citizenship as beyond its jurisdiction.

And on top of all that its a simple fact that the "birther" movement is simply a conspiracy with no foundation in reality what-so-ever, and those who refuse to accept that are equally detached from reality.

Never claimed to be a birther, and haven't followed it too closely, but this isn't quite a green eggs and ham from outer space situation.

The defendant should be able to mount a defense. Obama isn't from Mars, and if his citizenship isn't clear or cleared up... it should be.

I for one thought Obama had cleared this up... but it seems not. And if not, this is pretty fundamental to the eligibility of a candidate; and as a matter of election law, the candidate should have to prove he is a US citizen. Sounds bizarre, but this situation shouldn't be repeated... and if politicians have us jumping through hoops all our lives, the least they can do is prove they are US citizens, born in the US or on a US military installation when applying to run for president.

Last edited:
and if his citizenship isn't clear or cleared up... it should be.

Obama had cleared this up... but it seems not.

the candidate should have to prove he is a US citizen. Sounds bizarre, but this situation shouldn't be repeated... and if politicians have us jumping through hoops all our lives, the least they can do is prove they are US citizens, born in the US or on a US military installation when applying to run for president.

How much clearer do you want it?

obama-birth-certificate.jpg

Or is it that you don't care how clear it is?

So, this a blogger's take on a WND interview with a birther judge?

hohum

Last edited:
What the hell is a "birther?" Some silly European called me that the other day. I thought he was calling me a woman.

What the hell is a "birther?" Some silly European called me that the other day. I thought he was calling me a woman.

Urban Dictionary: birther
A conspiracy theorist who believes that Barack Obama is ineligible for the Presidency of the United States, based on any number of claims related to his place of birth, birth certificate...​

Urban Dictionary: birther
A conspiracy theorist who believes that Barack Obama is ineligible for the Presidency of the United States, based on any number of claims related to his place of birth, birth certificate...​

Yeah, Kelzie just enlightened me. Considering that Obama wasn't even a subject on the thread, my accuser must have just been stereotyping me. Or he was confused on the term as well.

Last edited:

If he was gay, he was probably calling you a "breeder" which is a derogatory term that homosexual people use for heterosexual people they don't like.

1 - That is NOT a birth certificate
2 - You can get those for a number of years AFTER birth, and doesn't prove anything... his mothers passport could have worked, because it could be determined where she was at the time of his birth... none of these things has been proven.

I blame the liberals, not getting this all settled BEFORE the primaries... but whatever the truth of the matter is, why would Obama make SUCH a BIG DEAL about hiding all the truth about himself??? I mean, it's like they say, if he's got nothing to hide, why is he hiding it?? It's a central issue, yet it's still a distraction.

If he was gay, he was probably calling you a "breeder" which is a derogatory term that homosexual people use for heterosexual people they don't like.

Gay? I don't think so. I think he is French though.

Last edited:
2 - You can get those for a number of years AFTER birth, and doesn't prove anything... his mothers passport could have worked, because it could be determined where she was at the time of his birth... none of these things has been proven.

I blame the liberals, not getting this all settled BEFORE the primaries... but whatever the truth of the matter is, why would Obama make SUCH a BIG DEAL about hiding all the truth about himself??? I mean, it's like they say, if he's got nothing to hide, why is he hiding it?? It's a central issue, yet it's still a distraction.

I agree. Is there honestly anything in his actual birth certificate that will cause him any problems? They say where there's smoke there's fire, but the smoke can't necessarily tell you what you want to know about the fire. It doesn't even make a difference where he was born so long as he was born to a U.S. citizen that has lived in the U.S. continuously for at least five years with two after the age of 14. So all a legitimate birth certificate really has to say is that his mother is his mother and he's golden.

Also used by those who choose to remain childless against those who choose to procreate.

He disobeyed an order and missed movement. He just didn't want to deploy and this "birther" crap was his excuse.

That is a birth certificate. Different jurisdictions may use different terminology to name them but that is a birth certificate.

In Hawaii, a birth certificate is labeled a certificate of live birth, they are for all legal and practical purposes the exact same thing. And I mean quite literally the same thing, there is no difference between this and any other birth certificate from any other state.
And no you can't get one years after a birth.

You're fact checking rates in the negatives...

That is what Hawaii sends you though when you ask for a Birth Certificate.

There is more information on that thing then there is on the Birth Certificate I use to prove my Citizenship, and no one doubt me.

I blame the liberals, not getting this all settled BEFORE the primaries

Ooh, excellent point! Because while the Repubs were doing their dead level best to take his ass out, why didn't they discover this alleged travesty?!

Read the very bottom of that alleged "certification of live birth".... see what it says? Do you see an alteration of that alleged document? Can you get a passport using an alleged document that you posted online? Do you know what "prima facie evidence" is?
Do you know what photoshop is?

Clear????? do you know the meaning of clear?

This one is just as valid, has been legally attested to as real, and has been sent to every member of Congress along with documentation as to it's authenticity..... we'll see where that goes in the coming months. :lamo

lucassmithkenyabirthcertificate.jpg

Hey, look at that...... a sig from a real doctor, time and place of birth, and the kicker.... a foot print that is just as good as a finger print.

I agree. Is there honestly anything in his actual birth certificate that will cause him any problems? They say where there's smoke there's fire, but the smoke can't necessarily tell you what you want to know about the fire. It doesn't even make a difference where he was born so long as he was born to a U.S. citizen that has lived in the U.S. continuously for at least five years with two after the age of 14. So all a legitimate birth certificate really has to say is that his mother is his mother and he's golden.

Not true.....

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock
A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) INA provided the citizen parent was physically present in the U.S. for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child’s birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.

Acquisition of a U.S. Citizenship By a child born abroad

Barry's mom was 18 when Barry was born...... add 14 +5, see what age you get.

In Hawaii, a birth certificate is labeled a certificate of live birth, they are for all legal and practical purposes the exact same thing. And I mean quite literally the same thing, there is no difference between this and any other birth certificate from any other state.
And no you can't get one years after a birth.

You're fact checking rates in the negatives...

In Hawaii there are long form birth certificates, or a certificate of live birth, and for those that don't have any witnesses to the birth or the birth was out of State, they have certification of live birth..... look at the posted JPG again and tell me what you see. Also look at the lower left corner and tell me if that "COLB" was accepted or filed by the registrar.

Here is a "certificate of live birth" also known as a long form birth certificate...... see the difference? Also look at line 20..... it was accepted, not just filed.

longform.jpg

Back
Top Bottom