• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Military equipment/vehicle/weaponry fantasy wishlist

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
No holds bar

If you could have any (guns, tanks, jets, etc) currently used, prototype, or no longer being used piece of military hardware, what would it be?

No holds bar

If you could have any (guns, tanks, jets, etc) currently used, prototype, or no longer being used piece of military hardware, what would it be?

A-10 Warthog.

interesting choice...I'm assuming it's for the gun? or does its appearance appeal to you?
It's a formidable platform for close-air-support.

Virtually every military ground commander would love to have what I call the Terrible Triad at their disposal... A-10 Warthogs, UAVs armed with Hellfire's, and the AC-130 Spectre/Spooky gunships.

Virtually every military ground commander would love to have what I call the Terrible Triad at their disposal... A-10 Warthogs, UAVs armed with Hellfire's, and the AC-130 Spectre/Spooky gunships.

Tashah, I'll assume those are your picks. I like the inclusion of the Spectre gunships.

As a Close-Air-Support Officer (CASO), they are my picks indeed.

are you in the IDF?

I like planes, but in so far as things that fly I prefer fighters; I think I heart the new F-35 the Marines are getting.

Still can't put together my wish list.

No holds bar

I'm a Soviet era weapon junkie.

Machine_gun_DP_MON.jpg

DPM is on my wish list, you can buy them in semi auto but they are pricey.
My favorite caliber is 7.62X54.

1900-1.jpg

One of the best rifles ever made was the Schmidt Rubin.
It's on my wish list as well.

M38_Mosin.JPG

Another Soviet weapon.
The Mosin Nagant is an awesome piece of reliable hardware.
Still a shooter at 60+ years old.

It's because everything about that plane is awesome.

I really can't argue with that. That is one serious aircraft.

Let's see...

Small arms: Selective fire A4, with the ACOG or Reflex sights, and a Surefire light mounted. No to the forestock, I don't like 'em.

Light support weapons: One of those new grenade launchers with the five-round rotating cylinder mag woiuld be cool. I forget the name/designation. Indirect fire capacity = good. A SAW would be awesome too.

Supporting Indirect fire: A mid-range mortar battery. :) Those Metalstorm multibarrel versions are intresting... I haven't checked lately to see how that prototype stuff is coming along.

Air support: well, I can't argue with the A10 Warthog, but if I had my wish I'd go with Tashah's Triad.

Antique weaponry: A "long rifle", black powder muzzle-loader. Flintlock, not percussion-cap. Traditional, not in-line. Set-trigger. Handmade with the fancy brass fittings. I got to shoot one belonging to a bud once... way cool. A wheellock pistol. Gatling gun.
A spanish cup-hilted rapier with matching main-gauche dagger. A German greatsword with ball-pommel, and a matching set of early-Renaissance-era light field plate. A two-handed warhammer, the kind with the armor-piercing pick... or perhaps a hauberk of riveted maille with coif. :mrgreen:

No holds bar

I'm buying my son a Remington 700 SPS Tactical for high school graduation. He's going to have so much fun. :cool:

spst6.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to roast people like marshmallows:

flamethrower.jpg

Wouldn't the AC-130 make the A-10 kinda unnecessary? For pure close air support, it should be superior and allow you to replace the A-10 with a better bomber.

Back
Top Bottom