• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michelle Obama Highlights Kids, Gun Violence.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Yes.....Team Obama is having Michele incorporate Guns and Immigration into her agenda. Which she has a higher approval rating than Obama. So they are going to keep hammering away at trying to get those Gun Control Issues into play. Note her remarks. When did it become the Obligation of the Country to make sure that the Children grow up to be adults? How ya like the way she tells those Democratic Donors that all these kids think of is staying alive? Thoughts.

A second term as first lady finds Michelle Obama using her spotlight to draw attention to another issue involving the welfare of the nation's children: kids and gun violence.

A meeting with high school students from a poor, gang-riddled neighborhood in her hometown of Chicago led Mrs. Obama to put a new spin on the stalled legislative debate over whether to ban firearms or impose new background checks on people who want to buy guns.

24aec90b848c5218380f6a706700b03b.jpg

Mrs. Obama argues that the debate is also about the country's obligation to help kids like these grow up and become adults.

The first lady faces immigration, another new issue for her, when she gives the keynote speech Tuesday at the annual conference of the National Council of La Raza, a Latino advocacy group. Immigration is one of President Barack Obama's top second-term priorities.

Aides say the first lady isn't making gun violence a new and distinct issue, but is folding it into her work encouraging youth to focus on getting an education.

At three fundraisers one day in May — one in Boston and two in New York — Mrs. Obama described the meeting she had with some of the "best and brightest" students at Harper High School, including the valedictorian, a star athlete and ROTC participants.

But instead of "reveling in the joys of their youth," like completing college applications, planning for the prom or getting a driver's license, she told the audiences of Democratic donors that "these young people were consumed with staying alive
.".....snip~

Michelle Obama highlights kids, gun violence

Course Obama came into town too. To have talks over economics. Course it was to raise some money from his newly started political groups.

Yes.....Team Obama is having Michele incorporate Guns and Immigration into her agenda. Which she has a higher approval rating than Obama. So they are going to keep hammering away at trying to get those Gun Control Issues into play. Note her remarks. When did it become the Obligation of the Country to make sure that the Children grow up to be adults? How ya like the way she tells those Democratic Donors that all these kids think of is staying alive? Thoughts.

A second term as first lady finds Michelle Obama using her spotlight to draw attention to another issue involving the welfare of the nation's children: kids and gun violence.

A meeting with high school students from a poor, gang-riddled neighborhood in her hometown of Chicago led Mrs. Obama to put a new spin on the stalled legislative debate over whether to ban firearms or impose new background checks on people who want to buy guns.

Mrs. Obama argues that the debate is also about the country's obligation to help kids like these grow up and become adults.

The first lady faces immigration, another new issue for her, when she gives the keynote speech Tuesday at the annual conference of the National Council of La Raza, a Latino advocacy group. Immigration is one of President Barack Obama's top second-term priorities.

Aides say the first lady isn't making gun violence a new and distinct issue, but is folding it into her work encouraging youth to focus on getting an education.

At three fundraisers one day in May — one in Boston and two in New York — Mrs. Obama described the meeting she had with some of the "best and brightest" students at Harper High School, including the valedictorian, a star athlete and ROTC participants.

But instead of "reveling in the joys of their youth," like completing college applications, planning for the prom or getting a driver's license, she told the audiences of Democratic donors that "these young people were consumed with staying alive
.".....snip~

Course Obama came into town too. To have talks over economics. Course it was to raise some money from his newly started political groups.

MMC. You're really criticizing her message? Frankly, it's one I wish she'd been hammering home for the last 5 years.

This:

And this:

But instead of "reveling in the joys of their youth," like completing college applications, planning for the prom or getting a driver's license, she told the audiences of Democratic donors that "these young people were consumed with staying alive."

Worthy messages that should be hammered home every chance we get.

What, MMC? Slow day? ;)

I remember sitting outside my son's school early this year watching all the little kids come running out at the end of the day so excited and happy just to be alive and started thinking about Newtown and all the accidents and such and I will say it had an impact on me. I still do not buy into the autocrat spin that anything they propose would work, but it did at least motivate me to move most of my guns out of my house and to my brother's house where he has a mega gun room and no little kids in the place.

MMC. You're really criticizing her message? Frankly, it's one I wish she'd been hammering home for the last 5 years.

