• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Miley Cyrus's Parents File For Divorce

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Well now THIS actually surprised me!

The superstar Cyrus clan has been undergoing some drastic changes over the course of this year. First, Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus wrapped production on the final season of Disney's fantastically successful Hannah Montana TV series. Second, Miley decided to make over her cute teen-girl image into a racier new persona. Third, Billy Ray changed a bit, himself--he took a turn away from his established country music career to record a more rock-oriented album (under the name Brother Clyde).

And now, sadly, another family institution is crumbling: Namely, Billy Ray and wife Tish Cyrus's 17-year marriage. According to People, the couple filed divorce documents on Wednesday, citing irreconcilable differences.
"As you can imagine, this is a very difficult time for our family," the pair said in a joint statement. "We are trying to work through some personal matters. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers."
The Cyruses have been married for 17 years, have five children (the eldest two of which are biologically Tish's only; later adopted by Billy Ray), and have generally appeared as a stable couple by Hollywood/Nashville standards, making their separation all the more surprising.

In her 2009 autobiography Miles To Go, Miley Cyrus described her parents as "homebodies" who rarely entertained or went to parties, preferring family time instead. "They liked to be with each other and us," she noted.
In the meantime, it's unclear how the divorce will affect the professional dynamic of the family, which has a history of collaborative projects. Currently, Billy Ray and adopted son Trace Cyrus are inked to work together for an upcoming reality series on the SyFy Network.

Are you shocked to hear about the Cyrus's breakup? What do you think may have contributed to it? Be sure to let me know your thoughts.

Why on earth are we supposed to care about this?

Why on earth are we supposed to care about this?

It's the "E" Network mentality. We are supposed to care about celebrities.

I guess now they will both have achey breakey hearts.... :vomit:

It's just the relationship life cycle of Hollywood. He's a celebrity, and she's old. He'll be with a 21 year old within 3 months.

I think Taylor Swift is single.

It's just the relationship life cycle of Hollywood. He's a celebrity, and she's old. He'll be with a 21 year old within 3 months.

I think Taylor Swift is single.

nah...they're from the south. picture him hookin up with Miley.

Back
Top Bottom