• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Moore to receive the "John Steinbeck Award".

LiberalAvenger

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
"Michael Moore to Receive the John Steinbeck Award

The family of John Steinbeck, the Nobel Prize-winning author of "The Grapes of Wrath" and other American classics, and the Center for Steinbeck Studies, have announced that they are giving their prestigious John Steinbeck Award to Michael Moore. They're making their official announcement today and I thought you'd like to see the statement they've released to the press. Steinbeck's son, Thomas, will present the award to Mike next month at a ceremony at San Jose State University (the public is invited to attend). Thomas Steinbeck had this to say this morning: "Michael Moore is a courageous man and a great selection for the John Steinbeck Award. My father would have loved him; my father was the Michael Moore of his time."

Email from Welcome to MichaelMoore.com
:peace

Eh, I've only seen "Roger & Me" and "Bowling for Columbine." "Roger" was decent, "Bowling" was crap. Batting .500 might work for baseball but not so much for films :D

edit: Also, "Bowling" had a lot of pretty dishonest stuff in it, so that leads me to be immediately suspicious of his other work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom