• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Might this be true, Turks in Ukraine?

maxparrish

Conservatarian
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Turks in Ukraine, bringing more drones, training, and assitance?

Turkey is a backwards nation built on genocide that has no business in Ukraine

Russians today bombed a mosque full of Turks in Mariupol. So I guess there are some there?

Is Turkey still trying to join the EU?

Might this be true, Turks in Ukraine?​

It wouldn't surprise me.

If Ukraine falls to Russia, that pretty much makes them Turkey's immediate neighbor to their north. And with as much warm water, Mediterranean coastline that Turkey has - and Russia wants/needs, well, it's not hard to see the obvious, at least from their perspective. I'd be seriously worried were I Turkey of Russia's ultimate intentions.

Many English speaking Turks go to university in Ukraine.

(All university courses in Ukraine must be taught in either Ukrainian, Russian, or English)

WTF do you know about Turkiye?

Backward nation? It's not nearly as backward as Alabama.
It's been nearly 6 decades ago, but I remember the Turks were not too fond of the Russians.
If forced to choose, I would definitely choose to live in Alabama over Turkey.
But without force I wouldn't return to anywhere in the U.S.
I fully support the Turks providing any/all forms of military assistance to the Ukraine.

I would definitely choose to live in Alabama over Turkey.

Just ****in wow!

I'll admit Erdogan has knee-capped the country of late but culturally Turkiye is light years ahead of Alabama. And as far as beauty, food, art museums, vacation resorts, historical interests this is not even a debate.

You can't name a single reason to choose Alabama.

Peace

Just ****in wow!

I'll admit Erdogan has knee-capped the country of late but culturally Turkiye is light years ahead of Alabama. And as far as beauty, food, art museums, vacation resorts, historical interests this is not even a debate.

You can't name a single reason to choose Alabama.

Peace
19 months was enough to last a lifetime for me, but there are interesting places to see in Turkey, just not somewhere I would like to live again.
The main reason to choose Alabama would be to avoid Turkey, though I'm quite happy living in SEA.
Maybe if Chicago was the other choice, I might be forced to choose Turkey. I have lived and worked near Chicago in the past.

19 months was enough to last a lifetime for me, but there are interesting places to see in Turkey, just not somewhere I would like to live again.
The main reason to choose Alabama would be to avoid Turkey, though I'm quite happy living in SEA.
Maybe if Chicago was the other choice, I might be forced to choose Turkey. I have lived and worked near Chicago in the past.

Where in 🇹🇷 did you live?

I'd live in Chicago and love it. Clearly we are very differant.

Mostly near Karamursel/Yalova.
To each his own.
How the hell did you get stuck there? Military?

I had a second home just above Istanbul, overlooked the Bosperous. Fresh fish 🐟 off the boats each day, fresh baked bread from the shops next to the fish market, 20 minutes from Istanbul proper.

And how about Antalya? What on earth 8n Alabama compares. Nothing, that is what.

Anyway, peace out.

How the hell did you get stuck there? Military?

I had a second home just above Istanbul, overlooked the Bosperous. Fresh fish 🐟 off the boats each day, fresh baked bread from the shops next to the fish market, 20 minutes from Istanbul proper.

And how about Antalya? What on earth 8n Alabama compares. Nothing, that is what.

Anyway, peace out.
Yes, military.
As I said I wouldn't care to live in either place, but if had to choose, I would choose Alabama, but what has this to do with the Ukraine?

Yes, military.
As I said I wouldn't care to live in either place, but if had to choose, I would choose Alabama, but what has this to do with the Ukraine?
No clue how we got sidetracked.

Honest, I can't see being in the military being the same as acturally living in another country. Its apples and oranges. At least from my perspective.

Turkey has produced decent drones that have been proven in action.
They may indeed be helping Ukraine.

Erdogan is a brutal thug, nothing more. But a brutal thug who knows he can get a free pass from the West if he says the right thing at the right time.

No clue how we got sidetracked.

Honest, I can't see being in the military being the same as acturally living in another country. Its apples and oranges. At least from my perspective.
My time in the military was quite different from what you might think. But no need to go further astray of the thread topic.

Back
Top Bottom