This:

And this:

What, MMC? Slow day? ;)

Anything to criticize Obama Maggie, that's how he operates.

This:

And this:

What, MMC? Slow day? ;)

Well Maggie.....I don't think it is the Obligation of the Country to make sure kids grow up to be adults. Not unless they are government owned. Also I don't think these kids weren't mentioning to her what their dreams and hopes are. Or how they want to get out. That they would embellish more on some gun issues. Or just about staying alive.

This is the First Lady. So I think they would be talking a lot about their hopes and dreams.

Also I wanted to point out how Team Obama isn't just going to walk away from the Gun issues. Hence their renewed focus. This time it isn't just going to be Obama and some Democrats. This time they are bringing Mo Money Michelle to help with the impact.

Well Maggie.....I don't think it is the Obligation of the Country to make sure kids grow up to be adults.

It 100% is. Unless you want our country to go down the ****ter. We already have a piss poor education system.

Well Maggie.....I don't think it is the Obligation of the Country to make sure kids grow up to be adults. Not unless they are government owned. Also I don't think these kids weren't mentioning to her what their dreams and hopes are. Or how they want to get out. That they would embellish more on some gun issues. Or just about staying alive.

This is the First Lady. So I think they would be talking a lot about their hopes and dreams.

Also I wanted to point out how Team Obama isn't just going to walk away from the Gun issues. Hence their renewed focus. This time it isn't just going to be Obama and some Democrats. This time they are bringing Mo Money Michelle to help with the impact.

I feel your pain. But still, I disagree with you on this issue. (Rarely, I might add, since you're generally spot on about Chicago.)

If there's one solitary thing the government should be responsible for, it's the safety of its children. We've talked about Chicago's war zones many times in the past, and I know we both agree there. Anything that highlights government's abject failure to protect these inner-city neighborhoods is going to get an A+ from me.

Frankly, I wish she'd spent the last 5, and would spend the next 3, talking about government's other abject failure in these neighborhoods: Education.

Anything to criticize Obama Maggie, that's how he operates.

Awww......get over it. Did you need a tissue? Maybe if you had a clue as to what he was all about. That is if you actually knew a whole lot about him. Then you can talk. Until then.....he rates just like most other Liberals and progressives. Which I will talk **** about them anywhere and anytime.

It 100% is. Unless you want our country to go down the ****ter. We already have a piss poor education system.

Well quit advocating to involve the federal government in Education. That will put an end to the Country going down the ****ter.

Awww......get over it. Did you need a tissue? Maybe if you had a clue as to what he was all about. That is if you actually knew a whole lot about him. Then you can talk. Until then.....he rates just like most other Liberals and progressives. Which I will talk **** about them anywhere and anytime.

Hint, just because your in Chicago doesn't mean you have any special insider info on him.

Hint, just because your in Chicago doesn't mean you have any special insider info on him.

I will say this. Being Illinoisans and, in MMC's case, a Chicagoan -- interested in fiscal responsibility -- we have the unfortunate distinction of going broke as we watch the "Democrat Process" at work at both our state and local levels.

I feel your pain. But still, I disagree with you on this issue. (Rarely, I might add, since you're generally spot on about Chicago.)

If there's one solitary thing the government should be responsible for, it's the safety of its children. We've talked about Chicago's war zones many times in the past, and I know we both agree there. Anything that highlights government's abject failure to protect these inner-city neighborhoods is going to get an A+ from me.

Frankly, I wish she'd spent the last 5, and would spend the next 3, talking about government's other abject failure in these neighborhoods: Education.

Yeah, but Maggie she didn't say safe.....she said it is the Country's Obligation to make sure they grow up. I think it is the Parents responsibility to lead that way. Then those around the parents. Community wise before State and state before the Federal Government.

Also she isn't talking about it in a way that government has failed.

Another thing both her and Obama came for the Political.....and hit up his Political Action Group he started.

Hint Right back.....One thing is for certain. I got 10 times more than you do. If not 100 times more. Plus I am willing to bet I know more of him than what you got in supporting his ass.

That's thing about liberals and Progressives. Not once do they ever take a look at what they do, and how they act. At their own damn ****. That Is what is taking this country down.

Have to remember with them.....All rules were meant to be broken. Sooner or later.

Last edited:
I remember sitting outside my son's school early this year watching all the little kids come running out at the end of the day so excited and happy just to be alive and started thinking about Newtown and all the accidents and such and I will say it had an impact on me. I still do not buy into the autocrat spin that anything they propose would work, but it did at least motivate me to move most of my guns out of my house and to my brother's house where he has a mega gun room and no little kids in the place.

Cause you're afraid one of them is going to go postal on you? :shock:

Respectfully Maggie, where do you think billions of education and welfare dollars have been spent? How much is enough? When are local entities going to accept that using the FedGov policies just don't work when it comes to the urban 'raising' of children?

Idea: Go out into the country and see how those kids are raised. With respect for adults who garner respect. With parental involvement. With strong morals. With strong work ethics. With healthy living standards. etc.

Well hopefully those kids weren't thinking about Newtown, Aurora, or any of those major shootings. Everyone should understand keeping kids safe is a priority.

Even the negative elements of society. Such as the bangers.....do attempt to protect their own neighborhoods and people. Some are efficient with it on their turf.

Also I would note that the Article states she put a new spin on the Stalled Debate. That's what they are saying. Not that they lost. Just that the Gun issue for Obama is stalled. Now it has a new Spin.
sarcasm2.gif

Respectfully Maggie, where do you think billions of education and welfare dollars have been spent? How much is enough? When are local entities going to accept that using the FedGov policies just don't work when it comes to the urban 'raising' of children?

Idea: Go out into the country and see how those kids are raised. With respect for adults who garner respect. With parental involvement. With strong morals. With strong work ethics. With healthy living standards. etc.

I don't disagree.

Because eventually I could slip up and one of my kids could get their hands on a gun in which case a 6 year old and a 3 year old might do lord knows what with one.

.".....snip~

I wonder if Michelle understands nobody elected her, and she really doesn't mean anything at all.....

I know what you are getting at WCH.....which you do see in some of those Communities. Its not just the parents that the kids respect. It is Others. Teachers, Park Personnel, Firefighters, Counselors, the Neighbors next door and across the street. Themselves first and foremost.

Because eventually I could slip up and one of my kids could get their hands on a gun in which case a 6 year old and a 3 year old might do lord knows what with one.
You probably know this but, it's NEVER too early to start the process of familiarizing them with firearms. If there no questions in their little brains, it takes all the mystery out and lessens the chances of that ever happening.

Just sayin

I know what you are getting at WCH.....which you do see in some of those Communities. Its not just the parents that the kids respect. It is Others. Teachers, Park Personnel, Firefighters, Counselors, the Neighbors next door and across the street. Themselves first and foremost.
yes Sir!

I wonder if Michelle understands nobody elected her, and she really doesn't mean anything at all.....

Heya DT.....I wouldn't say that myself. She has a higher favorability rating than Obama does. Moreover she isn't look at as a Divider as he is. You can bet this is going to garner some more support than What Obama had last time.

Now they have Jesse , Al and Shartones going after SYG states and those laws. Bloomberg and the Mayors. Plus Bloomberg propping puppets up in other states. Just over the Gun issues alone.

As well as the MS Media and Most of Hollywood all coming out in opposition to the NRA and to support Obama.

He just had a meeting at the White House with some more Entertainers. Actors and actresses, Musicians. All young and to go after those Younger people about his Healthcare, Guns, and Immigration. The next group he is meeting with are comedians.

As Obama knows to make his Healthcare work he has to have those younger people and their money to prop it up.

So its going to be a full blitz coming this time.

Nah.....it would be more like Most of the Liberals and Progressives. Afraid to man up. Usually they don't tremble while running their mouths. Its afterwards.

No, it isn't. The country did fine when parents, family members, and communities raised children, there was less violence as a general rule, with notable exceptions in a few charged decades. I don't owe people I never meet anything, I might volunteer help, advice, etc. but it is not my responsibility, nor the federal government's. State, local, sure, they have the enumerated powers within a certain lattitude for these matters, but they have their own limitations as well. American education has in fact been slipping since the "communal responsibility" years, so bad that many third world countrys are outpacing us. We have kids that can't spell cat, but are made to feel like confident anyway.

To repeat, I do not owe children my rights, and will not give them up. I do not owe them my property or labor, and have no intention of giving that up without a legal fight. I owe the Obamas nothing, they have little actual substance to the years they've tainted the White House, and frankly when they're gone I'll celebrate. :peace

Back
Top Bottom