• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Microzoft has kidnapped my PC.

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I came home today to Windows X being installed on my desktop without permission.

Cyberkidnapping

I came home today to Windows X being installed on my desktop without permission.

Cyberkidnapping

Did you stop it?
If not, you can always revert.

I came home today to Windows X being installed on my desktop without permission. Cyberkidnapping

LOL, they put a power switch on your PC to prevent folks from coming in and doing stuff to/on your computer. Do you leave your windows open and doors unlocked when you leave your home???

Thank God you aren't a teen girl or your private life would be all over the You Tubes... ;)

Cyberkidnapping

Don't fight it. The new PC I bought last year came with W10 and it's a good OS.

Don't fight it. The new PC I bought last year came with W10 and it's a good OS.

My SiL who's in IT security says it shares to much. I'll check it out and can still go back to 7 in 30 days.

Not sure I can trust MS from here on out.

Uh...I left muh settings to auto-update....and muh puter....updated.

Short of unplugging the PC, it has control.

Its loaded now
Sorry to hear that.

My SiL who's in IT security says it shares to much. I'll check it out and can still go back to 7 in 30 days.

You can turn off most of it's sharing features.

And you can make it appear more like the Os you are use to.
And if you do not like the way that looks you can go all out with Stardock software.

Whew, thank goodness I stayed withWin7- Microsuck has turned into another NSA.

Sorry to hear that.

You can turn off most of it's sharing features.

And you can make it appear more like the Os you are use to.
And if you do not like the way that looks you can go all out with Stardock software.

Yea, I think I turned off a lot of the sharing but, I'll let my SiL take a look to see if it can be made more secure.

I use the Chrome browser and it seems to like it.

It shares no more than it always has, and no more than iOS/OSX shares (they share more actually).

I reinstalled windows 7 and uninstalled the update that allowed Windows 10 to download.

I will not be bullied by MS.

I reinstalled windows 7 and uninstalled the update that allowed Windows 10 to download.

Congrats! Youre now an independent! :mrgreen::2usflag::respekt:

I stayed with Windows 10 too long before I could go back to 7.

I never seen so many side bars with ads on most of my searches.

Cyberkidnapping

Happened to me a few days ago and I was pretty upset. It asked me if I want to accept it and I answered "no" and it uninstalled it, which took a while but everything is back to normal.

For anyone who may be interested.

GWX Control Panel.

This is a free tool that can remove and disable the 'Get Windows 10' notification area icon on Windows 7 and Windows 8. Recent versions can also disable 'Upgrade to Windows 10' behavior in the Windows Update control panel and do much more.​
GWX Control Panel

Whew, thank goodness I stayed withWin7- Microsuck has turned into another NSA.

Greetings, PoS. :2wave:

I am so happy to hear that I wasn't the only one this happened to! My computer guy switched me back to Win7! What's going on?

Greetings, PoS. :2wave:

I am so happy to hear that I wasn't the only one this happened to! My computer guy switched me back to Win7! What's going on?

microsoft is pushing 10, because they get income from the ads. If you are on 8 or 8.1, that is not being supported , but 7 will be supported till 2020.

microsoft is pushing 10, because they get income from the ads. If you are on 8 or 8.1, that is not being supported , but 7 will be supported till 2020.

Wait they put ads on your 'puter?

I'm on Apple so I really don't understand.

Wait they put ads on your 'puter?

I'm on Apple so I really don't understand.

The 'Aps' bar has 'suggested' aps on it... so it comes ripe for them to get income from programs they recommend. You can delete that junk before it installs.. but ..argh.

I am staying windows 7 till 2020 ... then, I have a disk that has 10 on it with a license key, so if I want, i can upgrade then.

The 'Aps' bar has 'suggested' aps on it... so it comes ripe for them to get income from programs they recommend. You can delete that junk before it installs.. but ..argh.

I am staying windows 7 till 2020 ... then, I have a disk that has 10 on it with a license key, so if I want, i can upgrade then.

Oh I understand now. I have to put up with iTunes, grrrr

Oh I understand now. I have to put up with iTunes, grrrr

the one thing about Winblows is that there are itune alternatives to manage MP3 players and such... even one that manages the ipods if you still use such an antique device.

Greetings, RAMOSS. :2wave:

Thanks for the info. :thumbs: I don't know if it's true or not, but I was told today that starting in August, people will be charged for Windows 10, which might explain why W10 was being pushed on W7 users a while back. They changed me one evening without any prior warning, which sure came as an unwelcome surprise to me, since I couldn't stop the changeover, no matter what I tried! :shock:

Greetings, RAMOSS. :2wave:

Thanks for the info. :thumbs: I don't know if it's true or not, but I was told today that starting in August, people will be charged for Windows 10, which might explain why W10 was being pushed on W7 users a while back. They changed me one evening without any prior warning, which sure came as an unwelcome surprise to me, since I couldn't stop the changeover, no matter what I tried! :shock:

If you upgrade, make a copy of it with the license key, you can go back later with that license key.. and I think the free offer does indeed expire in July. I put the GWX controll panel on my machines so I don't get an unwelcome surprise. My one laptop, and the desktop are both 5 years old, so both they will be totally obsolete by the time 2020 rolls along.

If you upgrade, make a copy of it with the license key, you can go back later with that license key.. and I think the free offer does indeed expire in July. I put the GWX controll panel on my machines so I don't get an unwelcome surprise. My one laptop, and the desktop are both 5 years old, so both they will be totally obsolete by the time 2020 rolls along.

Will do! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom