• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mike Pence Versus Joe Biden

If Trump Resigned, who would you vote for in November?

• Mike Pence (Republican)

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Joe Biden (Democrat)

Votes: 53 62.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I would not vote

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is your response???!!!! Some twilight zone musings that are based on nothing????

What I gave you is REALITY under Trump. And the response by the USA and the economic fallout is very very very much tied to Trump.

You said the same occurred under Obama as President. Lets see the evidence of your claim.

Show us the same harm under Obama.
So you do not have any evidence about how the pandemic would have unfolded under someone else's leadership?

A libertarian vote is a wasted vote. Libertarianism is a fantasy indulged in mostly by those who debate on the internet in order to make 'irrefutable" points. It is s stillborn political ideology.

Your attitude is the reason why America has gone down a dark path. A 2 party duopoloy is bad and must be taken down.

More likely that Biden would withdraw from the race or be unable to continue.
Biden is in a steep mental decline. There is no way he could function as the
president of the United States.

Pleeeeease!

LYRgTyn.gif

Actually, While I voted fro Trump, and will likely do so again, it will not be a easy task.
I think someone like Pence would be a breath of fresh air.
Peoples hatred of Trump, is limiting how effective he can be.

If you want another incompetent and not too bright, vote for Pence. People in his own party were not impressed here in Indiana to the tune he probably would not have won reelection as governor.

And then there's the phony sanctimonious religious schtick that makes him sound like some televangelist.

If the choice is Pence or Biden....definitely Pence as Biden is so eaten up with dementia he is not competent to run a two hole outhouse much less a country.

Such hyper partisan hyperbole could be the only reason to believe this lie.

So you do not have any evidence about how the pandemic would have unfolded under someone else's leadership?

I deal in reality - not twilight zone speculative fantasy.

If you want another incompetent and not too bright, vote for Pence. People in his own party were not impressed here in Indiana to the tune he probably would not have won reelection as governor.

And then there's the phony sanctimonious religious schtick that makes him sound like some televangelist.
I agree that we need better choices, but were the choice ether Trump or Pence vs Biden, I would have to go with Trump or Pence.
I do not think Biden is a bad guy, but he represents an ideology in American politics that basically says,
" You poor unwashed masses, are not smart enough to make your own decisions, let us, the enlightened, make those decisions for you!"
It is the new progressive man's burden!

I deal in reality - not twilight zone speculative fantasy.
Yet your reality is twilight zone speculative fantasy, because you are comparing something (Trump's actions on Covid-19)
to nothing, as no other leader has had to deal with a similar pandemic in the US in almost a century.

Yet your reality is twilight zone speculative fantasy, because you are comparing something (Trump's actions on Covid-19)
to nothing, as no other leader has had to deal with a similar pandemic in the US in almost a century.

That makes no sense on any level as a rational reply to my post.

That makes no sense on any level as a rational reply to my post.
Sure it does! Name the person you are comparing Trump's Covid-19 response to?

Sure it does! Name the person you are comparing Trump's Covid-19 response to?

Here is what you do not get - the only person who can evaluated for his response to cover is Donald Trump. Pretending that you can compare his REAL WORLD RECORD with somebody else who does not a real world record as US President during the cover pandemic is whack job nonsense.

If Trump stepped down later today and Mike Pence became President, would you vote for Mike Pence or Joe Biden in November? Would it change how you vote or would your vote be the same? Do you think having Pence run instead of Trump this would be better or worse for the Republican Party, or for the country?

I'm not saying this would happen, as no-one can really predict what Trump is going to do. But I'm still curious to see if it could really swing the result. Some Republicans would obviously be very angry they can't vote for Trump, whilst Moderates might reconsider voting Republican if they were running Pence instead of Trump.

View attachment 67285695

Mike Pence in many ways is an even more despicable human being than Trump is. He knows that Trump is completely unfit for office. Yet he enables him and says nothing. He is the ultimate opportunist. In fact, he lies for him. The man has not a shred of dignity. Indeed, he obviously cares nothing at all for this country. Everyone that has enabled Trump and stood by and said nothing should bear that shame for the rest of their life.

Here is what you do not get - the only person who can evaluated for his response to cover is Donald Trump. Pretending that you can compare his REAL WORLD RECORD with somebody else who does not a real world record as US President during the cover pandemic is whack job nonsense.
It is your comparison, and I agree it is whack job nonsense, for you to claim Trump did better or worse than someone that does not exists.

