• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Microsoft to Dump Windows 8

I have not experienced any memory or speed issues of any sorts. As I previously posted, I don' even realize 8 is even there (unless I move the mouse to the corners)...

i havent had speed issues,but memory issues,where programs start dropping because win 8 doesnt seem to find enough memory,sometimes it shuts itself down from memory overload idling.

after i talked to some computer geeks,all of them recommended ditching win 8 for win 7,and not re installing win 8 until they release the next service pack.

other people i know have had no problems,but ive had many,and it pisses me off that microsoft really didnt even care about those problems,and judging from the experience with vista,they probably figure its easier to use the win 8 platform and make a new os without the problems than to unscrew the existing os.

i havent had speed issues,but memory issues,where programs start dropping because win 8 doesnt seem to find enough memory,sometimes it shuts itself down from memory overload idling.

after i talked to some computer geeks,all of them recommended ditching win 8 for win 7,and not re installing win 8 until they release the next service pack.

other people i know have had no problems,but ive had many,and it pisses me off that microsoft really didnt even care about those problems,and judging from the experience with vista,they probably figure its easier to use the win 8 platform and make a new os without the problems than to unscrew the existing os.

It may just be differences with base hardware. I'm running a laptop with intel i7 and 8g ram...

It may just be differences with base hardware. I'm running a laptop with intel i7 and 8g ram...

mines running a amd dual core.from what ive heard it has to do with the addon video card and the integrated video card no agreeing with eachother,mainly due to how win 8 handles graphics.in win xp you had to fully disable integrated,in win 7 the addoon automoatically took over.in win 8 it uses the video processor on my card but tries to run my onboard memory instead of the cards memory.im running win 8 drivers for the card as well,so far ive seen others with the same problem but only a small minority,not sure which card motherboard setup triggers it,but i didnt have that problem until i upgrated my video.

I heard that they are dumping their only and best app Windows XP also. I heard that they are doing so because Windows 8 was suppose to be stable and needed more purchases of it instead. If they dump 8 too what the hell will they invent next that will yet again disappoint us then?

I still kick with XP!

mines running a amd dual core.from what ive heard it has to do with the addon video card and the integrated video card no agreeing with eachother,mainly due to how win 8 handles graphics.in win xp you had to fully disable integrated,in win 7 the addoon automoatically took over.in win 8 it uses the video processor on my card but tries to run my onboard memory instead of the cards memory.im running win 8 drivers for the card as well,so far ive seen others with the same problem but only a small minority,not sure which card motherboard setup triggers it,but i didnt have that problem until i upgrated my video.

Yea but that is not windows 8 that is the problem.. but AMD..

That's the reason I gave up on ATI when AMD bought them. Nvidia has no such problems.

I heard that they are dumping their only and best app Windows XP also. I heard that they are doing so because Windows 8 was suppose to be stable and needed more purchases of it instead. If they dump 8 too what the hell will they invent next that will yet again disappoint us then?

I still kick with XP!

Window XP is an app? LOL!!

XP is being dumped because it's OLD, dude...not because of Win8.

Forget about what you've read in the OP's dumbass article. Win8 will NOT be dumped.

Can your XP play Crysis 3? hmmmm?

There has been talk all over, in legit publications for the past 2 months, that Windows will dump Window 8 (thank God) in favor for something called Windows Blue. It will drop the new (and hated by most) Metro interface and finally return to a Windows 7 interface! I am thrilled they are finally going to drop the hatchet on this dirty dog because the only other OS I would consider is Linux if Microsoft stayed the course. The Rumor Is That Microsoft Will Bail On Its New Age User-Interface And Go Back To The Old Style - Business Insider

Unfortunately they're not doing that, though it would be wonderful if they did. Actually the UI (not the backend) they should return to ideally is winXP. Win7 also requires aftermarket fixes to make it function correctly. As a quick example the control panel items are thrown up willy nilly and cannot be sorted/displayed the way the user chooses (as we always could before). Also there is no classic view for the start menu in win7, you have to go third party to get that. There's lots more.

Windows Blue will be windows 8.1. They are just changing two defaults, that's it. It no longer boots to the stupid metro screen by default and they've added back the start button. There's no indication they are also returning the start menu, and they are NOT removing metro. It still looks and behaves like the poorly done touch screen tablet OS it is. This turd, like it's predecessors is not for the desktop.

Last edited:
Unfortunately they're not doing that, though it would be wonderful if they did. Actually the UI (not the backend) they should return to ideally is winXP. Win7 also requires aftermarket fixes to make it function correctly. As a quick example the control panel items are thrown up willy nilly and cannot be sorted/displayed the way the user chooses (as we always could before). Also there is no classic view for the start menu in win7, you have to go third party to get that. There's lots more.

Windows Blue will be windows 8.1. They are just changing two defaults, that's it. It no longer boots to the stupid metro screen by default and they've added back the start button. There's no indication they are also returning the start menu, and they are NOT removing metro. It still looks and behaves like the poorly done touch screen tablet OS it is. This turd, like it's predecessors is not for the desktop.

I've seen nothing in any article I've read that indicates that the default boot to the Modern UI is being changed. I've only seen mention of an "option" to boot to the traditional desktop. If you have any links that support your statement, I'd be interested in seeing them.

