• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Migrants dropped off at VP Harris's residence

The story has hit the big time! CNN is covering it!

The US has been grappling with an uptick of Venezuelan migrants who have fled a deteriorating situation in that country in large numbers

Does "the US" include Starbucks-sipping, hemp-wearing hippies in Portland, or just Texas?

Not going to read through all of your posts.
Are you saying you support illegal immigration?
Not at all.

I am all for legal immigration, but we need to make it impractical for illegal immigrants.

We need to make it impossible for them to find employment.

The coordinator for the migrants in DC was just on TV. She said that they were told migrants would be arriving at the airport but then she got a call that they were deliberately dropped off in a parking lot at the Observatory instead. No one was there to greet them, no food, or transportation and the cordinator had to scramble to get to the migrants. She said they were frightened and confused and didn't know where they were. How is that OK...how can anyone with one ounce of decency ever justify the treating of people in this manner???

Move them to different parts of the country if required but for heaven's sake do it with decency and kindness and respect for your fellow Governors

It's cruelness for the purpose of being curel.

This is not what America was about before MAGA.

I'm sure some do. Mostly by not knowing, but republicans, as a whole, are against illegal immigration.
It's already illegal, what is "being against it" really doing? Who put those ideas in your head? Right wing propaganda likely did.

We can't afford to round them all up and deport them all, it's simply too costly to our economy...that's why no Republican seriously tries. Hell, they are hiring the illegals.

Research shows that illegal immigrants increase the size of the U.S. economy, contribute to economic growth, enhance the welfare of natives, contribute more in tax revenue than they collect, reduce American firms' incentives to offshore jobs and import foreign-produced goods, and benefit consumers by reducing the prices of goods and services.[16][17][18][19] Economists estimate that legalization of the illegal immigrant population would increase the immigrants' earnings and consumption considerably, and increase U.S. gross domestic product.[20][21][22][23] There is scholarly consensus that illegal immigrants commit less crime than natives.[24][25] Sanctuary cities—which adopt policies designed to avoid prosecuting people solely for being in the country illegally—have no statistically meaningful impact on crime.[26][27] Research suggests that immigration enforcement has no impact on crime rates.[26][28][29]

Republicans offer no policy/legislation as a party right now...the GOP platform is one paragraph ending with hating on Democrats.

The story has hit the big time! CNN is covering it!

The US has been grappling with an uptick of Venezuelan migrants who have fled a deteriorating situation in that country in large numbers

Does "the US" include Starbucks-sipping, hemp-wearing hippies in Portland, or just Texas?

You don't think this is sick? Abusive?

You really celebrate such deplorable actions?

You think that represents America?

Yeah. The wall is dumb. Over 50 percent of illegals in america came here legally and simply overstayed their visas. A wall won't stop that. Heck, a wall won't stop much that a quick trip to Home Depot won't solve.
I know that may have. I doubt its over 50% though.

I agree that building a wall is far from the best solution, but since there is no political willpower to fix the problem otherwise, that's about all we have left.
Citing a policy disagreement does not mean one side or the other does or doesn't support employers of illegals.
As a whole, the left is for illegal immigration, the right is not. I'm sure there are some on both sides that differ.
If Biden said he thinks digging a moat along the border and filling it with alligators would stop illegal immigration and Repubs thought that was a pointless expenditure of money and wouldn't solve the problem; does that then mean Repubs support illegals?

Your logic is deeply flawed.
Are you from toon-town?

Indeed. Who can't move in with me are deplorables. The immoral stupid assholes who are antidemocracy.

Damn, that's disappointing. I'll bet there's good beer in your refrigerator, too. :LOL:

Do you think Abbott or DeSantis of the people that drive the buses or are flying the planes are stupid enough to not check?
Does the act of transporting a person require they have a legal status?

Are you claiming the German SS type of action is in play, "we want to see your papers" for transportation?

Does Pence support illegal immigration?
What did his administration do to rid our country of the 12 million undocumented immigrants believed to be resident within our nation’s borders?

Fair point but he does have a history of employing illegals at various towers etc during his career.
Yes, allegations were made. Never shown to be true.

Last edited:
I hope Harris goes on national television and makes a nasty speech about MAGA Republicans.
Should be good for a laugh.

Reactions: PoS
Does the act of transporting a person require they have a legal status?

Are you claiming the German SS type of action is in play, "we want to see your papers" for transportation?
It is a crime to transport someone who remains in the country in violation of the law.

Good try, that's not what you asserted. And doesn't excuse the dozens of examples of other times that Trump employed undocumented migrants at his properties.
I never claimed it as fact as I didn't remember with certainty. Go back and educate yourself by reading what I said again. I then found where he asked for legal immigrants. As for the construction, and other allegations... I remember those to now as allegations never proven.

Consider how many times the media has been proven to lie about president Trump.

They need to do this to all politicians everywhere who support illegal immigrants.
Don't you also think the migrants should be herded with pointed sticks and forced to wear "anti-illegal immigration" tees? Maybe they can be taught to do a dance or make funny faces at the cameras. The ultra-right can make their point and provide maximum humiliation for the migrants. Then say "cool beans" and "that'll show em."

Anyone who thinks this is funny lacks basic decency.
I know it has been pointed out already, but feel the need to keep repeating: And the folks who think this is cool and funny chaffed at HRC commenting on the "basket of deplorables" and Biden's comments about them in his speech last week?

What did his administration do to rid our country of the 12 million undocumented immigrants believed to be resident within our nation’s borders?
Do you believe in magic?

I hope Harris goes on national television and makes a nasty speech about MAGA Republicans.
Should be good for a laugh.
I like the term "confederates", it's much more indicative.

what was going to happen to them otherwise
Why would I know that?
and what was the lie told to them?

please cite your sources.
The migrants that were sent to MV were told they were going to Boston.

I don't have a link yet to the specifics (yet) but I am 100% sure that the migrants sent to Harris' lawn were not told they were going to be dropped off on a random street in DC.

It is a crime to transport someone who remains in the country in violation of the law.
Then...

Better have all the public transportation serveice crack down on this!

Back
Top Bottom