• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Military flyovers greet oldest living American WWII veteran on 111th birthday

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Think of all the time and money that it costs to do something so superficial... jet fuel, pilot and groundskeeper pay, flight plans logged... not to mention adding to global warming and pollution.

Think of all the time and money that it costs to do something so superficial... jet fuel, pilot and groundskeeper pay, flight plans logged... not to mention adding to global warming and pollution.

All donated....the flyovers were conducted by civilian volunteer groups, and no jets involved.

That is a cool story, good to see something like this every so often. Especially for an 111 year old WWII vet.

All donated....the flyovers were conducted by civilian volunteer groups, and no jets involved.

Think of how many homeless kids they could have helped with the money and time spent... and there is still the pollution.

That is a cool story, good to see something like this every so often. Especially for an 111 year old WWII vet.

They are lucky he didn't have a heart attack because of it...

What is wrong with you? It was probably a wonderful gesture that made the day for him.

What is wrong with you? It was probably a wonderful gesture that made the day for him.

A card with a $50 gift card to Dave and Busters is a nice gesture... a fly over is a waste of time and money that could be better spent.

Think of how many homeless kids they could have helped with the money and time spent... and there is still the pollution.

Planned Parenthood could have used that money too.Think how many wombless kids they could have helped.

Planned Parenthood could have used that money too.Think how many wombless kids they could have helped.

What is a wombless kid?

Their planes, their fuel their choice......you should write them a letter. :peace

A card with a $50 gift card to Dave and Busters is a nice gesture... a fly over is a waste of time and money that could be better spent.

Fish biting today?

I am. That is the point.

I'll just cite the rule that when a person relocates from California to New Zealand the IQ average in each place increases.

It's called the Muldoon Rule or so I heard some time ago while Muldoon was prime minister of NZ and was asked about migration from NZ to Australia, it's what he said about that in particular. In other words of course it's New Zealand's gain and Australia's burden.

It's not a universal rule however as it can only apply when NZ is involved with one other country and it's about migration. I'm sure you get it.

Which brings us back to the WW II veteran on his 111th birthday and the volunteer flyover by private citizens of his community in the USA who footed the whole of the grateful thank you to the WW II generation that New Zealanders would be pleased about if they knew it occurred, apart from finding out here about it and being an ingrate. A boldfaced one besides. And aggressive as all hell against it.

I'll just cite the rule that when a person relocates from California to New Zealand the IQ average in each place increases.

It's called the Muldoon Rule or so I heard some time ago while Muldoon was prime minister of NZ and was asked about migration from NZ to Australia, it's what he said about that in particular. In other words of course it's New Zealand's gain and Australia's burden.

It's not a universal rule however as it can only apply when NZ is involved with one other country and it's about migration. I'm sure you get it.

Which brings us back to the WW II veteran on his 111th birthday and the volunteer flyover by private citizens of his community in the USA who footed the whole of the grateful thank you to the WW II generation that New Zealanders would be pleased about if they knew it occurred, apart from finding out here about it and being an ingrate. A boldfaced one besides. And aggressive as all hell against it.

Sounds pretty stupid...

Really cool.

Back
Top Bottom