It is your comparison, and I agree it is whack job nonsense, for you to claim Trump did better or worse than someone that does not exists.

Again, your post makes no rational sense as any sort of rational reply to what I posted.

You got off on this fantasy tangent when you were impotent to back up your own claim

Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
Yes, and we suffered for 8 years under Obama! If we survived that, We can survive Trump, even if he wins a second term.

Still waiting for that list and the evidence to support it.

Again, your post makes no rational sense as any sort of rational reply to what I posted.

You got off on this fantasy tangent when you were impotent to back up your own claim

Still waiting for that list and the evidence to support it.

Let's check?
Post #115 you said,
"I have seen the heartbreak of over 127,000 innocent people die under Trumps watch. I have seen tens and tens of millions lose their jobs under Trumps watch. I have watched as myself and hundreds of millions of American are confined to their homes 90% of their waking hours. I have watched as Trump invited Russia to get involve in our elections and had over a hundred contacts between the parties.

Are those the things you experienced under Obama and his administration? "

You were implying that were someone else on "watch" the outcome would have been different, when in reality, you have no such basis for
such a comparison! It is only your opinion that the outcome would have been different!

Misread the poll, guess I need more coffee :lol:, I'd vote 3rd party still but I do think Pence would probably win if he were running instead of Trump.

Last I checked this thread's poll, Biden led Pence 2:1.

Viva the Anti-Trumper Movement! Make America Great Again! Vote 2020! Dump Trump!

Last I checked this thread's poll, Biden led Pence 2:1.

Viva the Anti-Trumper Movement! Make America Great Again! Vote 2020! Dump Trump!

Based on the poll, it does looks like Pence would lose no matter what at this point.

I agree that we need better choices, but were the choice ether Trump or Pence vs Biden, I would have to go with Trump or Pence.
I do not think Biden is a bad guy, but he represents an ideology in American politics that basically says,
" You poor unwashed masses, are not smart enough to make your own decisions, let us, the enlightened, make those decisions for you!"
It is the new progressive man's burden!

What you just described are the beliefs of our forefathers hence why we are not technically a democracy but a representative republic.

What you just described are the beliefs of our forefathers hence why we are not technically a democracy but a representative republic.
Not really! we are a representative republic, in an attempt to avoid the pitfalls of a true democracy.
While many of the founding fathers were aristocrats, I do not see as much contempt for the common man as what
is observed in the modern democratic party and progressive ideologies.

Let's check?
Post #115 you said,
"I have seen the heartbreak of over 127,000 innocent people die under Trumps watch. I have seen tens and tens of millions lose their jobs under Trumps watch. I have watched as myself and hundreds of millions of American are confined to their homes 90% of their waking hours. I have watched as Trump invited Russia to get involve in our elections and had over a hundred contacts between the parties.

Are those the things you experienced under Obama and his administration? "

You were implying that were someone else on "watch" the outcome would have been different, when in reality, you have no such basis for
such a comparison! It is only your opinion that the outcome would have been different!

The implication was in your brain. I gave you hard cold facts that have been under the Trump administration.

You said it was the suffering was something you and the nation experienced under Obama

Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
Yes, and we suffered for 8 years under Obama! If we survived that, We can survive Trump, even if he wins a second term.

- and you still have been impotent to show anything that happened under Obama that rivals the abysmal failure of Trump.

The implication was in your brain. I gave you hard cold facts that have been under the Trump administration.

You said it was the suffering was something you and the nation experienced under Obama

- and you still have been impotent to show anything that happened under Obama that rivals the abysmal failure of Trump.
TDS on display!

TDS on display!

What you mistakenly mislabel as TDS is actually American patriotism.

True TDS are the deplorable, toadies, right wingers, and sycophants who enable and excuse every travesty and horror from their little wanna-be dictator. Trump spews diarrhea from his lips and people with TDS want to pretend it is fine Swiss chocolate.

What you mistakenly mislabel as TDS is actually American patriotism.

True TDS are the deplorable, toadies, right wingers, and sycophants who enable and excuse every travesty and horror from their little wanna-be dictator. Trump spews diarrhea from his lips and people with TDS want to pretend it is fine Swiss chocolate.
And yet you continue with your meaningless comparison against nothing!

Back
Top Bottom