• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan bans Open Carry on election

Chillfolks

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

This is idiotic pure grandstanding and fear mongering. I hope the citizens of Michigan do everything in their power to overturn this stupidity

We don't want people with guns scaring away voters from the polls.

If people behaved reasonably, we wouldn't have to have such laws.

Yeah Cons lost their shit when two black guys stood outside a polling place in Philly, but showing off AR's at a polling place is AOK. ****ing losers.

This is idiotic pure grandstanding and fear mongering. I hope the citizens of Michigan do everything in their power to overturn this stupidity
Yep just put the thought out there and they won't come.

If someone harasses voters press charges. If someone is afraid at the sight of a gun tell them get over themselves and respect the rights of others

="swing_voter, post: 1072816884, member: 35045"]
In all honesty no one was probably really thinking much about it until the [D] put it out there.
Are scare tactics an example of acting reasonable?

More Michigan totalitarianism. Now even some lower official claims that he can just outright erase the legislature entirely just like the governor did.

Actually, this is SOP at my polling place - not even allowing concealed. Not sure if it's state law, or county?

If someone harasses voters press charges. If someone is afraid at the sight of a gun tell them get over themselves and respect the rights of others

It'll probably get worked out in the courts.

TYRANNY!!

lol

But I agree, this is grandstanding and there's no reason to ban open carry. If there is voter intimidation going on, then the police should be called. Though I would have thought that it was standard that one couldn't bring weapons to polling places in general.

TYRANNY!!

lol

But I agree, this is grandstanding and there's no reason to ban open carry. If there is voter intimidation going on, then the police should be called.
That's too much like common sense, there is no place for that in today's politics

What is his authority to create non-existent criminal laws rather than the elected legislature doing so? Once again we see the rabid hatred of democracy by Democratic officials - so intense that just self declare themselves to be all powerful tyrants for which it is a crime to defy them.

The goal is to allow Antifa and BLM to scare people way by making it known no one can defend themselves.

The goal is to allow Antifa and BLM to scare people way by making it known no one can defend themselves.
O don't think that's the reason.i think iys all about solving a problem that isn't sn issue simply to claim they did something

There is no constitutional right to open carry...you can own a gun...the Constitution does not guarantee that you can carry it out in the open.

no one needs a bang bang to vote. vote by mail like the precious and Renfield.

There is no constitutional right to open carry...you can own a gun...the Constitution does not guarantee that you can carry it out in the open.
Keep and bear arms

no one needs a bang bang to vote. vote by mail like the precious and Renfield.
Need is not a factor. You don't get to tell others what they do or don't need

Need is not a factor. You don't get to tell others what they do or don't need

that sounds really hardcore and satisfying to type. i guess i can see why someone would have an uncontrollable desire to be packing heavy artillery at the voting machine. do AKs have this thing in the stock which tells time? that could come in handy for long voting lines.

Yep, it's scary to see a gun in a holster?

You are correct

It's a "God given right"

That precedes even the constitution(wink)

Guns do not belong at a polling station.

I would support guns at a polling station if there was a serious national threat going on, which there is not.

Guns do not belong at a polling station.

I would support guns at a polling station if there was a serious national threat going on, which there is not.

serious national threat going on, which there is not.

Is being in a 27 TRILLION(And counting) national debt a "Serious National Threat"?(LOL)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom