• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Michael Moore's lies exposed

AK_Conservative said:
I do not believe this was already posted (i didnt check a page or 2) but there was a movie that came out this time last year called fahrenHYPE 9/11. It is a fact based (unlike michael moore's:blastem: idiotic rhetoric propaganda) contridiction to farhenhiet 9/11. It even has anne coulter in it!:rwbelepha
It was already discussed in "Polls - Michael Moore - liberator or slanderer"

Ok here is his verdict. I asked my journalism teacher who has studied films if Micahel Moore's fahrenheit 9/11 is a documentary.

He said it falls under the category of documentary but it is not a documentary in the traditional sense. He said that it didn't matter about the facts but the way in which Micahel Moore narrates it makes it not a traditional documentary because your not supposed to have commentary about it. Its supposed to be unbaised.

He said that Michael Moores movie can be compared to a editorial in a newspaper. Its not exactly "news" but its not made up either.

And it certainly isn't a work of fiction.

FinnMacCool said:
Ok here is his verdict. I asked my journalism teacher who has studied films if Micahel Moore's fahrenheit 9/11 is a documentary.

He said it falls under the category of documentary but it is not a documentary in the traditional sense. He said that it didn't matter about the facts but the way in which Micahel Moore narrates it makes it not a traditional documentary because your not supposed to have commentary about it. Its supposed to be unbaised.

He said that Michael Moores movie can be compared to a editorial in a newspaper. Its not exactly "news" but its not made up either.

And it certainly isn't a work of fiction.

Sooo you were wrong.

GySgt said:
Sooo you were wrong.

I am still not sure how you stage a scene that you portray to be real. The scene is cut edited and completely untrue of the facts or what really happens. And this is not fiction?

FinnMacCool said:
I think that proves were both wrong. It is not an actual documentary but it is certainly not fiction.

Noooo. He does not make documentaries and he splices film to make an implied story. This does not make fact.

GySgt said:
Noooo. He does not make documentaries and he splices film to make an implied story. This does not make fact.

Refering to my post #42. If you make the film up, that makes it fiction. It may be loosely based in fact, but the end result is not.

Alright so even after getting a film expert to help answer your question your still in denial. What more could you possibly want? Bah you guys are hopeless.

FinnMacCool said:
Alright so even after getting a film expert to help answer your question your still in denial. What more could you possibly want? Bah you guys are hopeless.

I had a College Professer that said the same things you said, except he didn't add in the "buts" to imply credibility. That's Micheal Moore territory.

GySgt said:
I had a College Professer that said the same things you said, except he didn't add in the "buts" to imply credibility. That's Micheal Moore territory.

there was a movie put out in 2000 U-571. It was based on actual events in history, the capturing of enigma. The outline came from history and fact. But other then the basic outline everything else was completely fake. I believe the British captured the first Enigma machine not the US. Doesn't that make this a film of fiction?

Calm2Chaos said:
there was a movie put out in 2000 U-571. It was based on actual events in history, the capturing of enigma. The outline came from history and fact. But other then the basic outline everything else was completely fake. I believe the British captured the first Enigma machine not the US. Doesn't that make this a film of fiction?

Yep. 'Based on facts' does not make the film credible to truth.

Hmm... lies might be a little strong.

A lie has two parts to it.

1) You must tell something you believe to be untrue
2) you must do so in order to make others beleive it IS true.

While Michael Moore is full of **** and bends the truth to the absolute extremes, I personally wouldn't consider it lying. More... hmm... Bull****.

What he says is usually true. But the way that he strings it together leads the viewer to illogical and unsupported conclusions.

Technicality though. Yeah, definantly not a fan of his.

IValueFreedom said:
Hmm... lies might be a little strong.

A lie has two parts to it.

1) You must tell something you believe to be untrue
2) you must do so in order to make others beleive it IS true.

While Michael Moore is full of **** and bends the truth to the absolute extremes, I personally wouldn't consider it lying. More... hmm... Bull****.

What he says is usually true. But the way that he strings it together leads the viewer to illogical and unsupported conclusions.

Technicality though. Yeah, definantly not a fan of his.

That's probably the best way to sum up his garbage.

aquapub said:
First, let’s get a look at the REAL Michael Moore. He has gotten rich off of the very people he calls chumps while claiming to be a champion of the little guy and lives in a $1.27 million Manhattan. His daughter attends a prestigious private school there.

