• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Microsoft Buys Bethesda

PS: I want Morrowwind Remastered.
I prefer that they rebuild Morrowind from the ground up. Randomized encounters arent my thing.

It might be good for them, especially if they kick tod howard out of decision making, as his answer to everything is a skyrim remake, how many times does a company need to remake skyrim, why can't they just make the next damn game!

The fact it is nearly a decade since skyrim came out, and they are still dumping most of their recources into skyrim remakes and ports says the company was heading the path of ea and activision, ie milking a franchise with the least effort before scrapping it for a quick buck. I hope microsoft sees the big bucks the elder scrolls 6 can make and puts it at top priority.

I would kill for elder scrolls 6! Well... I'd kill pixilated badguys on a computer screen. I adore Skyrim, and can't wait for the next saga.

I would kill for elder scrolls 6! Well... I'd kill pixilated badguys on a computer screen. I adore Skyrim, and can't wait for the next saga.

You loved Skyrim eh? You want Elder Scrolls 6? Well, Have I got news for you!!!

We're releasing Skyrim for the tenth time! Now you can play Skyrim on your microwave!

I've tried getting back into Skyrim a bunch of times, but can't seem to find a good difficulty balance. Cranking the difficulty all the way up turns enemies into enormous sacks of hitpoints, and that just incentivizes me to craft ridiculously overpowered weapons so it doesn't take me half an hour to down every random dragon who comes after me. (oops I made a bow so powerful that if I attack from stealth it one-shots dragons) I've tried varying mods to improve the difficulty, but most of those seem to revolve around "GRITTY REALISM HAHAHA YOUR WEAPON JUST BROKE ISNT THAT FUN" type mechanic, or "whoops you stepped into an arbitrary area that's too cold, hope you have this arbitrary list of warm clothing"

Last edited:
You loved Skyrim eh? You want Elder Scrolls 6? Well, Have I got news for you!!!

We're releasing Skyrim for the tenth time! Now you can play Skyrim on your microwave!

I've tried getting back into Skyrim a bunch of times, but can't seem to find a good difficulty balance. Cranking the difficulty all the way up turns enemies into enormous sacks of hitpoints, and that just incentivizes me to craft ridiculously overpowered weapons so it doesn't take me half an hour to down every random dragon who comes after me. (oops I made a bow so powerful that if I attack from stealth it one-shots dragons) I've tried varying mods to improve the difficulty, but most of those seem to revolve around "GRITTY REALISM HAHAHA YOUR WEAPON JUST BROKE ISNT THAT FUN" type mechanic, or "whoops you stepped into an arbitrary area that's too cold, hope you have this arbitrary list of warm clothing"

I'm more into repeatedly attempting (and usually failing, lol) to create an entire world exactly the way I want it based not only on what my character does, but when she chooses to do it! I'm not as concerned about difficulty balance as I am by getting the results I want from all the quests; for example, I've learned if I get all of the Blades quests done completely before meeting Parthanux for the first time,, I will never have to choose between losing the Blades support or killing a dragon I don't want to kill. Win-win!

That's the beauty of Skyrim; there's always something to learn, someplace I stumble into that I've never seen, and I just love it! ;)

I loved skyrim, though I felt the rpg experience was dumbed down from oblivion and oblivion was dumbed down from morrowind.

Either way the new skyrim remakes are killing me, I was down with the hd remake, but now they want to keep remaking it, heck they wanted to remake skyrim again for the ps5 and the newest xbox, I mean really how long could they milk that before their fans give up.

I'm more into repeatedly attempting (and usually failing, lol) to create an entire world exactly the way I want it based not only on what my character does, but when she chooses to do it! I'm not as concerned about difficulty balance as I am by getting the results I want from all the quests; for example, I've learned if I get all of the Blades quests done completely before meeting Parthanux for the first time,, I will never have to choose between losing the Blades support or killing a dragon I don't want to kill. Win-win!

