• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michelle O: Like, Like, You Know, Like, Dude, You Know?

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Michelle Obama is kicking off the publicity tour for her new book, “Becoming,” but her first media appearance got off to a rocky start.

Despite being heavily edited so she spoke for little more than 45 seconds, Michelle Obama sounded more like a millennial girl chatting on Snapchat than a former First Lady. Throughout her responses to ABC’s Robin Roberts, she repeatedly said “like,” “you know?” “um,” and even, “dude.”

“Barack Obama has always walked like Barack Obama, like, he has got all the time in the world,” she said of their first meeting. “He had that stride. I was, like, ‘Dude, you're cute,’ but in my mind, I was, like --“

Overall Obama said “you know” 10 times, “like” 9 times, and “um,” “yeah,” and “what?” another five times.

“You know, the hard parts were the things I expected,” Obama told Roberts. “That it’s going to be hard, you know? So much of this country lives in isolation and we just don’t know each other and so there were people who didn’t know what a black woman was and sounded like, and so I knew that was going to be a challenge.”

Check out the montage above to see how the “girl from the south side of Chicago,” as the president often refers to her, now sounds like a girl from the valley.

https://news.grabien.com/story-michelle-o-you-know-dude-you-know

Valley Girl...LAFRIOT!!!

So why exactly is this garbage in the breaking news section?

Michelle Obama is kicking off the publicity tour for her new book, “Becoming,” but her first media appearance got off to a rocky start.

Despite being heavily edited so she spoke for little more than 45 seconds, Michelle Obama sounded more like a millennial girl chatting on Snapchat than a former First Lady. Throughout her responses to ABC’s Robin Roberts, she repeatedly said “like,” “you know?” “um,” and even, “dude.”

“Barack Obama has always walked like Barack Obama, like, he has got all the time in the world,” she said of their first meeting. “He had that stride. I was, like, ‘Dude, you're cute,’ but in my mind, I was, like --“

Overall Obama said “you know” 10 times, “like” 9 times, and “um,” “yeah,” and “what?” another five times.

“You know, the hard parts were the things I expected,” Obama told Roberts. “That it’s going to be hard, you know? So much of this country lives in isolation and we just don’t know each other and so there were people who didn’t know what a black woman was and sounded like, and so I knew that was going to be a challenge.”

Check out the montage above to see how the “girl from the south side of Chicago,” as the president often refers to her, now sounds like a girl from the valley.

Valley Girl...LAFRIOT!!!

Great to see her comments in her book where she kicked trump's fat ass.....Impressive really

Valley Girl...LAFRIOT!!!

What a stupid post. Not Breaking news.

Great to see her comments in her book where she kicked trump's fat ass.....Impressive really

omg- did you hear that she was afraid for kids' lives because Trump questioned Baracks' birth cetificate.

VERRRRRy scarey stuff!!!!

and not a bunch of BS either!!

<barely muffled giggled>

Valley Girl...LAFRIOT!!!

Wow. Breaking News --- someone speaks how I don't think they should speak. Hide your children, folks!

Valley Girl...LAFRIOT!!!

I'm having a flashback to when Obama was president and dumb stuff like this was all the right had.

omg- did you hear that she was afraid for kids' lives because Trump questioned Baracks' birth cetificate.

<barely muffled giggled>

As a opposed to being afraid of a caravan?....This is NO surprise, Angry bigoted White Men attacking Michelle Obama...She is more than ready

As a opposed to being afraid of a caravan?....This is NO surprise, Angry bigoted White Men attacking Michelle Obama...She is more than ready

Yeah man she's a FIGHTER.
and you know li e, like realy like smart .Totally.!!!

Valley Girl...LAFRIOT!!!

"Grabie News!"

That's some serious Mainstream stuff there.

Valley Girl...LAFRIOT!!!

You've been on here 5 years, and don't know this isn't breaking news, Mainstream media? Try - off topic discussion or something....

Anyone want to bet how long it lasts on this forum? I'll go with flushed by 1:48pm. It's 1:31 now. You can't report the post! That would be cheating.

You've been on here 5 years, and don't know this isn't breaking news, Mainstream media? Try - off topic discussion or something....

Anyone want to bet how long it lasts on this forum? I'll go with flushed by 1:48pm. It's 1:31 now. You can't report the post! That would be cheating.

I go with 12:49pm(CST)

Valley Girl...LAFRIOT!!!

From wikipedia:

She majored in sociology and minored in African-American studies, graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in 1985. Robinson pursued professional study, earning her Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from Harvard Law School in 1988.

So, KLATTU, what are your credentials? :lamo

I'm having a flashback to when Obama was president and dumb stuff like this was all the right had.

The website linked in the OP is so low-rent they can't give it away.

Grabien by the *****!

Valley Girl...LAFRIOT!!!

Instead of using the work "like", Trump lies and incites dangerous levels of fear, hatred, and bigotry against entire groups of people based on their race or religion that many times in 45 seconds. He also has the vocabulary, educational level, and sophistication of a 5th grade schoolyard bully. Someone needs to just grab him by the ear and send him to detention.

What's worse?

Yeah man she's a FIGHTER.
and you know li e, like realy like smart .Totally.!!!

In my workplace, we interview the General Counsel for the world's largest firms and they use similar speech patterns. The verbatim transcripts are full of umms, you knows, likes. It's just how people talk.

Valley Girl...LAFRIOT!!!

Donald Trump is currently in the middle of a very depressing meltdown. Saying Florida shouldn't count military votes and is making up lame excuses as to why he can't leave the WH or go outside. Do you really want us to find all the montages of Trump saying dumb stuff??? B/c I can easily go there.

<barely muffled giggled>

C'mon. This is a joke, right? You're doing a parody of a teen-aged girl, right?
I mean, "<barely muffled giggled>"? Seriously, Dude?

Valley Girl...LAFRIOT!!!

Seriously?

With your country coming apart at the seam, the democratic vote process being assailed by the Trump brain trust, the world having just shunned him in Europe and blood spattered school rooms as a small list of issues, you are bent out of shape about the language of the daughter of a FORMER president from over TEN ****ING years ago....

Incredible, the amount of hate built up in the tribes of America that nothing is too vile, too low, too ugly to not be used in the ongoing war of hate. Your president responds to the fire deaths of 47 people in California with a humiliating political attack, not only because of it's insensitivity but because its also yet another "alternate fact" this poisoned prick can use to undermine the trust of Americans.

Look, kids still talk that way. Get over it.

And don't ever come to my country, our kids talk like that with Indian, Asian, Japanese, Indonesian and Filipino accents; the combination of being teens, talking a way you hate and being, wait for it, IMMIGRANTS might be fatal to your jaundiced views

Back
Top Bottom