• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Vick reinstated by NFL

Kernel Sanders

Norville Rogers
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Source [Google News (AP) | Michael Vick reinstated by NFL]

NEW YORK — Michael Vick has been conditionally reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Vick can participate without delay in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games — if he can find a team that will sign him.

Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities other than games, but could play as soon as October.

Goodell called a news conference for late Monday afternoon.

I for one am glad. I've been getting annoyed with sports organizations' recent efforts to be the morality police. If the teams and fans don't want Vick to play because of his dog fighting then let him go unsigned. Otherwise I don't see what his off-field acts have to do with anything

I'm fine with Vick being reinstated. He has paid dearly for his cruelty to animals, both financially and personally. Hopefully he can pick up the pieces of what's left of his career without being black-balled by the fans.

As an ardent dog lover, I have no use for him at all.

It would be neat if as part of his contract a percentage of his earnings would be donated to pit bull rescue programs.

As an ardent dog lover, I have no use for him at all.

It would be neat if as part of his contract a percentage of his earnings would be donated to pit bull rescue programs.

I disagree. For penance, he should play his first season back as "the ball". :mrgreen:

I disagree. For penance, he should play his first season back as "the ball". :mrgreen:
I like the way you think. Perhaps he could warm up by helping out a military K-9 unit, except that he wouldn't need the sleeve, being a big, tough football player and whatnot:

Attachments

• 51370760.jpg
    51370760.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 6
Vick has paid his debt to society and then some. Let the man play football.

Vick has paid his debt to society and then some. Let the man play football.

I think he should be sentenced to play four years in Detroit. :rofl

A mediocre quarterback returns after spending 2 years in jail for barbaric treatment of animals...

Meh.

Personally I'm good with Goodell's sentence of 6 missed weeks. The man deserves a second chance to prove that he is a poor QB and a terrible person.

Make me proud Mikey.

-NC

A mediocre quarterback returns after spending 2 years in jail for barbaric treatment of animals...

Meh.

Personally I'm good with Goodell's sentence of 6 missed weeks. The man deserves a second chance to prove that he is a poor QB and a terrible person.

Make me proud Mikey.

-NC

No team is going to hire him as a QB if anything Vick will be brought onto a team as a running back. I see Belichick and the Patriots taking him because he knows how to deal with asshole players.

No team is going to hire him as a QB if anything Vick will be brought onto a team as a running back. I see Belichick and the Patriots taking him because he knows how to deal with asshole players.
What are the odds he goes to Cleveland? I mean Vick and the Dawg Pound ...

Personally, the only sport I want to see him involved in is one where he would be steeped in bacon fat and then thrown in a pit with hungry, but robust dogs.

Personally, the only sport I want to see him involved in is one where he would be steeped in bacon fat and then thrown in a pit with hungry, but robust dogs.

Many more people have done far worse things. Vick lost his life over those dogs, and rightfully so. His debt is payed. Let him alone -- Let him play.

Many more people have done far worse things. Vick lost his life over those dogs, and rightfully so. His debt is payed. Let him alone -- Let him play.
If you or I had done what he had, we'd very likely still be in prison. And when we got out, we'd be nearly unemployable in all likelihood.

I'd rather see him go to work in a factory, and some up and coming kid get a break in the league.

My judgment in this matter may be colored though, because I have a low opinion of professional sports, and a high opinion of dogs.

If you or I had done what he had, we'd very likely still be in prison. And when we got out, we'd be nearly unemployable in all likelihood.

Yea, but that's not Vick's fault. Either way, he's suffered a great deal.

I'd rather see him go to work in a factory, and some up and coming kid get a break in the league.

It doesn't really work like that. Vick isn't going to keep anyone out of the NFL who didn't belong there in the first place.

Maybe he'll make millions and donate some of that cash to the doggies.

My judgment in this matter may be colored though, because I have a low opinion of professional sports, and a high opinion of dogs.

:rofl

Touché.

His crime involved cruelty to lesser creatures. That makes him a criminal in every catagory like a child abuser. I'm waiting for any team to sign him and wait and see the fan reaction when and if he ever again takes the field. Don't loose sight of the fact that he was not very good as a player.

Don't loose sight of the fact that he was not very good as a player.

If this is true, why was he awarded the richest contract in all of professional football?

A-Rod has it for baseball.

Kobe has it for the NBA.

And Vick was number one in the NFL.

What is it that you happened to see, from a talent/skill perspective, that NFL GM's missed the boat on?

Most valuable psychopath.Im fine with him playing but if i had a team he played for i wouldnt go see one game to see the sadistic ****.

How did he lose his life?

If this is true, why was he awarded the richest contract in all of professional football?

A-Rod has it for baseball.

Kobe has it for the NBA.

And Vick was number one in the NFL.

What is it that you happened to see, from a talent/skill perspective, that NFL GM's missed the boat on?
Vick was a horrible pocket quarterback and had a bad time fighting off a pocket collapse, his throwing numbers didn't outpace his ground numbers, making him more of a running back and less of a quarterback. Once teams figured out that Vick couldn't hit targets under pressure he was a target, just collapse the pocket and you've got him. That's what made M.V. a mediocre quarterback.

I despise the man, but he has paid his debt. Let him play.

I say let him play but with the stipulation that he will now be paid 1/4 of his salary in milk bones.

Back
Top Bottom