• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Micron will spend $100 billion (CEO credits Dem lead CHIPS Act) building a new computer chip factory in upstate New York.

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
More great news for our country (and New York)...

The announcement comes after the passage of the CHIPS and Science Act. Micron's CEO credited the law's passage for making the investment possible.

That means the government is giving this CEO a very big pile of taxpayer dollars.

Biden's Billion$ have to go in somebody's pocket!

Spending other people's money is no reason to celebrate.

Weird, right wingers fell over themselves criticizing AOC for being against stuff like this...

That means the government is giving this CEO a very big pile of taxpayer dollars.
Why is this bad if they are being held accountable?
This is so very important for us. This admin is really impressing me. They are getting things done instead of braying about doing things. I like that.

Crucial makes excellent PC memory sticks. A little pricey, but the reliability is worth the price.
Yeah, I started using them when my passport shat itself.

I've never had any reason to complain.

Crucial makes excellent PC memory sticks. A little pricey, but the reliability is worth the price.

Yeah, I've bought Crucial before. Currently running Corsair ... US company too, though made in Taiwan.

It often is. Other people getting money excessively making society poorer is no reason to celebrate.

Supposedly this was between upstate NY, and a place in central Texas...

I'm sure there was money and incentives was involved, there always is. BUT, a tech company, needing 1,000s of high paying, young college educated people/families....

I wonder is anything else was involved in Micron's decision?? Book bannings? GOP war on schools and education in Red States? The GOP wanting to spy in everyone's bedrooms... Etc,...

And that area where they are going to build is right, smack dab in the path of the snow belt/;lake effect snows. They get some serious snow up there in most winters. Yet they picked there? Ummmmm?

BTW is nice seeing Trumpsters here cheering for American jobs.....lol....NOT...

Last edited:
Bravo President Biden!

In his own unassuming way, this guy is getting an awful lot done.

And that area where they are going to build is right, smack dab in the path of the snow belt/;take effect snows. They get some serious snow up there in most winters. Yet they picked there? Ummmmm?

Those big chips will need some serious cooling!

NY's tax burdens have put a damper on new business so IMO, trying to level the playing field looks like a win.

NY's tax burdens have put a damper on new business so IMO, trying to level the playing field looks like a win.

They're not "leveling the playing field" they are giving out piles of taxpayer money to specific, politically-connected corporations.

Supposedly this was between upstate NY, and a place in central Texas...

I'm sure there was money and incentives was involved, there always is. BUT, a tech company, needing 1,000s of high paying, young college educated people/families....

I wonder is anything else was involved in Micron's decision?? Book bannings? GOP war on schools and education in Red States? The GOP wanting to spy in everyone's bedrooms... Etc,...

And that area where they are going to build is right, smack dab in the path of the snow belt/;lake effect snows. They get some serious snow up there in most winters. Yet they picked there? Ummmmm?

BTW is nice seeing Trumpsters here cheering for American jobs.....lol....NOT...
This site is about 5 miles from where I grew up. Infrastructure is great, it's near major highways, there are no worries about drought, the cost of living is low and there are dozens of colleges for the company to work with to develop a workforce with the specific skills they need.

Snow? YUP. I personally would not live there.

They're not "leveling the playing field" they are giving out piles of taxpayer money to specific, politically-connected corporations.
Tell us you don't know how attracting corporate development works without telling us you don't know how attracting corporate development works.

you okay with China taking Taiwan?

Yeah Republicans never use tax payer money to entice corporations...

But wait.. I remember Walker and Trump going on and on about Foxconn in Wisconsin... Lol.. Those taxpayers got screwed out of $100's millions, and got almost nothing back from Foxconn... Let's hope NY does better with Micron...

Back
Top Bottom