• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mike Pence to Blame for Jussie Smollett 'Attack', says Hollywood Actress on Colbert Show

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Ellen Page displayed her virtue signalling skills on the Stephen Colbert show last night, with a severe case of the boo woos.

Ellen Page got emotional while talking about the discrimination the LGBTQ community faces during an appearance on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert.

"The vice president of America wishes I didn’t have the love with my wife. He wanted to ban that in Indiana, he believes in conversion therapy, he has hurt LGBTQ people so badly as the governor of Indiana.”

Page later got to discussing hate crimes against marginalized groups. Page said those in positions of power who push hateful rhetoric are to blame for attacks like Smollett.

“Connect the dots. This is what happens. If you are in a position of power and you hate people and you want to cause suffering to them, you go through the trouble, you spend your career trying to cause suffering, what do you think is going to happen? Kids are going to be abused."

https://people.com/movies/ellen-pag...pence-is-to-blame-for-jussie-smollett-attack/

Pence is responsible for an unproven attack now? Remember the phrase liberals used during Obama's presidency to describe when conservatives blamed him for things he had nothing to do with? 'Thanks Obama', was a common joke back then, but now liberals seem to endorse this manic thinking of lazily assigning blame for unrelated events on those in the White House.

Ellen Page displayed her virtue signalling skills on the Stephen Colbert show last night, with a severe case of the boo woos.

https://people.com/movies/ellen-pag...pence-is-to-blame-for-jussie-smollett-attack/

Pence is responsible for an unproven attack now? Remember the phrase liberals used during Obama's presidency to describe when conservatives blamed him for things he had nothing to do with? 'Thanks Obama', was a common joke back then, but now liberals seem to endorse this manic thinking of lazily assigning blame for unrelated events on those in the White House.

And not only do they attempt to pin every bad act by ANYBODY on something the President or somebody associated with him did or said, they are absolutely oblivious to all the hate rhetoric on their side--people in prominent positions URGING violence which you almost never see on the right. If it is a leftist doing it, they excuse it as 'free speech' that doesn't encourage anybody to do anything bad.

That kind of disconnect and double think has to be some sort of mental disorder because I just can't believe so many would be so intellectually dishonest as to condemn one side while seeing absolutely no problem with the other.

Who is Ellen Page and why should anyone care how she collects her dots?

And not only do they attempt to pin every bad act by ANYBODY on something the President or somebody associated with him did or said, they are absolutely oblivious to all the hate rhetoric on their side--people in prominent positions URGING violence which you almost never see on the right. If it is a leftist doing it, they excuse it as 'free speech' that doesn't encourage anybody to do anything bad.

That kind of disconnect and double think has to be some sort of mental disorder because I just can't believe so many would be so intellectually dishonest as to condemn one side while seeing absolutely no problem with the other.

Many die-hard leftists are actually working in cahoots with, or turning a blind eye to Antifa. The SPLC uses Antifa as its Brown Shirts, boots on the ground, to gather information about people who then turn up on the SPLC website as 'hate group' members. And the SPLC still enjoy an air of credibility amongst the left, who are either unaware of its affiliations with Antifa, or don't care.

Remember the lies the left are still pedaling today;

-Hitler was a Christian (he was actually an atheist)
- Most extremist violence is perpetrated by the right (based on a deliberately misleading report issued by the ADL)
- Most hate crimes are the fault of white conservatives (most police departments instruct officers to only look for signs of a hate crime if the crime was interracial, and the perpetrators white.)
- only whites are capable of racism.

Right wing nuts hate to be called out on their homophobia. I'd like to join this whine-fest but I'm not one of them.

Dont even know if the attack is real but her point is spot on and supported by history

when you have people in positions of power that are hateful bigots it does empower other people to act out and it helps make other hateful bigots think they are normal instead of insane whackadoodles. .

now mind you, its still that person fault who did the crime but its similar to a child that learns vile bigoted behavior from a parent . . .

the thought process to these nuts is:
well hell . . if the VP is a vile bigot i must be in the right and its ok

now even if the attack is real . . i certainly do not blame Pence .. but when people as vile as he is make it into postions of power it is a negative on our country and does some damage . .how much damage? who knows but its certainly cant be written off as no impact

Because the under-30 crowd gets its news from Colbert, Trevor Noah, and political channels on YouTube.
Strange, seeing how you love to post stuff from blurb-tube, I somehow figured you to be younger.:lol:

Modern progressivism is an ideology of hate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dont even know if the attack is real but her point is spot on and supported by history

No it's not... The argument of "he made me do it" isn't a legal defense in this nation or any western or civilized nation, wanna take a guess as to why? Because it calls for the operation of ones mind, which is a fallacious argument on its face!

when you have people in positions of power that are hateful bigots it does empower other people to act out and it helps make other hateful bigots think they are normal instead of insane whackadoodles. .

So do hateful bigots wake up in the morning thinking that they need someone else to confirm that they're not whackadoodles? You're going to hang your hat on that piece of logic?

now mind you, its still that person fault who did the crime but its similar to a child that learns vile bigoted behavior from a parent . . .

Similar to Pavlov's dog, perhaps? Adults have matured prefrontal cortex's', and as such are completely responsible for their own actions and decision making. If they weren't, then you might have a case for "he made me do it".. But of course you don't..

That has got to be some of the most incompetent analysis I think I've ever heard from you, and that's saying a lot..

now even if the attack is real . . i certainly do not blame Pence ..

And, wait for it, you go on to blame Pence.. LOL

but when people as vile as he is make it into postions of power it is a negative on our country and does some damage . .how much damage? who knows but its certainly cant be written off as no impact

Have you ever met a truly racist person, or bigot? Not the grocery store kind, you know the kind like the Unibomber, Hitler, those that take action based on their perception, those types? I have, and trust me, they don't need help from anyone.. ANYONE!

Just thought I'd point that out to you. But of course, you're going to say things like, "When did I say this, or that", "prove where I "factually" said it", or things like.. My personal favorite.. "Translation.. blah blah" Now, if you come back with something interesting, I may respond, otherwise, I think I made my point, and no need to reengage.. ;)

Tim-

1.) No it's not... The argument of "he made me do it" isn't a legal defense in this nation or any western or civilized nation, wanna take a guess as to why? Because it calls for the operation of ones mind, which is a fallacious argument on its face!

2.)So do hateful bigots wake up in the morning thinking that they need someone else to confirm that they're not whackadoodles? You're going to hang your hat on that piece of logic?

3.)Similar to Pavlov's dog, perhaps? Adults have matured prefrontal cortex's', and as such are completely responsible for their own actions and decision making. If they weren't, then you might have a case for "he made me do it".. But of course you don't..

4.)That has got to be some of the most incompetent analysis I think I've ever heard from you, and that's saying a lot..

5.)And, wait for it, you go on to blame Pence.. LOL

6.)Have you ever met a truly racist person, or bigot? Not the grocery store kind, you know the kind like the Unibomber, Hitler, those that take action based on their perception, those types? I have, and trust me, they don't need help from anyone.. ANYONE!

7.)Just thought I'd point that out to you. But of course, you're going to say things like, "When did I say this, or that", "prove where I "factually" said it", or things like.. My personal favorite.. "Translation.. blah blah"

8.) Now, if you come back with something interesting, I may respond, otherwise, I think I made my point, and no need to reengage.. ;)

Tim-
oh boy this is going to be awesome!

1.) where did i say legal defense? where did i even say defense . . in fact late in my post i said its not a defense . . well retarded strawman #1 fails
2.) odd where did i say that? looks like strawman #2 fails
3.) weird i just said he is still at fault strawman #3 fails
4.) if only your opinion mattered and people didnt actually do stuff like that and another fail LMAO
5.) correct i dont blame him so that lie fails too
6.) "truly" racist person, "need help" hey look more strawmen that fail
7.) OF COURSE id say those things, what else should i say when you post lies, retarded strawman and make things up
thats like you calling a gay person a faggot and then saying . ."hey i bet he calls me a bigot" . .well duh . . :lamo
if you stop posting lies and making things up and you can save the time of me totally owning and destroying each and every false claim you make. Not that i mind, its ALWAYS fun and hilarious watching your posts fail but if it bothers you theres a simply fix to your issue.
8.) I agree 100% you clearly made your point........reality, logic, honesty, common sense, being objective and integrity doesnt matter to your posts one bit...... you will post lies and make up and any retarded strawman you can think off . . . but like always . .I just point them out, expose them and laugh as they instantly fail. Good move running away from the beat down ahead of time though!

always a pleasure owning your failed posts and as always let us know when you can qoute me saying any of that nonsense you made up, thanks Tim!!

oh boy this is going to be awesome!

1.) where did i say legal defense? where did i even say defense . . in fact late in my post i said its not a defense . . well retarded strawman #1 fails
2.) odd where did i say that? looks like strawman #2 fails
3.) weird i just said he is still at fault strawman #3 fails
4.) if only your opinion mattered and people didnt actually do stuff like that and another fail LMAO
5.) correct i dont blame him so that lie fails too
6.) "truly" racist person, "need help" hey look more strawmen that fail
7.) OF COURSE id say those things, what else should i say when you post lies, retarded strawman and make things up
thats like you calling a gay person a faggot and then saying . ."hey i bet he calls me a bigot" . .well duh . . :lamo
if you stop posting lies and making things up and you can save the time of me totally owning and destroying each and every false claim you make. Not that i mind, its ALWAYS fun and hilarious watching your posts fail but if it bothers you theres a simply fix to your issue.
8.) I agree 100% you clearly made your point........reality, logic, honesty, common sense, being objective and integrity doesnt matter to your posts one bit...... you will post lies and make up and any retarded strawman you can think off . . . but like always . .I just point them out, expose them and laugh as they instantly fail. Good move running away from the beat down ahead of time though!

always a pleasure owning your failed posts and as always let us know when you can qoute me saying any of that nonsense you made up, thanks Tim!!

Thought so.. LOL Well, as always my favorite punching bag, you never cease to amaze.. I'll let me post stand as pointed, factual, and accurate. Yours, well not so much!

Tim-

Thought so.. LOL Well, as always my favorite punching bag, you never cease to amaze.. I'll let me post stand as pointed, factual, and accurate. Yours, well not so much!

Tim-

Transition: you posts still has nothing and all your posted lies and strawmen completely failed LMAO
Please, let me know when you can post any facts that support your failed claims and makes them true, thanks for playing!

Transition: you posts still has nothing and all your posted lies and strawmen completely failed LMAO
Please, let me know when you can post any facts that support your failed claims and makes them true, thanks for playing!

Just an observation, one I expect you've demonstrated countless times of being wholly unaware of, but you ever notice, that at least as much as I've given it any thought, that, in all of your postings, I've never seen ANYONE come to your defense either directly or indirectly using your same thought process? Ever notice that, AgentJ? What that means is although some might click on "like", they never seem to use your arguments to enhance their own arguments.. That, should... Tell you something.. ;)

But, whatever... Have at er, bud.

Tim-

Just an observation, one I expect you've demonstrated countless times of being wholly unaware of, but you ever notice, that at least as much as I've given it any thought, that, in all of your postings, I've never seen ANYONE come to your defense either directly or indirectly using your same thought process? Ever notice that, AgentJ? What that means is although some might click on "like", they never seem to use your arguments to enhance their own arguments.. That, should... Tell you something.. ;)

But, whatever... Have at er, bud.

Tim-

Weird that doesn't address any of the false claims you posted or support the strawmen you made up in anyway? VERY telling LOL
Please, let me know when you can post any facts that support your failed claims and makes them true, thanks!

now even if the attack is real . . i certainly do not blame Pence .. but when people as vile as he is make it into postions of power it is a negative on our country and does some damage . .how much damage? who knows but its certainly cant be written off as no impact

So where do you know Pence from?

So where do you know Pence from?

Easy the words that come out of his mouth.
Like the old saying goes, When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
In his case theres been many times and by definition he is factually a bigot.

Easy the words that come out of his mouth.
Like the old saying goes, When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
In his case theres been many times and by definition he is factually a bigot.

Like what?

mpq.JPG

I abhor discrimination. The way I was raised was like most Hoosiers, with the golden rule, that you should do unto others what you'd have them do unto you. Mike Pence
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mike_pence_710986

Last edited:
Modern progressivism is an ideology of hate.

Yes, especially if you consider our notions of healthcare for all Americans, raising the minimum wage, protecting the enviornment, trying with Iran and Cuba to ease long-running tensions, fighting discrimination against gays, promoting international cooperation... wiil the hate ever stop?

Like what?

View attachment 67249731

I abhor discrimination. The way I was raised was like most Hoosiers, with the golden rule, that you should do unto others what you'd have them do unto you. Mike Pence
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mike_pence_710986

LMAO look up are his statements about gays and equal rights for sexual orientation and it was just his words/feelings what makes him a bigot is he tried to stop them from obtaining equal rights. He has been a guest speaker for the Family Research Council (a hate group) Guess the golden rule doesnt apply to equal rights an marriage in his mind. lol

Dont even know if the attack is real but her point is spot on ct

It' wasn't ergo her point is not spot on .Just liberal blather.
Dont
when you have people in positions of power that are hateful bigots it does empower other people to act out
no impact

since nothing happened obviously nobody was empowered .

#FAIL

1.) It's not ergo her point is not spot on .
2.)since nothing happened obviously nobody was empowered .

#FAIL

1.) yes it was and still it
2.) were did i say it did? in fact i said we dont know LMAO

yes your post did fail indeed

Yes, especially if you consider our notions of healthcare for all Americans, raising the minimum wage, protecting the enviornment, trying with Iran and Cuba to ease long-running tensions, fighting discrimination against gays, promoting international cooperation... wiil the hate ever stop?
I see how they treat those they disagree with and yes it's very hateful.

Back
Top Bottom