• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan GOP candidate for office tells his daughters " if rape is inevitable..

Did you read this part of the story:

De Angeli also defended Regan later on the same broadcast, telling a commenter that Regan was describing what “you should not do.”

So the Huffington Post doesn't even know if it was taken out of context or not, but publishes that headline anyway?
You guys always jump to defend the biggest scumbags. Why is that?

Did you read the article?

If not, did you read my first post on this thread?

If you answered "yes" to either of those, why are you wasting my time?
You're wasting MY time by refusing to answer my question.

It is a head scratcher. Grim sells himself as a 'rational-thinking' conservative who just doesnt like the extremes of either side. Considering who he constantly defends I think this is a classic case of actions speaking louder than words.

Than it's a good thing I wasn't attempting to fool anyone.

I really shouldn't be surprised that people here would take my comment criticizing the Huffington Post, and try to turn it into something that better satisfies their ideological hatred for those they disagree with politically.

Sure you are. You are trying to fool us into believing that if a Democrat would have said this you wouldn't be crying about it.

It is a head scratcher. Grim sells himself as a 'rational-thinking' conservative who just doesnt like the extremes of either side. Considering who he constantly defends I think this is a classic case of actions speaking louder than words.
A level headed Conservative that touts James O'Keefe? I don't think so.

Context ALWAYS matters and by saying that it doesn't, you show that you are willingly part of the problem.

He may well have said it in the context that the Huffington Post headline implies, but since they have a first hand witness that claims otherwise, it was irresponsible for them to report it as a fact, and down right dishonest for people like you to embrace it that way.

Facts matter... The truth matters... And as long as there are people like yourself who think it's ok for the news media to lie and/or mislead the public as long as it agrees with your ideological and political beliefs, then this country's days of being "united' are numbered.
You didn't build that.

Sure you are. You are trying to fool us into believing that if a Democrat would have said this you wouldn't be crying about it.
My comment isn't about politics, it's about the media.

If you disagree, then please point out what part of the following indicated to you that it was anything other than about the Huffington Post's coverage:

Did you read this part of the story:

De Angeli also defended Regan later on the same broadcast, telling a commenter that Regan was describing what “you should not do.”

So the Huffington Post doesn't even know if it was taken out of context or not, but publishes that headline anyway?

If you disagree, then please point out what part of the following indicated to you that it was anything other than about the Huffington Post's coverage:
Convenient.

You can listen to it yourself.

here he is...

Robert Regan, Michigan House candidate, upsets with rape comment - Bestinau

They all say the same crap. I don't believe it for a second.

I am rather impressed there is someone defending this guy.

we know why, but rule permit saying so

\

Not really, partisan people who do nothing but troll lie all the time, that's part of the trolling

Given today's GOP full of dipshits like Jim Jordan, Ted Cruz, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and Matt Gaetz... this idiot from Michigan, Robert “RJ” Regan fill fit right in.

Next thing Regan will say is raise the kid as a "gift from God" after telling his daughters to enjoy being raped.

Welcome to today's GOP, err... Republican Taliban.

I have seen a Christian repeatedly say this crap. He constantly told the same old lie: "It does not matter how the baby was conceived . . ."

Uh, what? To be a gift from God, the baby must be conceived by a heterosexual married Christian couple. That is what the Bible says.

Back
Top Bottom