• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Michael Moore - liberator or slanderer

Is Michael Moore a Hero or a Hypocrite?

• Noble Hero

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • Malicious Traitor

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Greedy Self-Serving Hypocrite

Votes: 55 53.9%

• Total voters
to already know what the destination is and to build the road in order to get to that pre-conceived destination...
Kind of like what Bush did with Iraq!

Last edited:
We're talking about Michael Moore in this poll-thread....If you want Bush-bashing, go create your own thread and wallow away...

Why does everything come back to Bush anyway?

Pistons lost to the Spurs?...Vast right wing conspiracy.
Hurricane Dennis?...Going after Democratic districts.
Diane left Cheers?...Pushed out by partisan conservative Supreme Court.

If I were you, I'd get that checked out....

We're talking about Michael Moore in this poll-thread....If you want Bush-bashing, go create your own thread and wallow away...
Michael Moore does what he does in part to get people to think for themselves. Don't beleive him. Find out for yourself.

But it says a lot about someone who is offended by a lie in a movie, but is conveniently silent, when lied to by his President. You can set your value system anyway you want too. I just think it's ass-backwards!

Last edited:
Laughing...

And you STILL can't get through a post without Bush-bashing!

I bet if you didn't let it out every 10 minutes your face would turn beet-red and stream would start shooting out your ears with that train-whitle sound like a cartoon.

The priest...

"Do you, Billo, take this woman to be your wife?"

Billo...

"I do....And President Bush is a liar and a greedy bastard who lives off of the coffers of the oil corporations!"

The priest...

"Oh, grow up asshole..."

Patron: Waiter, there is a fly in my soup.
Waiter: The cook is a neo-con.

Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this.
Doctor: Don't do that.
Patient: Your a quack. I want a second opinion.
Doctor: Bush sucks.

Montey Python: He's a lumberjack and he's okay,
sleeps all night and Bill Frist is gay.

Customer: Mr. Goodwrench, my brakes make a errr cha-chunk sound.
Mr. Goodwrench: Newt Gingrich broke them.

Oh thank god I'm not alone anymore.

The priest...

"Do you, Billo, take this woman to be your wife?"

Billo...

"I do....And President Bush is a liar and a greedy bastard who lives off of the coffers of the oil corporations!"

The priest...

"Oh, grow up asshole..."
Not to get off topic, but since you brought it up [The priest], I will be brief.

Did you hear they are going to remake the exorcist. Only this time, it is a mother, who pays the devil, to get a priest, out of her son!.

Last edited:
He is a shock jockey. He is to politics what Howard Stern is to comedy. Sometimes interesting, sometimes funny, most of the time, completely full of S***.
He found a medium to make a boatload of money while "freeing the minds of America". He appeals to the American desire to make everything a controversy.

Michael Moore is one the the biggest self promoters who have ever existed.....In addition his movies are all lies........

Origninally posted be DataMonkey:
He is a shock jockey. He is to politics what Howard Stern is to comedy. Sometimes interesting, sometimes funny, most of the time, completely full of S***.He found a medium to make a boatload of money while "freeing the minds of America". He appeals to the American desire to make everything a controversy
So are you saying Americas minds should not be free?

If that was what he was doing, then I'd be all behind it. But shock jockeys do not free minds.. they shock people. That is where they get the name. He has yet to create an objective documentary. Infarct, I believe that they have been called "shockumentaries" for the very reason that they are so opinionated. Now I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve an opinion. Just saying he's not the champion of free thinking that everyone makes him out to be.

Originally posted by DataMonkey:
If that was what he was doing, then I'd be all behind it. But shock jockeys do not free minds.. they shock people.
It doesn't matter how the mind is freed. What's important is the free mind.

That is where they get the name. He has yet to create an objective documentary.
When you hear words straight from the horses mouth, you that consider subjective? When he shows the marine with a CD (the Roof is on Fire) in his hand, telling him thats what they like to play when they go into battle, is not real? And the fact that some marines put boomboxes in there tanks (like this is a god-damn video game) bothers some, you blow off as just "shock and awe" stuff?

Infarct, I believe that they have been called "shockumentaries" for the very reason that they are so opinionated.
Are not people who conveintly put labels on everything opinionated as well. But for more sinister reasons.

Now I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve an opinion. Just saying he's not the champion of free thinking that everyone makes him out to be.
Instead of being "champion" [which is a cop out from some of the right because they neither have the balls or intelligence to argue against the issues he raises; choosing rather to label and name-call, then thinking that was a rational response to the premise of a proposition], is it OK for people to think he is merely pro-free-mind?

Michael Moore is nothing but a walking, talking tabloid. its too bad because even though i knew his methods were subject, his earlier films were half informative and fully entertaining. sadly, F-9/11 was nothing but a liberal propagandist mouthpiece full of half-facts and falacies that id been reading on bush-bashing web sites for the past 5 years. imo, it added to the lack of faith in the democratic party, helped back up the "libs only criticize and find no solutions" argument, and ruined Moore's career.

Originally posted by FiremanRyan:
Michael Moore is nothing but a walking, talking tabloid. its too bad because even though i knew his methods were subject, his earlier films were half informative and fully entertaining. sadly, F-9/11 was nothing but a liberal propagandist mouthpiece full of half-facts and falacies that id been reading on bush-bashing web sites for the past 5 years. imo, it added to the lack of faith in the democratic party, helped back up the "libs only criticize and find no solutions" argument, and ruined Moore's career.
Stop sugar-coating! What do you really think!

yyy9vl.jpg

Dear Lord, is there anyone capable of "Saving Fireman Ryan?"

Billo_Really said:
Stop sugar-coating! What do you really think!

yyy9vl.jpg

Dear Lord, is there anyone capable of "Saving Fireman Ryan?"

excuse me? how about being direct instead of giving me catoons to decipher. i have no idea what you're talking about.

catoons
"...CATOONS...? I was being facetious. Uno, making about as much sense as some of your ealier posts.

Billo_Really said:
"...CATOONS...? I was being facetious. Uno, making about as much sense as some of your ealier posts.

which ones? please quote me.

this coming from a person who makes a thread called "conservative unfit to run government?" and says that 42% of the military are "illegal aliens". oh sorry, you heard it on the radio, it must be true :roll:

which ones? please quote me.
Here's one that immediately comes to mind.

and....

you debate like a 2 year old. you just point and say "there". how about telling me what was so wrong with what i said. michael moore's F-9/11 WAS much like a tabloid. it WAS worse than his previous films. it WAS full of half truths. it WAS no different from any liberal propanganda i had heard on websites for the past few years. and finally, it DID hurt liberals who otherwise could have better used the same allegations Moore made, yet its hard to take them seriously now because he DID distort facts.

please, unless you have something to contribute to this thread, quit the condescending bullshit.

you debate like a 2 year old. you just point and say "there". how about telling me what was so wrong with what i said. michael moore's F-9/11 WAS much like a tabloid. it WAS worse than his previous films. it WAS full of half truths. it WAS no different from any liberal propanganda i had heard on websites for the past few years. and finally, it DID hurt liberals who otherwise could have better used the same allegations Moore made, yet its hard to take them seriously now because he DID distort facts.

please, unless you have something to contribute to this thread, quit the condescending bullshit
Why do you debate with 2 year olds? What facts did he distort?

Billo_Really said:

lol

is it just me or does he change the subject when he has nothing to say

Billo_Really said:

a lot of things concerning the 2000 election. clips of Gore's presidential "victory" party which were clips of another time and place. saying that Fox declared Bush the winner so everyone "followed" when it was really CBS that did. the complete twisting of Toobins words. he created the lie that bush spent the first 40 something % of his term on vacation which has never been proven true, he took no more time off than any other president. spinning just about everything that had to do with moving the bin ladens out after 9/11. trying to prove something by pointing out secret service gaurding the Saudi embassy when they routinely protect diplomats. saying Afghan president Karsai was a Unical consultant....

i could go on but i dont remember a lot of the details. ill try and find a source that points out more half-truths.

Last edited:
saying Afghan president Karsai was a Unical consultant....
He was a Unocal consultant!

Billo_Really said:
He was a Unocal consultant!

every source ive seen has said otherwise. if you can prove this true and show the significance of it, im fine with that. i can only go off what i read, not Moore's film or indy-news sources.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/afghanistan/karzai.htm

Several sources, most notably the documentary film Fahrenheit 9/11, have reported that Karzai once worked as a consultant for the oil company Unocal. Spokesmen for both Unocal and Karzai have denied any such relationship. The claim appears to have originated in the December 9, 2001 issue of the French newspaper Le Monde. Some have suggested that Karzai was confused with U.S. ambassador to Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad.

there.

Back
Top Bottom