• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

mike lee: It's 'Overreach' To Arrest Anti-Abortion Activist For Assaulting Elderly Man Twice

Good for Senator Lee demonstrating the “Law and Order” mantra of his party is a canard…

Good for Senator Lee demonstrating the “Law and Order” mantra of his party is a canard…

Except for what he demonstrated was not "law and order" it was violent righties shouldn't be held accountable for their behavior.

Why live in this world when you can make up your own, eh?
You said he shoved that guy to defend his kid from a verbal assault.

So to remain internally consistent you must condone anybody shoving someone over a verbal assault.

Pathetic ****s still defending the police state of the current administrtion, even after learning the facts. Well...after SOME of them finally learned the facts. Others are still pressing on with the same mindless leftist rhetoric like good little muppets.
Yeah, because we all know that it should be a priority of the FBI to investigate an ALLEGED simple assault. /s

An allegation and lawsuit that has already been dismissed.

Pathetic ****s still defending the police state of the current administrtion, even after learning the facts. Well...after SOME of them finally learned the facts. Others are still pressing on with the same mindless leftist rhetoric like good little muppets.
So it’s just another case of trumps “best people” demonstrating they aren’t, as Wray is trumps appointee.

Or did you conveniently forget that?

This is nothing but projection.

I said he was in training to be an Asshole. He was there to harass people, just like dear old dad.
I'm sure he was there because his dad dragged him there and that he'd have much preferred to be at home playing xbox like every other 12 year old kid.

Is "Fag" the "mean" word that prompted the assault on the old fart? Well that explains it, why didn't you just say so?
As I said... you're just a lovely person.

Let's remember, Mike Lee was for the election fraud scheme before he abandoned it. For me, that only shows he knows when to quit, unlike the the true bootlickers. It does not excuse him. I wonder what Mike Lee knew and when he knew it?

Except for what he demonstrated was not "law and order" it was violent righties shouldn't be held accountable for their behavior.
Right, a canard.

J.P. said, What's speculation. That he was there at an abortion clinic to harass people, or that the old man called the kid a fag?
People don't go to stand outside abortion clinics, except to harass the pro-choice people legitimately there. So yeah, that's not in doubt. So the speculation is the latter.

Now the 12 year-old kid is an "asshole." You all are just such lovely people. I'm sure you'd get along great with the guy who was calling him a "fag."
I'd prob'ly get along with the old gentleman protecting woman at an abortion clinic from an A-hole the likes of this big bully MFer. Sorry if you don't approve of my language choices, I'm a blue collar kind of guy. I call it like i see it. I remember cats like that harassing the anti Vietnam protests. Effe 'em.

Ok so what crimes will republicans not object to the criminal being arrested for their crime?

If it had been a 40 something pro choice person assaulting a 72 year old anti choice person TWICE I'm sure the republicans wouldn't think it's overreach to arrest the criminal who assaulted the 72 year old.

But since it's reversed, mike lee believes it's overreach to arrest the anti choice person who assaulted a 72 year old man twice.

What has happened to the Republican Party?

If he committed assault, he should be arrested for assault. The overreach is that he's facing 11 years in prison for pushing a guy (while "protesters" who committed much more serious offenses on camera are walking free).

So to remain internally consistent you must condone anybody shoving someone over a verbal assault.
Didn't Jesus say, sticks & stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me, or something to that effect?

If he committed assault, he should be arrested for assault. The overreach is that he's facing 11 years in prison for pushing a guy (while "protesters" who committed much more serious offenses on camera are walking free).
I don't know but one of the Jan 6th protesters is being sentenced today. Maybe he'll get the max?

I don't know but one of the Jan 6th protesters is being sentenced today. Maybe he'll get the max?

What does that have to do with an abortion protester being charged with a felony for pushing someone? How many felonies were these people charged with?:

Overreach? Absolutely given the facts of the case. The criminal complaint was dismissed by the municipal court because the accuser failed to appear multiple times. Why is the FBI now pursuing it?

It's what fascists do. They use the power of the state to push a political agenda. They're for the police oppressing Those People but don't mind the people that beat up police on Jan 6th. Fascist presidents blatantly pardon criminals if those criminals serve a political agenda, like Stone and Flynn.

We've seen it before.

iu
Are you referring to the DOJ/FBI because they, unlike the local PD, is the only 'State Power' being used here.

Yeah it's the United States of America government. There is still the rights to a defense. The Drumpf's Insurrection didn't prevail. Your post implies otherwise, is that wishful thinking, or projection?
The only time you get a right to a defense is if the case goes in front of a jury. The government, these days, seems to prefer to "try" their cases in the court of public opinion while leaking tidbits to their propagandist arm in the media. In cases that DO go to court they are using the most broad statutes they can find to prosecute people. It's like an Article 15 in the military. You could get hooked up under that one for anything from oversleeping to stealing a tank and driving it through downtown.

Thanks for demonstrating once again that logic is not your strong suit.

What does that have to do with an abortion protester being charged with a felony for pushing someone? How many felonies were these people charged with?:

How about all of the people fire bombing pregnancy resource centers?

Back
Top Bottom