• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan - It was only a matter of time until these idiots turned on each other

Jkca1

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"The first sentencing in the plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer last year was handed down Wednesday afternoon.

Ty Garbin, a 25-year-old airplane mechanic, was sentenced to 75 months in prison for charges of providing material support for terrorist acts and felony firearms charges. He will then serve three years of supervised released and has also been fined $2,500.

Garbin initially pleaded not guilty to the charges but changed his plea and cooperated with investigators (bold mine) within weeks of being arrested, The Associated Press reported. He willingly put a "target on his back to begin his own redemption," according to a court filing by the Department of Justice."

Good. One down.

"The first sentencing in the plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer last year was handed down Wednesday afternoon.

Ty Garbin, a 25-year-old airplane mechanic, was sentenced to 75 months in prison for charges of providing material support for terrorist acts and felony firearms charges. He will then serve three years of supervised released and has also been fined $2,500.

Garbin initially pleaded not guilty to the charges but changed his plea and cooperated with investigators (bold mine) within weeks of being arrested, The Associated Press reported. He willingly put a "target on his back to begin his own redemption," according to a court filing by the Department of Justice."
There is still a very good case of entrapment. This literally never would've planned if not for the FBI's involvement. That said, I don't feel sorry for these assholes but I'm concerned about the government making up dragons to slay.

He found out you can't fight it when you are entrapped by the FBI, so he made a deal.

Ty Garbin, a 25-year-old airplane mechanic,
Yikes!

was sentenced to 75 months in prison for charges of providing material support for terrorist acts and felony firearms charges. He will then serve three years of supervised released and has also been fined $2,500.

If no entrapment is involved, then give the co-operating witness 12 years.

So much for the nutty lie that this was really a left wing plot to make right wingers look bad.

He found out you can't fight it when you are entrapped by the FBI, so he made a deal.
lol....actually, that is exactly the kind of case you can win.

Typical rightwing "tough guys".
Threaten Gretchen Whitmer, and storm the Capitol.
When arrested, turn on each other.

What a bunch of p.....ies, IF they REALLY believed in their causes they would take whatever was coming to them. Mandela spent 27 years for what he believed in, these puffed up "macho men" suddenly turn yellow when facing jail time.

Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom