• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Jordan vs Lebron James

Helvidius

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Michael Jordan vs Lebron James, one on one, half-court, both in their prime. Who wins and why?

In a game of one on one, I'd say LeBron. In a game of "HORSE" or a competition of shooting, MJ wins hands-down.

What Pippen did was just release some of his demons for always playing second fiddle to the man he spent his career being jealous of. As far as who the better player is, no unbiased voice with half a brain in basketball could say LBJ. It's not even close enough to debate.

Michael Jordan vs Lebron James, one on one, half-court, both in their prime. Who wins and why?

Jordan.

-Faster
-Better Ball Handler
-Complete game...can shoot outside and inside

James is stronger, but basketball is about speed and accuracy.

Basketball is also about driving the lane, physicality, and athleticism. In those aspects, LeBron clearly has a leg-up. He can probably drive the lane better than anyone in the history of the NBA.

He just fails outside the paint.

Basketball is also about driving the lane, physicality, and athleticism. In those aspects, LeBron clearly has a leg-up. He can probably drive the lane better than anyone in the history of the NBA.

He just fails outside the paint.

Jordan was a great defender though. I think he would be able to keep Lebron in front of him and force him to shoot. Lebron would have about 40 lbs on Jordan, but his post-up game is beyond horrific so he wouldn't be able to take advantage of where he could really hurt Jordan. Jordan has good lateral speed and a great mid-range game so I would give him the advantage in a game that I think would end up turning a game of jump shots.

I think a game of 1 on 1 it'd be rather even.

I think in a game of 3 on 3 Jordan would be winning more than losing

I think in a game of 5 on 5 with even teams Jordan would soundly win.

I think the physical gifts LeBron has could make him troublesome on 1 and 1 and keep that rather even. However, as you increase the amount of players I think Jordan begins to take the lead. While he may not drive the basket as strong as LeBron, he does it just as well if not better than him. His mid and long range shot is better than James. James may be a better passer but Jordan is better at creating his own shot. Jordan is the better defender. And, beyond it all, I think Jordan's will to win so far out stretches LeBron's its not funny and I think that will and his ability to be a leader of men alone would put him a bit out ahead.

The talk of Kobe being on par or better than Jordan is ridiculous, and yet that is FAR closer and more reasonable of an argument at this point than LBJ compared to Jordan.

Michael Jordan. But I only say that because MJ was so Fracking awesome. I truly have not watched James play very much, but when the Bulls were playing in the '80's, every fan of basketball tuned in.

Whenever a new player comes along, even untested, always default to comparing him to Jordan. I swear, this will never get old or predictable.

MJ vs. LeBron one-on-one - advantage MJ
Kobe vs. LeBron one-on-one - advantage Kobe (Source: Bryant better than James head-to-head - Los Angeles - ESPN Los Angeles)
Hell, Carmelo vs. LeBron one-on-one - advantage Melo.

I said it before and I'll say it again: LeBron is not really an effective player in isolation, that's not his game. He wreaks havoc in full court and transition situations, and through sheer strength and athleticism is able to score at will (not because he is particularly skilled). His outside game still needs work, and he has no post game.

A far better comparison for LeBron would be Magic Johnson, a completely player who excels at all aspects of the TEAM game, and putting up stats. LeBron is a great playmaker, one of the best rebounders at his position, and he can score. However, one-on-one play is NOT his thing.

Last edited:
I wanna say Jordan but he is getting older. I would still guess Jordan would win though:)

BTW,Shaq retiring and I am like it is about damn time.

I wanna say Jordan but he is getting older. I would still guess Jordan would win though:)

BTW,Shaq retiring and I am like it is about damn time.

The question was, in their primes.

MJ is clearly not in his prime at this point:

Sorry. I missed that and should learn to read. In that case? Jordan. The question should not even be asked:2razz:

Who would win if David Thompson was in this mix? I will always contend if he had not gave into drugs and whatever his personal hell was? He could have been great great. He could jump for real. :(

Sorry. I missed that and should learn to read. In that case? Jordan. The question should not even be asked:2razz:

Who would win if David Thompson was in this mix? I will always contend if he had not gave into drugs and whatever his personal hell was? He could have been great great. He could jump for real. :(

Unfortunately, there are so many more players who could be in this discussion if it hadn't been for other factors like personal issues or career-ending injuries. Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway come to mind. Some of these guys could have been the greatest ever, we'll never know.

I think a game of 1 on 1 it'd be rather even.

I think in a game of 3 on 3 Jordan would be winning more than losing

I think in a game of 5 on 5 with even teams Jordan would soundly win.

I think the physical gifts LeBron has could make him troublesome on 1 and 1 and keep that rather even. However, as you increase the amount of players I think Jordan begins to take the lead. While he may not drive the basket as strong as LeBron, he does it just as well if not better than him. His mid and long range shot is better than James. James may be a better passer but Jordan is better at creating his own shot. Jordan is the better defender. And, beyond it all, I think Jordan's will to win so far out stretches LeBron's its not funny and I think that will and his ability to be a leader of men alone would put him a bit out ahead.

The talk of Kobe being on par or better than Jordan is ridiculous, and yet that is FAR closer and more reasonable of an argument at this point than LBJ compared to Jordan.

Head to head? And as a leader on a team? I'd take Kobe over Jordan. Id take Jordan over LeBron. Id take Magic over LeBron.

Head to head? And as a leader on a team? I'd take Kobe over Jordan. Id take Jordan over LeBron. Id take Magic over LeBron.

As much as I love Kobe Bryant, I completely disagree. Jordan was a better leader and a better decision-maker on the court.

Let LeBron win one chip before we start the comparisons.

I'd take Kobe over Jordan.

Explain this one perhaps?

And god, don't start talking about people whose a careers ended early. You're going to have some of the DC Metro people around here start flooding in with Len Bias posts

Explain this one perhaps?

And god, don't start talking about people whose a careers ended early. You're going to have some of the DC Metro people around here start flooding in with Len Bias posts

I'd be the first.

Back
Top Bottom