• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mike Pence to Blame for Jussie Smollett 'Attack', says Hollywood Actress on Colbert Show

I see how they treat those they disagree with and yes it's very hateful.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Who are you talking about? And please don’t say antifa.

ANTIFA

Now what?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You forgot the first part of my request. Who are you talking about? Violent leftists don't represent liberals any more than violent neo-Nazis represent conservatives.

Right wing nuts hate to be called out on their homophobia. I'd like to join this whine-fest but I'm not one of them.

Wingnuts, you can't live with them, you can't get rid of them.

The great problem of our lifetime.

Mike Pence to Blame for Jussie Smollett 'Attack', says Hollywood Actress on Colbert Show

Why do people care what actors say about, well, pretty much anything other than movies, TV shows, plays, acting and the like?

I understand their role as role models re: things like fashion, style, gossip about other entertainers, and other superficial things. I don't know why, unless one's conversing directly -- on the phone or face-to-face -- with an actor, one would give a damn about what any of them have to say about jurisprudence and public policy and other such subjects. On such matters, the merit of their thoughts is no different than that of any other "Tom, Dick or Harry on the street;" it's just that one may recognize the actor's face and know his/her name.

On, say, economic policy, the input of economists is worth consuming. On legal matters, jurists', legal scholars, and other attorneys merits one's attention. On the role of XYZ firm, the firm's execs' input is worth receiving. And so on and so on....Unless, however, one is currently engaged in a conversation with a given actor, what s/he has to say isn't of any particular merit. Voters, citizens aren't any better informed because they know what Ellen Page, Madonna, Oprah, or any other actor thinks about policy and decisions re: trade, crime and punishment, the environment, etc.

And mind, you, I'm talking about actors, not satirists. I know for cursory cogitators the two may seem the same. They're not. Satirists differ from other editorialists only in that a satirist's primary "vehicle" for expressing his/her point is humor, whereas editorialists are largely somber in their delivery of their thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom