• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan GOP candidate for office tells his daughters " if rape is inevitable..

Subieguy

Todays GOP: wrong on EVERYTHING!!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
what a winner:

Having three daughters, I tell my daughters, ‘Well, if rape is inevitable, you should just lie back and enjoy it,’” Regan said roughly 10 minutes into the broadcast. “That’s not how we roll, that’s not how we won this election.”

sit back and enjoy it".........

Todays GOP folks. Any questions??? Even one of his daughters said for the public not to vote for him. Smart girl!!

Did you read this part of the story:

De Angeli also defended Regan later on the same broadcast, telling a commenter that Regan was describing what “you should not do.”

So the Huffington Post doesn't even know if it was taken out of context or not, but publishes that headline anyway?

I'd ask where they find these assholes, but I already know.

De Angeli also defended Regan later on the same broadcast, telling a commenter that Regan was describing what “you should not do.”

So the Huffington Post doesn't even know if it was taken out of context or not, but publishes that headline anyway?
An indefensible analogy, period.

I don't care what the context is, that comment is ****ed up and this guy should be nowhere near public office. No wonder his daughter said don't vote for him.

He told Bridge Michigan on Monday that his remark only meant that “nothing is inevitable.”

Oh, well now it all makes sense. :rolleyes:

“The only reason the (politically) left trolls attack you is because they know you're directly over the target, dropping direct hits on an issue. If you're not scoring hits, they leave you alone.”

Ah yes, the only reason he's being criticized is because he's just so good at attacking the left... even while admitting he sucks at speaking.

What a :poop:-head.

Given today's GOP full of dipshits like Jim Jordan, Ted Cruz, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and Matt Gaetz... this idiot from Michigan, Robert “RJ” Regan fill fit right in.

Next thing Regan will say is raise the kid as a "gift from God" after telling his daughters to enjoy being raped.

Welcome to today's GOP, err... Republican Taliban.

But Hey Everyone....the Republican Party will return to "normal" with Trump out of the picture...

That's what I keep hearing, anyway.

Some amazing quotations from this guy:

"You know, as a quote-unquote rich, white, Christian male, people look at me a certain way. And it’s not always good. So, everybody has obstacles to overcome"

"The only place where I really see systemic racism would be the abortion clinic cause they seem to target the African American community.”

Blah, blah, blah he was taken out of context. Republicans can't be taken out of context they are the context.

Lol

I don't care what the context is...

And that is a big part of what's wrong with our society today. Not only are people all too willing to accept anything the media tells them as long as it conforms to their political beliefs, but we have a news media that has abandoned journalistic standards and ethics to prop up a political agenda.

You just made it clear that the truth of the story is irrelevant, and you are good with that. In your eyes he's a bad man, therefore negative reporting is what you want to see, even if it isn't true.

And that is a big part of what's wrong with our society today. Not only are people all too willing to accept anything the media tells them as long as it conforms to their political beliefs, but we have a news media that has abandoned journalistic standards and ethics to prop up a political agenda.

You just made it clear that the truth of the story is irrelevant, and you are good with that. In your eyes he's a bad man, therefore negative reporting is what you want to see, even if it isn't true.
You aren't fooling anyone.

if "you ain't black" wasn't enough to make you angry, then progressives can shove this out of context crap.

You didn't build that.

You aren't fooling anyone.
Than it's a good thing I wasn't attempting to fool anyone.

I really shouldn't be surprised that people here would take my comment criticizing the Huffington Post, and try to turn it into something that better satisfies their ideological hatred for those they disagree with politically.

Did he say it or not? As I said, the context doesn't matter because he was a dumbass for saying it. Even he pretty much admits it. But go ahead and make this about the media. Conservatives are truly one-trick ponies.

Did he say it or not? As I said, the context doesn't matter because he was a dumbass for saying it. Even he pretty much admits it. But go ahead and make this about the media. Conservatives are truly one-trick ponies.
Context ALWAYS matters and by saying that it doesn't, you show that you are willingly part of the problem.

He may well have said it in the context that the Huffington Post headline implies, but since they have a first hand witness that claims otherwise, it was irresponsible for them to report it as a fact, and down right dishonest for people like you to embrace it that way.

Facts matter... The truth matters... And as long as there are people like yourself who think it's ok for the news media to lie and/or mislead the public as long as it agrees with your ideological and political beliefs, then this country's days of being "united' are numbered.

Context ALWAYS matters and by saying that it doesn't, you show that you are willingly part of the problem.

In what context is it okay to use the analogy of using your own daughters getting raped?
He may well have said it in the context that the Huffington Post headline implies, but since they have a first hand witness that claims otherwise, it was irresponsible for them to report it as a fact, and down right dishonest for people like you to embrace it that way.

And do you know what that first hand witness said? Specifically.

Facts matter... The truth matters... And as long as there are people like yourself who think it's ok for the news media to lie and/or mislead the public as long as it agrees with your ideological and political beliefs, then this country's days of being "united' are numbered.

:rolleyes:

And do you know what that first hand witness said? Specifically.
Did you read the article?

If not, did you read my first post on this thread?

If you answered "yes" to either of those, why are you wasting my time?

Back
Top Bottom