• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Hastings: Too Big Of A Coincidence?

Geoist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Journalist says he has a 'big story' he's writing. Warns friends not to talk to the feds. Sends an email saying he is going 'off the radar' for a bit. And then dies in a fiery car crash. I am not usually one who gets suckered into conspiracy theories, but this just seems like too BIG of a coincidence. :shock:

Michael Hastings Sent Email About FBI Probe Hours Before Death

Journalist says he has a 'big story' he's writing. Warns friends not to talk to the feds. Sends an email saying he is going 'off the radar' for a bit. And then dies in a fiery car crash. I am not usually one who gets suckered into conspiracy theories, but this just seems like too BIG of a coincidence. :shock:

Michael Hastings Sent Email About FBI Probe Hours Before Death

Well certainly there was motive, considering Hastings' take down of McChrystal AND any pending articles to be written, and there was means, and there was opportunity.

The accident looked highly irregular IMO.

Well certainly there was motive, considering Hastings' take down of McChrystal AND any pending articles to be written, and there was means, and there was opportunity.

The accident looked highly irregular IMO.

Well, since the cars engine flew somewhere between 50-60 yards away, if this was an accident with no foul play, I look forward to Mercedes recalling the vehicle or explaining how the car fell apart as it did.

Everything about it from the time in the morning to the speed he was supposedly traveling, to running the lights if iirc witness comments...everything seems really suspicious. Now is it right to point to the gov't, perhaps, but I'm not quite ready to go there. I am ready to say that regardless of any further claims to the contrary, Hastings was murdered.

Everything about it from the time in the morning to the speed he was supposedly traveling, to running the lights if iirc witness comments...everything seems really suspicious. Now is it right to point to the gov't, perhaps, but I'm not quite ready to go there. I am ready to say that regardless of any further claims to the contrary, Hastings was murdered.

Now, without saying this is the case (but come on, where's the Mercedes engineers saying the types of speeds required to replicate this crash and flames, and the engine found some distance, that's not really been clear and would accept input), but I would hope that when the person backstabs mchrystal (sp?), then sends messages that he's being followed, that he's going to get out of town and stay below radar, then BOOM the car blows up and hits a tree, the motor found down the perpendicular side street.

It's safe to say the direction that youre going to be looking.... But here's a better question:
Who are the ones to investigate FBI/ military / intelligence for a murder if this were the case??? (and in honesty, it's gotta be like 90+% chance that this is an illegal operation whoever is actually guilty and specifically of what... I don't put much weight in the quick determination of "no foul play", given overall circumstance)

This isn't the same America anymore, remember.

Accident? I am inclined to doubt it.

It has occurred to me that he might have been droned. It is possible and it might explain his driving as if he was been chased when in fact other cars do not seem to have been chasing him.

It has occurred to me that he might have been droned. It is possible and it might explain his driving as if he was been chased when in fact other cars do not seem to have been chasing him.

From what ive seen I'd lean more towards an explosive set in the car... It takes real force to separate an engine from the vehicle in a modern Mercedes.

No matter though, it's clearly suspicious enough to warrant a detailed investigation.

If they can hack into China's computers, my guess is they can hack into a Mercedes' computer too.

Well "they" did hack into a cars computer on "Person of Interest". :mrgreen:

If they can hack into China's computers, my guess is they can hack into a Mercedes' computer too.

I've heard that newer cars can be hacked to the extent of full remote control, and the direction is headed towards cars becoming fully automated (like googles self-driving cars).

But the issue is that even if this were the case, is it possible to recreate the accident if the vehicle was remote controlled into the tree.

Remember, the engine was ultimately ejected from the vehicle, reportedly between 50-100 yards away, I'm hard pressed to believe that this would happen without some pretty extreme forces involved.

I've heard that newer cars can be hacked to the extent of full remote control, and the direction is headed towards cars becoming fully automated (like googles self-driving cars).

But the issue is that even if this were the case, is it possible to recreate the accident if the vehicle was remote controlled into the tree.

Remember, the engine was ultimately ejected from the vehicle, reportedly between 50-100 yards away, I'm hard pressed to believe that this would happen without some pretty extreme forces involved.
All it had to be was controlled to a point where speed was high and brakes or engine shut down was impossible. The rest (ie ending in a tree or other fatal crash) would take care of itself. Witnesses say the car (I won't say "he" since very few believe he was responsible at this time) sped past going 90+, and it was not a highway. IIRC, it is a 4 lane road with a curbed median.

All it had to be was controlled to a point where speed was high and brakes or engine shut down was impossible. The rest (ie ending in a tree or other fatal crash) would take care of itself. Witnesses say the car (I won't say "he" since very few believe he was responsible at this time) sped past going 90+, and it was not a highway. IIRC, it is a 4 lane road with a curbed median.

That does not explain the motor ejecting 100 ft from the vehicle in a direction perpendicular to the direction of travel.

Other than that I could agree...

That does not explain the motor ejecting 100 ft from the vehicle in a direction perpendicular to the direction of travel.

Other than that I could agree...
OIC, I hadn't register that factoid yet. I must've missed a few reports. Hmmm. Well off I go to google and read what writing about.

Better check for explosives or it will end up as part of the conspiracy /sarcasm.

he had to face the end of every patriotic journalist

Very first thing I thought when I heard the engine flew far. Droned.

It was not perpendicular to the direction of travel. The motor was down the street from the crash... right where one would expect it to be after watching the video.

It takes real force to separate an engine from the vehicle in a modern Mercedes.

That "modern Mercedes" uses the same 4-point motor mount system found on just about every car from the past several decades. There is nothing fancy about it. There is also nothing unusual about an engine flying out in a crash like this. That "real force" you speak of?... The car hit a tree head-on at 90-100 mph, but not dead center in the front bumper. Because of the off center collision with the tree, the engine misses it and then flies out due to momentum. It bounces down the street and ends up on the sidewalk down the way.

There is plenty of suspicious **** about this whole thing without you flat-out making crap up like you did in the first post I quoted, or making uneducated statements like you did in the second. While nobody here can rule out a remote hacking via a covertly installed device hooked up to the OBD port, I can definitively tell you that the vehicle in the video was NOT bombed. It was crashed into a tree at a very high rate of speed.

who killed him
ClA ?

it is not a news

I would appear that extra-judicial killings of American citizens is now a standard weapon in the security services' kitbag. I wonder if that's the legacy of the Obama administration that his supporters expected him to leave.

Back
Top Bottom