Now then…

Some things Moore has been caught lying through his teeth about in his propaganda:

In Bowling for Columbine, he staged a scene in a Traverse City, Michigan which was the pivotal basis of his “documentary.” It was all a lie. Moore claims that you walk in this bank, put a thousand dollars in an account, they do a quick background check, and then you walk out with a rifle. That was supposedly the offer the bank was making to people. Jan Jacobson, the woman who did the transaction for Moore, said that he had been in their bank for over a month staging this “impromptu” visit. He maliciously portrayed all the little guys who worked in the bank (you know, the guys Moore claims to be fighting for) as ignorant hicks, and then made it look like he walked right out with a gun.

What actually happens? Traverse City is made up largely of hunters, so they did offer people a hunting rifle for opening new accounts with a $1000 deposit, but there was a ten to twelve week waiting period, an extensive background check, and you had to go to a different city to get the rifle. Hardly the picture Moore portrayed.

In this same film, he implies that the NRA was connected in its founding to the confederate founders of the KKK. The Unionist founders of the NRA were diametrically opposed to the KKK. This is just another typical Michael Moore lie.

He claims that our government gave up $245 million to the Taliban in 2000 and 2001 to prop up the regime. Garbage. That money was given to the Red Cross and other humanitarian organizations that used it to aid the suffering people of Afghanistan and to destroy land mines.

Moore claims that he bought several boxes of ammunition from Walmart in Canada without any questions asked. Canadian firearm officials said it is not even possible to do that in Canada.

When he implies that Lockheed Martin’s missiles trucking through Littleton, Colorado somehow inspired the Columbine massacre, not only is he being a moron in general, but he is lying about the missiles. They are rockets for launching television satellites into space.

Moore films a B-52 at the Air Force Academy and claims there is a plaque under it that “proudly proclaims that the plane killed Vietnamese people on Christmas Eve of 1972.” It says nothing of the sort. Moore never lets the facts get in the way.

Moore portrays Charlton Heston as a heartless gun freak by showing footage of Heston’s famous “cold dead hands” speech at a Denver NRA meeting just ten days after Columbine. The only problem is that Heston didn’t say anything like that in Denver. Moore spliced video from a speech one year later in South Carolina and inserted audio from three other speeches while showing still photos to erroneously smear Heston.

It goes on and on-and this is just ONE of his “documentaries.” Michael Moore is a habitual liar and his propaganda can best be summed up in two words, “calculated hysteria.”

So please stop trying to get us “Bush lovers” to “put aside our hatred of liberals,” “be reasonable,” and hear Moore out. He is total BS. And the fact that "26X World Champs" hasn’t figured that out yet discredits the Hell out of him and others like him.

the premise of Moores videos are all true however

there is indeed guns and bombs in the school yard
binladens are bush friends and oil gruby bussiness partners
you dont need moore to point out the system of things , unless your brain is hooked up to the nintendo

Canuck said:

there is indeed guns and bombs in the school yard
binladens are bush friends and oil gruby bussiness partners
you dont need moore to point out the system of things , unless your brain is hooked up to the nintendo

Moore puts an unbelieveable left wing spin on absolutely everything he has presented in F9/11. It is pure rhetorical blabberfatness. :D He is along the same lines as canuck, providing insigificant information and using a strawman tactic to blow it out of proportion and totally miss the true intent!

As much as I dislike George Bush, I equally dislike Michael Moore.

Michael Moore is not a documentarian, more like a docu-drama producer. That really annoys me, because there are plenty of very good documentaries produced by PBS, Discovery, National Geographic, and the History Channel, that are far more intellectually stimulating.

As much as I dislike guns, and Charlton Heston, when I saw the Charlton Heston scene in Bowling for Columbine, it did make whince. What annoys me is that Michael Moore pretends to care, putting that photo on Charlton Heston's house was so patranising.

I agree with the notion that Michael Moore is to the left what George Bush is to the right.

What ever happened to analytical documentary making?:(

Shades of CBS! Inaccurate but fair?? Horse poop!

Calling Moore's stuff 'documentaries' is just wrong, wrong, wrong. It is opinionated, calcuated, directed and designed to appeal to a specific segment of the viewing audience. Truth is sacrificed for reinforcement of a point of view and/or an opinion.

oldreliable67 said:
Shades of CBS! Inaccurate but fair?? Horse poop!