That's the beauty of Skyrim; there's always something to learn, someplace I stumble into that I've never seen, and I just love it! ;)

If you ever do get through the skyrim quests, there are mods to make the game more challenging, like survival mods and mods that remove the quest idiot markers so you have to talk to everyone and memorize everything instead the pointy thing on the map telling you what to do.

But you take the rpg experience to great extents, I always just join the dark brotherhood then the thieves guild making the game easy mode.

If you ever do get through the skyrim quests, there are mods to make the game more challenging, like survival mods and mods that remove the quest idiot markers so you have to talk to everyone and memorize everything instead the pointy thing on the map telling you what to do.

But you take the rpg experience to great extents, I always just join the dark brotherhood then the thieves guild making the game easy mode.

I'm on PC only, btw; however, I also have downloaded Hearthfire, Dragonborn and Dawnguard mods, and enjoy them all.

You're right, for me it's the RPG experience that never gets old, because one thing about Skyrim is how different every game is depending upon what quests your character undertakes and, sometimes even more important, when he/she undertakes them! I always go straight to Whiterun and do whatever it takes to buy my house there, which takes the pressure off how much stuff I can now store as I greedily travel the world collecting riches, lol. Then, to the thieves guild and concurrently, the beginning of visiting Windhelm in preparation for a lengthy side quest which eventually will open up another property purchase, which will be lost forever if one tarries too long before completing it.

By the end of each "game", which in my case is between lvl 67-70, when nearly everything I'm aware of has been completed...or failed because I screwed up... I own nine homes, and am the head of every faction except the dark brotherhood because, well, my gal is basically good (if slightly larcenous!) and the only time I completed the brotherhood quests I felt totally icky; so from then on I always wiped them out instead!

I do tend to agree with you that story-wise, Morrowind was the pinnacle, and Oblivion was slightly less so (I avoid "dumbed down" because I loved them both so much) but for me Skyrim became more of a world-building experience where the main story quests were pretty much something to get out of the way so I could concentrate on the fun stuff! Oh, and I love smithing and enchantment, and my characters always have the best kick-ass weapons available, so difficulty is rarely a factor!

Thanks for the suggestions and comments; I always enjoy chatting with others who enjoy the Elder Scrolls games as much as I do. :)

I'm on PC only, btw; however, I also have downloaded Hearthfire, Dragonborn and Dawnguard mods, and enjoy them all.

You're right, for me it's the RPG experience that never gets old, because one thing about Skyrim is how different every game is depending upon what quests your character undertakes and, sometimes even more important, when he/she undertakes them! I always go straight to Whiterun and do whatever it takes to buy my house there, which takes the pressure off how much stuff I can now store as I greedily travel the world collecting riches, lol. Then, to the thieves guild and concurrently, the beginning of visiting Windhelm in preparation for a lengthy side quest which eventually will open up another property purchase, which will be lost forever if one tarries too long before completing it.

By the end of each "game", which in my case is between lvl 67-70, when nearly everything I'm aware of has been completed...or failed because I screwed up... I own nine homes, and am the head of every faction except the dark brotherhood because, well, my gal is basically good (if slightly larcenous!) and the only time I completed the brotherhood quests I felt totally icky; so from then on I always wiped them out instead!

I do tend to agree with you that story-wise, Morrowind was the pinnacle, and Oblivion was slightly less so (I avoid "dumbed down" because I loved them both so much) but for me Skyrim became more of a world-building experience where the main story quests were pretty much something to get out of the way so I could concentrate on the fun stuff! Oh, and I love smithing and enchantment, and my characters always have the best kick-ass weapons available, so difficulty is rarely a factor!

Thanks for the suggestions and comments; I always enjoy chatting with others who enjoy the Elder Scrolls games as much as I do. :)
If you ever get bored of skyrim, you can download daggerfall for free from bethesda. That game is easily broken but also balls to the wall insane in rpg element. For one guilds in that game are limited, if you join any guild you blacklist yourself with opposing guilds, and very few in that game will work together. Basically daggerfall is one of those you sleep in the bed you made types of games.

Back
Top Bottom