• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Michael Moore - liberator or slanderer

Is Michael Moore a Hero or a Hypocrite?

• Noble Hero

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • Malicious Traitor

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Greedy Self-Serving Hypocrite

Votes: 55 53.9%

• Total voters
ban.the.electoral.college said:
It makes me laugh everytime people attack MM for his appearance. It just goes to show you that anyone resorting to such elementary observations has no idea about what Moore represents.

Yeah but instead of worrying so much about people dying from guns, he should look at how many people die from bad nurtrition cause that kills more people than guns do. Obviously Mr. Moore has been on a steady diet of Mcdonalds for the last 20 years and hasn't picked up a piece of fruit since Reagan was in office.

skabanger13 said:
thats because people like to be entertained and fiction is more entertaining than fact, and their was more truth than fiction in fahrenhype, and michels more's film was definitely fiction.
Your take exemplifies the reason that Jerry Springer enjoys the largest TV audience and the National Enquirer enjoys the largest "newspaper" circulation in the US.

Pure, unadulterated, nonsensical, rot and rubbish is the pabulum of the masses. Their appetite for twaddle is insatiable.

The more outrageous the story presented, the more enticing it is to the easily manipulated dimwits and lunkheads who constitute a large percentage of the electorate.

That's why Faren-tripe 9-11 made millions for Mr. Moore.

ban.the.electoral.college said:
You make good points. Have you listened to Democracy Now? Amy Goodman is an excellent journalist. There is no spin - just straight reporting and interviews. Really good show. A good break from the mainstream.

NO, I haven't listened to Amy Goodman. I will have to give her show a listen.

all right i Finlay watched this load of garbage, it was mostly openion and the stuff that wasn't really wasn't that importent. i had to inject caffeine strait into the vain to try and stay awake. this move was a wast of film and a wast of 3 hours, and thank God i down loaded it or it would have been a wast of money, oh and if my use of the word God offended any of you i really don't give a crap.

Man, I was torn between traitor and slanderer. That decision kept me up half the night. Finally, I flipped a quarer and choose slanderer.

What a hack, preying on Americas misguided emotions. I wouldnt trust him to cover a little league baseball game.

I thought giving aid and comfort to the enemy for money was considered treason not slander . . . eh. Any body want to hear something really funny?? Moore has invested money in Halliburton that's right Halliburton it's all on the public record.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
I thought giving aid and comfort to the enemy for money was considered treason not slander . . . eh. Any body want to hear something really funny?? Moore has invested money in Halliburton that's right Halliburton it's all on the public record.

Ah yes. The old "speaking out against the government during a war is treason" line. Very original.

Kelzie said:
Ah yes. The old "speaking out against the government during a war is treason" line. Very original.

Hay why don't you kiss his fat ass then? He owned stocks in Halliburton, he makes a living off of human misery he's a pompous disgusting hypocrit, is this the man you're defending, a man who complains about the gun problem in America, doesn't donate one cent of his movies profits to gun crime victims or army charities and then turns around and buys shares of Halliburton, **** that guy, and that's from the heart. I didn't say critisizing the war was treason I said doing it for money is.

Hay why don't you kiss his fat ass then? He owned stocks in Halliburton, he makes a living off of human misery he's a pompous disgusting hypocrit, is this the man you're defending, a man who complains about the gun problem in America, doesn't donate one cent of his movies profits to gun crime victims or army charities and then turns around and buys shares of Halliburton, **** that guy, and that's from the heart. I didn't say critisizing the war was treason I said doing it for money is.

Well now you're just being confusing. So criticizing the war isn't treason...making money isn't treason...but somehow when you throw them together they are? Doesn't make much sense.

Kelzie said:
Well now you're just being confusing. So criticizing the war isn't treason...making money isn't treason...but somehow when you throw them together they are? Doesn't make much sense.

No, the only reason why Moore critisizes the war effort is to profit, he's a hypocrit in the worst sense of the words, his actions are no different than those of Benedict Arnold, he has sold out his own country for money, I can't think of a more complete definition for treason there could be.

No, the only reason why Moore critisizes the war effort is to profit, he's a hypocrit in the worst sense of the words, his actions are no different than those of Benedict Arnold, he has sold out his own country for money, I can't think of a more complete definition for treason there could be.

Did you...take history at all? Arnold made a deal to gave a fort up to the British. That is ILLEGAL. Speaking out against your government isn't. Even if you get money doing it. Being a hypocrite is completely legal.

Kelzie said:
Did you...take history at all? Arnold made a deal to gave a fort up to the British. That is ILLEGAL. Speaking out against your government isn't. Even if you get money doing it. Being a hypocrite is completely legal.

Giving aid or comfort to the enemy is treason that's the definition of treason specified in that little piece of paper that I like to call the constitution, Moore gives comfort to the enemy, does it for profit, and is in my book the quintesential traitor but I can tell you're from the same school of thought as that master propogandist so anything I'll say won't change your mind as to the true nature of your hero Moore.

Giving aid or comfort to the enemy is treason that's the definition of treason specified in that little piece of paper that I like to call the constitution, Moore gives comfort to the enemy, does it for profit, and is in my book the quintesential traitor but I can tell you're from the same school of thought as that master propogandist so anything I'll say won't change your mind as to the true nature of your hero Moore.

How does he give them comfort? Does he tuck them in at night? You can dislike the guy all you want. He's not my favorite person either. Just don't say dumb things like "he's a traitor" and expect to get away with it. That just shows you don't know what the definition is.

Kelzie said:
How does he give them comfort? Does he tuck them in at night? You can dislike the guy all you want. He's not my favorite person either. Just don't say dumb things like "he's a traitor" and expect to get away with it. That just shows you don't know what the definition is.
What would you consider a traitor then? Does someone have to actually shoot at soldiers before they are considered treasonous? Come on, someone who go's against their own nation for financial gain is a ****ing traitor!

What would you consider a traitor them does someone have to actually shoot at soldiers before they are considered treasonous? Come on someone who go's against their own nation for financial gain is a ****ing traitor!

He's not "going against" our nation. He's speaking out against it. Something that is perfectly legal, no matter what you do it for.

and what exactly is the difference? Legal yes but is it moral?

Who cares? A lot of stuff's immoral and it's not even illegal, let alone treason.

Kelzie said:
Who cares? A lot of stuff's immoral and it's not even illegal, let alone treason.

it just strikes me as odd that libs can talk **** about the idiotic statements of deushe bags like Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly all day long but then turn around and defend media whores like Moore and Frankin

In my opinion, giving Moore as much media as we do it sends hope and encouragement to the enemy by telling them:

-our President is unpopular and if we continue blowing things up, the American
people will vote troops to leave.

-it gives the terrorists a voice that otherwise wouldnt be heard. They dont
need that kind of free publicity.

-it allows the terrorists to fight on two fronts. One on Iraq and on our media
outlets.

The same thing happened when we refused to play the tapes sent in by the Unabomber. To do so would lend credibility to him and possibly encourage others to follow in his footsteps.

ddoyle00 said:
In my opinion, giving Moore as much media as we do it sends hope and encouragement to the enemy by telling them:

-our President is unpopular and if we continue blowing things up, the American
people will vote troops to leave.

-it gives the terrorists a voice that otherwise wouldnt be heard. They dont
need that kind of free publicity.

-it allows the terrorists to fight on two fronts. One on Iraq and on our media
outlets.

The same thing happened when we refused to play the tapes sent in by the Unabomber. To do so would lend credibility to him and possibly encourage others to follow in his footsteps.

Exactly or in other words he gives comfort to the enemy ie treason.

I really enjoyed "Roger and Me" and "Bowling For Columbine". I thought Fahrenheit 911 had a lot of problems, but it did help to wake the liberals up at a time when it was unpatriotic to question the president's positions on the war and terrorism. The whole country was in a state of shock before that film, even with it's flaws.

If he had made a straight documentary, me and 2 people in Poughkeepsie might have seen it. Unfortunately we are in a day and age where having a strong opinion is more valid than backing up those opinions with facts.

I did love the part in F911 where no one in the Senate stands up for Gore and Gore has to tell the congressmen and congresswomen to stand down. I thought it was a fascinating piece of history that I never saw in the corporate media.

it just strikes me as odd that libs can talk **** about the idiotic statements of deushe bags like Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly all day long but then turn around and defend media whores like Moore and Frankin

There were a lot of problems in F911 as I stated in another post. Frankin, on the other hand, does a very good job of researching and fact checking his books. He does a great job exposing the lies of Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly etc. I wouldn't expect you to like that but if you have a specific Franken item you would like to debate - bring it on!

hipsterdufus said:
There were a lot of problems in F911 as I stated in another post. Frankin, on the other hand, does a very good job of researching and fact checking his books. He does a great job exposing the lies of Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly etc. I wouldn't expect you to like that but if you have a specific Franken item you would like to debate - bring it on!

Ya I suggest you read the book Do as I say Not as I do. Which exposes liberal hypocricy. Take a guess as to how many African Americans Frankin has working for him.

Back
Top Bottom