Calling Moore's stuff 'documentaries' is just wrong, wrong, wrong. It is opinionated, calcuated, directed and designed to appeal to a specific segment of the viewing audience. Truth is sacrificed for reinforcement of a point of view and/or an opinion.

Moore has a style that appeals to ignorance! The only people that are influeneced by his movies are those who dont understand reality and have no knowledge on the real issue! Moore is King Allegationer

galenrox said:
Michael Moore definately fact checks.
But it's propaganda, it only presents one side of the story and thus misrepresents the entirity of the situation, so thus any bit in of itself is true, but the film is a lie, plain and simple. This mostly pertains to Faranheit 9/11, Bowling for Columbine was less propaganda than that, and I never saw any of his other films. I was disgusted when I saw Faranheit 9/11, it just frickin sickened me. And I'm on his damn side, but I will not stand for anyone resorting to propaganda!

Thats good to hear! :applaud

When i saw it in the theatre with my liberal friend, when the movie ended, the radical liberals cheered! i laughed..

galenrox said:
yeah dude, my girlfriend started crying during the movie, and then we ran into a couple of our buddies outside the theater, and my girlfriend and my two friends got really pissed off when I said it was one of the worst movies I'd ever seen, I think "How could you say that?" got said a few times. It was so frusterating, cause the movie frickin sucked, but in my home town it wasn't allowed for me to hold that opinion, when anyone who has any respect for the documentary would know that that movie was frickin awful!

She started crying? What did she start crying over?

galenrox said:
you know the part with all the blown up Iraqis? Where there are kids with deformed faces and so forth. I was really pissed off because of this, cause it is very clearly just trying to draw an emotional, and thus not logical, response, and I started to say this, and my girlfriend hit me, and I saw she'd been crying, so I felt like a dick.

lol, some women are like that though, and guys too i guess (so i dont get kelzie on my ass sayin im sexist or something :D) that have no understanding of politics or the world around them and so they make judgments off emotion.. cant run a world off emotion!

I have to agree Michael Moore is on a vendetta. It is vendetta to show the world the truth about George Bush, Dick Cheney and the other neo conservative corporate owned lackeys. Back in 1952, Isenhauer warned us to be on watch out for the military industrial complex. we failed to take heed and what do we have. The worse and most totally corporate owned corrupt president in the history of the united states. We have a mad man as Vice President. Our constitution has been overthrown, Congress is ruled by corporate lackeys and the American People are screwed. The government of the people, for the people , and and by the people has vanished from the earth and has been usurped, by The Government of corporate profit, for the corporate profit, and by the corporate profit

The hand writing is on the wall of the supreme court, Just like Bush says everyday with his lies and deceit. Screw America

Michael Moore is hard to take, I agree. The truth is always hard, and we good americans have no other choice but ram the truth down people throats, but in comparison with Bush and the Neo conservatives, Moore is Jesus christ himself.

Amen

Last edited:
dragonslayer said:
I have to agree Michael Moore is on a vendetta. It is vendetta to show the world the truth about George Bush, Dick Cheney and the other neo conservative corporate owned lackeys. Back in 1952, Isenhauer warned us to be on watch out for the military industrial complex. we failed to take heed and what do we have. The worse and most totally corporate owned corrupt president in the history of the united states. We have a mad man as Vice President. Our constitution has been overthrown, Congress is ruled by corporate lackeys and the American People are screwed. The government of the people, for the people , and and by the people has vanished from the earth and has been usurped, by The Government of corporate profit, for the corporate profit, and by the corporate profit

The hand writing is on the wall of the supreme court, Just like Bush says everyday with his lies and deceit. Screw America

Michael Moore is hard to take, I agree. The truth is always hard, and we good americans have no other choice but ram the truth down people throats, but in comparison with Bush and the Neo conservatives, Moore is Jesus christ himself.

Amen

:rofl

How has our constitution been overthrown? How is Bush corrupt? How is cheny corrupt? Your whole argument is based on rhetoric lies by the radical left. You have no factual information to back up your statement! Therefore, your argument is invalid and has no depth to it!

Come on, it says in your profile you are 56 years old. Why dont you act like it and think logically???

Back
Top Bottom