• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mike Tyson's Punch

Oh I don't know about anyone being faster particularly when he was young, his hands in the Olympics were unreal.

And the only reason sugar Ray lost the first Duran fight was that duran flipped off his wife and kids before the fight, sugar Ray got pissed and went toe to toe with Duran rather than fighting his fight.

We saw just what he was capable of in the no mas right...

The no mas fight was hardly a whopping, it was actually boring'
I think the scores were 66-67 with Leonard slightly ahead.
Duran was the man, going up in weight he beat Leonard silly then Leonard danced around in the rematch
instead of fighting toe to toe. I never said Duran was bright & he made a dumb move quitting a winnable fight
because of his frustration. He wasn't as great as a welterweight as his was as a lightweight where he was almost
invincible.

About speed of fighters. As I see it Leonard was fast but it's obvious that guys like Roy Jones, , Meldrick Taylor
and a few others were faster in their prime. Manny Pacquiao was fast in his flurries and had very quick punches
but the former guys had out of this world speed. Prince Naseem & Leonard have to be honorable mention. Same with Kid Gavilan.

Jones for sure had incredible speed, especially with his single punches. Sugar Ray Robinson had faster combinations so Jones
had single punch speed and Robinson combo speed and these are among the quickest in history.

I saw him fight twice against Little Red Lopez, once against the great Azumah Nelson & his greatest victory a KO beating
of Wilfredo Gomez. Going into the Gomez fight Gomez Sanchez was the underdog. Gomez a great fighter himself was 30 wins
0 losses with 30 KO's when he challenged Sanchez for the featherweight title.

Sanchez is not given the credit he deserved perhaps because he was killed driving his Porsche 928 a little too fast.
An article about Sanchez crash & his great career is worthwhile reading:
SANCHEZ KILLED IN AUTO ACCIDENT - The New York Times

I forgot about wilfredo too. There were so many really good fighters back then in the lighter weights which I enjoyed to no end.

The no mas fight was hardly a whopping, it was actually boring'
I think the scores were 66-67 with Leonard slightly ahead.
Duran was the man, going up in weight he beat Leonard silly then Leonard danced around in the rematch
instead of fighting toe to toe. I never said Duran was bright & he made a dumb move quitting a winnable fight
because of his frustration. He wasn't as great as a welterweight as his was as a lightweight where he was almost
invincible.

About speed of fighters. As I see it Leonard was fast but it's obvious that guys like Roy Jones, , Meldrick Taylor
and a few others were faster in their prime. Manny Pacquiao was fast in his flurries and had very quick punches
but the former guys had out of this world speed. Prince Naseem & Leonard have to be honorable mention. Same with Kid Gavilan.

Jones for sure had incredible speed, especially with his single punches. Sugar Ray Robinson had faster combinations so Jones
had single punch speed and Robinson combo speed and these are among the quickest in history.

All true but getting back to the thread title, tyson was an absolute beast in the ring and in my opinion, before he was corrupted, he was the greatest.

Back
Top Bottom