There has been talk all over, in legit publications for the past 2 months, that Windows will dump Window 8 (thank God) in favor for something called Windows Blue. It will drop the new (and hated by most) Metro interface and finally return to a Windows 7 interface! I am thrilled they are finally going to drop the hatchet on this dirty dog because the only other OS I would consider is Linux if Microsoft stayed the course. The Rumor Is That Microsoft Will Bail On Its New Age User-Interface And Go Back To The Old Style - Business Insider

Oh, come on. It isn't that bad. It's just the additional step of going through the start menu to the desktop.

Window XP is an app? LOL!!

XP is being dumped because it's OLD, dude...not because of Win8.

Forget about what you've read in the OP's dumbass article. Win8 will NOT be dumped.

Can your XP play Crysis 3? hmmmm?

I play Crisis on XBOX instead.

That's the reason I gave up on ATI when AMD bought them. Nvidia has no such problems.

Actually they both have problems. Nvidia cards have lots of problems with the drivers, as do ATI. ATI cards tend to be better quality than Nvidia, but Nvidia have more deals with major gaming companies to make the "perfect" drivers for the games.

My GTX670 crashes occasionally because of conflict with the onboard audio (of all things), anytime an OS changes/running hardware from multiple companies these kind of issues turn up. Hopefully the company releases a driver pack that sorts it all out.

As to Windows 8, I actually don't mind the metro ui when I'm using a touch screen laptop. On an actual desktop (non touch), I find the navigation cumbersome, most co-workers just 'search' for the program rather then pecking around. Overall, having used the OS on several work machines I've found it to be very stable (which is awesome when your working on a bunch of crap).

I've seen nothing in any article I've read that indicates that the default boot to the Modern UI is being changed. I've only seen mention of an "option" to boot to the traditional desktop. If you have any links that support your statement, I'd be interested in seeing them.

You're correct, they are merely adding the OPTION to boot to desktop instead of that idiot nightmare that has the majority of users pissed off at MS.

Just a patch......like a service pack

8 to 8.1

Actually they both have problems. Nvidia cards have lots of problems with the drivers, as do ATI. ATI cards tend to be better quality than Nvidia, but Nvidia have more deals with major gaming companies to make the "perfect" drivers for the games.

I stand corrected in respect to conflicts between on-board video and graphics cards...if you say such problems occur with Nividia as well, though I disagree that Nvidia has a lot of problems with drivers. At least, I've never had any problems and I've been using Nvidia for years. In fact, I think I've heard more people complain about AMD's drivers than Nividia's

Perhaps I've never experienced such problems because I've never had on-board graphics.

I play Crisis on XBOX instead.

Oh...well, have fun with Crysis...it's a good game...but it's not Crysis 3. And playing ANYTHING on XBox instead of a PC is a waste of time.

Just a patch......like a service pack

8 to 8.1

Well, a patch commonly only fixes bugs and such. Win8.1 does more than that. So I would call it more of an upgrade than a patch.

i dont think its amd,it had no such problem until i changed cards,and the card i have now is a nvidia card,with an amd processor.

I stand corrected in respect to conflicts between on-board video and graphics cards...if you say such problems occur with Nividia as well, though I disagree that Nvidia has a lot of problems with drivers.

Nvidia does not make many onboard graphics cards, and their problems are with traditional graphicscards.

At least, I've never had any problems and I've been using Nvidia for years. In fact, I think I've heard more people complain about AMD's drivers than Nividia's

So did I, until I switched to a Nvidia and started to service computers with Nvidia chips in them.

Perhaps I've never experienced such problems because I've never had on-board graphics.

ATI dominates onboard chips.

Oh...well, have fun with Crysis...it's a good game...but it's not Crysis 3. And playing ANYTHING on XBox instead of a PC is a waste of time.

Interesting perspective, thanks. But I like Crysis in Xbox pretty well.

Xbox is a lot better in games in than in PC. Have you played Kingdom of Amalur?

Interesting perspective, thanks. But I like Crysis in Xbox pretty well.

Xbox is a lot better in games in than in PC. Have you played Kingdom of Amalur?

No, Xbox has different games than the PC. You cant play WoW on the Xbox, you cant play SWTOR on the XBox.. you cant play a sports manager effectively on the XBox and so on and so on. For shoot-em-up first person crap.. Xbox and others are brilliant... but when we get into strategy and mmorpg's then there is nothing better than a PC.

No, Xbox has different games than the PC. You cant play WoW on the Xbox, you cant play SWTOR on the XBox.. you cant play a sports manager effectively on the XBox and so on and so on. For shoot-em-up first person crap.. Xbox and others are brilliant... but when we get into strategy and mmorpg's then there is nothing better than a PC.

I've had PC games also. But Xbox is better for the games that I like. They are not all "shoot-em-ups" neither. There's football for strategy and a briliant other ones with Kinnect and such.

I don't see PC games using Kinnect, do you?

it was microsofts mistake to try and make a single os to work on everything,the smarter answer would have been to make seperate os's,but have them work in the same language and dependancies so programmers to cross write programs quickly and cheaply between the different platforms.

Those dependencies you speak of....we app developers know it as "the OS"

Actually, it's the Application Framework. Writing a new AF for every device would be a mind-boggling task

Back
Top Bottom