• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

mike lee: It's 'Overreach' To Arrest Anti-Abortion Activist For Assaulting Elderly Man Twice

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Ok so what crimes will republicans not object to the criminal being arrested for their crime?

If it had been a 40 something pro choice person assaulting a 72 year old anti choice person TWICE I'm sure the republicans wouldn't think it's overreach to arrest the criminal who assaulted the 72 year old.

But since it's reversed, mike lee believes it's overreach to arrest the anti choice person who assaulted a 72 year old man twice.

What has happened to the Republican Party?

I love it when some sleazy-ass Politician spouts crap like>>

"You've got a Catholic father of seven who formed a group designed to encourage young men to be faithful to their commitments arrested in front of his seven children just recently."
So, because the father has a penis and a wife who loves to churn out babies, he's some kind of exceptional human being when it comes to assaulting others...Yeah..sure...

Ok so what crimes will republicans not object to the criminal being arrested for their crime?

If it had been a 40 something pro choice person assaulting a 72 year old anti choice person TWICE I'm sure the republicans wouldn't think it's overreach to arrest the criminal who assaulted the 72 year old.

But since it's reversed, mike lee believes it's overreach to arrest the anti choice person who assaulted a 72 year old man twice.

To authoritarians such as Mike Lee, the ends always justify the means.

"You've got a Catholic father of seven who formed a group designed to encourage young men to be faithful to their commitments arrested in front of his seven children just recently."
So, because the father has a penis and a wife who loves to churn out babies, he's some kind of exceptional human being when it comes to assaulting others...Yeah..sure...

That part of his excuse for such attempt of gaslighting is disgusting and a total insult to all those with more than one working brain cell.

“The law is not meant to constrain white Christians” is not an ideology these people are really trying to hide. It happens every day in this country.

There's a lot of information missing to this story.

Good grief, give him a vasectomy while he's in custody please.

I think what he was probably referring to was how the man was arrested and not the why

No, it's ok to protest and such. But as soon as it turns to assault, it matters not the side.

I couldn't find anything explaining what might be called "overreach" in the link.
If you commit a crime, you're subject to arrest, it's just that simple.
Hopefully there will be some time served and a stiff fine as a result.

“The law is not meant to constrain white Christians” is not an ideology these people are really trying to hide. It happens every day in this country.
"I like your Christ but I don't like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Mahatma Mohandas Gandhi.

Since you lump Republicans together with one idiot's action, I'm not sure you really want to discuss anything. Same as when someone lumps all Democrats with one idiot's actions.

Stated another way, Republicans at the highest levels are basically embracing fascist behavior like violent intimidation of the opposition.

To authoritarians such as Mike Lee, the ends always justify the means.
The new civil war won't be a shooting war, but individual attacks like this. cowardly bombings, ambushes of those who think differently. The invisible war, one ass kicking at a time.

Back
Top Bottom