• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan bans Open Carry on election

This is idiotic pure grandstanding and fear mongering. I hope the citizens of Michigan do everything in their power to overturn this stupidity

Lots of places (like big cities) don't allow open carry at all.

Cry me a river if people can't take thier guns to the polls.

Especially in Michigan.......

9741337d27dfb86dcf3471d398808d72cbfc26e9.jpg

Looks like the aftermath of the Okla. city bombing. Not sure of the relevance to Mich. However
Your friendly neighborhood peaceful protest?

We don't want people with guns scaring away voters from the polls.

If people behaved reasonably, we wouldn't have to have such laws.

Yep! They made it illegal to open carry at a polling house, so no a potential mass shooter will decide not to shoot up a polling house, because open carry is...illegal.

Masks should be banned from polling houses, too.

Keep and bear arms
yes, which doesn't say that they cannot be regulated from being carried in the open...no where does it say the government cannot dictate that you cannot carry them in public areas....for instance schools, church, banks, etc...and even on the street...you can keep them in your home, but that is about all the Constitution protects.

yes, which doesn't say that they cannot be regulated from being carried in the open...no where does it say the government cannot dictate that you cannot carry them in public areas....for instance schools, church, banks, etc...and even on the street...you can keep them in your home, but that is about all the Constitution protects.
No place does the constitution give the government the power to regulate such things.

This is idiotic pure grandstanding and fear mongering. I hope the citizens of Michigan do everything in their power to overturn this stupidity
BS, here in Texas we are smart enough to know that people should not be carrying guns into Courthouses, the Capital, or Polling Stations, Michigan needs to update their laws.

Guns do not belong at a polling station.

I would support guns at a polling station if there was a serious national threat going on, which there is not.
Well, then I knew we would finally agree on something.

If someone harasses voters press charges. If someone is afraid at the sight of a gun tell them get over themselves and respect the rights of others
What do trump's poll watchers need guns for? Just curious.

What do trump's poll watchers need guns for? Just curious.
Need is not a factor. You don't have to show a need to exercise your rights

Need is not a factor. You don't have to show a need to exercise your rights
Remember these types of answers when the dems take over.
Let me rephrase. What reason do these folks feel they need their firearms? What vote are they protecting? Are the russians coming?

Remember these types of answers when the dems take over.
Let me rephrase. What reason do these folks feel they need their firearms? What vote are they protecting? Are the russians coming?
You would need to ask those folks why I can not speak as to their motives

You would need to ask those folks why I can not speak as to their motives
Intimidation. This will be my tenth presidential election and I have never before trump seen this kind of crap. The whole country is in turmoil due to him and his minions.

Churches and banks are private property, so you bet your ass the government doesn't have the power to tell you that you can't carry in a church, or a bank.

Intimidation. This will be my tenth presidential election and I have never before trump seen this kind of crap. The whole country is in turmoil due to him and his minions.

Whose threatening to show up, armed at the polling house?

Nope, the bible doesn't say you have a right to carry a gun.

God Given rights have NOTHING to do with the Bible

Yep

Churches and banks are private property, so you bet your ass the government doesn't have the power to tell you that you can't carry in a church, or a bank.
Oh but they can...banks are FDIC insured...which means there is a government interest. Airlines are also private, try carrying one on the airplane...see where that gets you.

Back
Top Bottom