• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan cop on Black man's back, fatally shot him

Apparently so. He was asked for his drivers license. Instead he threw hands and tried to steal and shoot the cop with his own taser and do god knows what after that.

You have expectations of cops. Fine. I have expectations that citizens act like human beings instead of rabid animals in response to a reasonable request from a cop.
You don't expect law enforcement not to shoot people dead in the back of the head during a struggle?

Last edited:
And it sounds like you never watched the videos. Your trolling needs work.
Explain how the struggle justifies the cop shooting the perp in the back of the head while pinning him to the grass.

What I meant by that, Jay, is that the man was not subdued, cuffed, or showing any signs of being compliant.
I understood what you meant. What I meant was while Chauvin chose to slowly choke his victim, this cop decided to end it quickly with a shot to the back of the head. Both were murder.

I understood what you meant. What I meant was while Chauvin chose to slowly choke his victim, this cop decided to end it quickly with a shot to the back of the head. Both were murder.
Yes.

Here's what the police should do: "officer calling for backup. Traffic violation. I'll wait here. I don't know why he's running."

It would take thousands of hours of training but we can do it!

In the "good old days," officers and police departments would adopt "the-line-of-least-resistance," closing ranks and a code of silence - misplaced loyalties where the "bad apples" could assume that they'd always be given the benefit of the doubt!

George Floyd and other recent high profile cases have demonstrated conclusively that in an age where everyone has access to video, this "benefit of the doubt" has been replaced by conclusive visual evidence!

Public pressure has forced officers, their unions and police departments to confront the "hard truths" - video evidence has exposed and openly challenged the traditional "enabler culture" that tolerated and rewarded "bad behavior!"

Last edited:
In the "good old days," officers and police departments would adopt "the-line-of-least-resistance," closing ranks and a code of silence - misplaced loyalties where the "bad apples" could assume that they'd always be given the benefit of the doubt!

George Floyd and other recent high profile cases have demonstrated conclusively that in an age where everyone has access to video, this "benefit of the doubt" has been replaced by conclusive visual evidence - public pressure has forced officers, their unions and police departments to confront the "hard truths", an "enabler culture" that tolerates and rewards "bad behavior" is unsustainable!
Did you see the remake of sicario? Same plot but he’s the bad guy now. No I don’t get it.

Oh wait serpico. It’s not real whatever it is. Stories.

So you give up because I asked you if the man grabbed the police officer between the officer grabbed the man and the man ran away? But you put so much time into deciding why the man was scary, if you look harder you can do it!
The suspect started walking away. The cop grabbed his shoulder. The suspect started fighting with the cop.

The suspect is the one that escalated things every step of the way.

Explain how the struggle justifies the cop shooting the perp in the back of the head while pinning him to the grass.
When the cop shot the suspect the suspect was in possession of the cop's taser and it would have taken a split second for him to REASONABLY used it on the cop. The suspect was already aggressive and combative. The suspect had escalated the situation every step of the way and it was perfectly reasonable for the cop to believe that if the suspect managed to incapacitate him he would also grab his gun and use it against him.

The suspect started walking away. The cop grabbed his shoulder. The suspect started fighting with the cop.

The suspect is the one that escalated things every step of the way.
Objectively not true but I encourage you to explore your fear. If he escalated things you could give me a time stamp. You’ve obviously been looking and didn’t find any point where he did something scary but maybe find out if he was a drug user years earlier?

When the cop shot the suspect the suspect was in possession of the cop's taser and it would have taken a split second for him to REASONABLY used it on the cop. The suspect was already aggressive and combative. The suspect had escalated the situation every step of the way and it was perfectly reasonable for the cop to believe that if the suspect managed to incapacitate him he would also grab his gun and use it against him.
So you know the suspect had the cops taser or are you assuming?

You need to take a moment. Your final argument can’t be running was scary. You’ll find a reason but I promise running isn’t what you’ll go with.

We really need a non-lethal, non-painful "knock-a-person-out-cold-but-safely-and-reliably" device for law enforcement. This would neatly solve all the disproportionate-force issues; a person flaunts the law, they get comfortably knocked out for a couple of hours and wake up in a clean but spare holding cell to cool their heels and meet their lawyer. Too often we have a person disobeying the law either intentionally or inadvertently, confronted by a police officer whose only tools are ineffective words, escalatory taser and a life-ending gun.

We need phasers on stun, or that stun gun thing the Stormtrooper used on Princess Leia.

We really need a non-lethal, non-painful "knock-a-person-out-cold-but-safely-and-reliably" device for law enforcement. This would neatly solve all the disproportionate-force issues; a person flaunts the law, they get comfortably knocked out for a couple of hours and wake up in a clean but spare holding cell to cool their heels and meet their lawyer. Too often we have a person disobeying the law either intentionally or inadvertently, confronted by a police officer whose only tools are ineffective words, escalatory taser and a life-ending gun.

We need phasers on stun, or that stun gun thing the Stormtrooper used on Princess Leia.
Cloven bundy showed how it’s done. They filmed themselves screaming “I’ll shoot you!” And led the police on a high speed chase and then had a long stand off and after the third time the man promised to murder the police one of them shot twice. He was investigated twice and is being sued for it.

So you know the suspect had the cops taser or are you assuming?
In one of the videos you can see him with his hand on it. In another video you can hear the cop yelling at him to drop the taser and you can also hear it discharge.

You need to take a moment. Your final argument can’t be running was scary. You’ll find a reason but I promise running isn’t what you’ll go with.
I didn't say that running was scary. I said that it was a threat.

Watch the whole thing. Watch all four of them. Cherry picking pieces and parts is likely a big part of why you have the opinions you do.
The goose was cooked when the color of skin was mentioned.

I didn't say that running was scary. I said that it was a threat.
A threat to the other marathon runners? No he was a biological man you’re looking for another thread. You said running was cause for fear. And also that backup had been called and the cop was grabbed first. You’re trying everything and I’m telling you again, take more time. You’ve watched four videos, maybe the fifth will show something other than what happened. Until then the police officer with a gun was scared of the man running away instead of fighting back. You can’t go with that. It’s the worst possible take. I’m being helpful, trust me. Start by finding out why other people think it was scary and then agree so that the one collective lie will become true. Your three lies can’t become true, only you understand how your account makes sense. That’s why nobody else will post, they read what you said and realized it’s such a pathetic effort to find a reason to justify murder.

Running away is the least threatening thing a person can do.

A threat to the other marathon runners? No he was a biological man you’re looking for another thread. You said running was cause for fear. And also that backup had been called and the cop was grabbed first. You’re trying everything and I’m telling you again, take more time. You’ve watched four videos, maybe the fifth will show something other than what happened. Until then the police officer with a gun was scared of the man running away instead of fighting back. You can’t go with that. It’s the worst possible take. I’m being helpful, trust me. Start by finding out why other people think it was scary and then agree so that the one collective lie will become true. Your three lies can’t become true, only you understand how your account makes sense. That’s why nobody else will post, they read what you said and realized it’s such a pathetic effort to find a reason to justify murder.
Running away might not be a threat to the cop but it is DEFINITELY a threat to the community that the cop is tasked to protect. When someone flees from the prospect of getting a civil violation it's a rather clear indication that the reason for fleeing is fear of the cop discovering CRIMINAL activity. If, for example, the guy had a gun or drugs on him (there is no indication that was the case here) he would reasonably be concerned that instead of getting a ticket he was going to go to jail and THAT is why most of these guys run. Maybe the car was stolen. Maybe he had a warrant. Maybe he had a gram of coke and panicked. Whatever the reason, fighting and running is a damned good indication that he was engaged in more than just driving with the wrong plates.

Yeah....because somewhere, these black men have been taught to resist and fight cops

I dont know where they learned this, or why.....but it is a REALLY BAD LESSON....and needs to be unlearned fast

I dunno....maybe they think there manhood is being questioned....i just dont get it.....

Take the damn ticket.....and fight it in court
Or we'll murder you [which is ok if you're black].

Just another incident showing all the reasons cops should NEVER engage blacks.

Really, it feels like the conservative ''law and order'' agenda is all about having militarized police goose-stepping all over black people.

Many agencies do not report shootings by police at all.

The Ahmed Avery case draws a line under that fact.
What? How?

Back
Top Bottom