• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Flynn's lobbying firm received $530,000 from Turkish client

akyron

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Michael Flynn, former national security adviser, has confirmed his lobbying firm carried out $530,000 worth of work that may have helped the Turkish government in the run-up to the US election.
Mr Trump sacked Flynn, a former US army lieutenant-general, last month for misleading Vice President Mike Pence about the extent of his contacts with Russia's ambassador to the US, Sergey Kislyak.
In the latest development a lawyer for Mr Flynn filed documents with the US Department of Justice registering him as a "foreign agent" over work on behalf of a Turkish company.
The documents said Mr Flynn and his consulting firm Flynn Intel Group Inc. were voluntarily registering for having carried out lobbying from August to November that "could be construed to have principally benefited the Republic of Turkey".
Under the Foreign Agent Registration Act US citizens who lobby on behalf of foreign governments or political entities must disclose their work to the Justice Department.

What happened to everyone signing that NO LOBBYING agreement?

If this is true then he probably needs to sit next to hillary in jail.

He had to see this coming a mile off and thats why he dropped off the radar.

Michael Flynn, former national security adviser, has confirmed his lobbying firm carried out $530,000 worth of work that may have helped the Turkish government in the run-up to the US election.
Mr Trump sacked Flynn, a former US army lieutenant-general, last month for misleading Vice President Mike Pence about the extent of his contacts with Russia's ambassador to the US, Sergey Kislyak.
In the latest development a lawyer for Mr Flynn filed documents with the US Department of Justice registering him as a "foreign agent" over work on behalf of a Turkish company.
The documents said Mr Flynn and his consulting firm Flynn Intel Group Inc. were voluntarily registering for having carried out lobbying from August to November that "could be construed to have principally benefited the Republic of Turkey".
Under the Foreign Agent Registration Act US citizens who lobby on behalf of foreign governments or political entities must disclose their work to the Justice Department.

I didn't know Hillary was in jail; I'll be damn ........

He had to see this coming a mile off and that's why he dropped off the radar.

And remember...of all the people Trump could have chose....this loser was Trump's Number One choice for National Security Advisor.

Never forget that.

Trump is a buffoon.

Once again, I have zero loyalty to any political party or movement.

Did he break the law? Is he under arrest? What's the problem?

Did he break the law? Is he under arrest? What's the problem?

Yes, he broke the law. He spent at least 4 months lobbying on behalf of a foreign government and didn't register - which is a felony. Why is it a problem? Let's put our thinking caps on. The man chosen by Donald Trump to be his National Security Advisor was being paid by a foreign government to influence policy decisions in their favor. Why do you think that would be a problem?

Last edited:
Flynn is a foreign agent. Trump appointed him as our national security advisor and now the trump administration is claiming they didn't know. The people who want to implement "EXTREME VETTING" had no clue they were appointing a foreign agent.

Yes, he broke the law. He spent at least 4 months lobbying on behalf of a foreign government and didn't register - which is a felony. Why is it a problem? Let's put our thinking caps on. The man chosen by Donald Trump to be his National Security Advisor was being paid by a foreign government to influence policy decisions in their favor. Why do you think that would be a problem?

So Flynn is under arrest?

So Flynn is under arrest?

Whoa. This guy is one big corruption pile. He went through a confirmation hearing w/o Congress knowing he's a lobbyist for a foreign government?

What he did sounds illegal. Having a connection like that with a foreign government w/o disclosing it, and getting a cabinet position in a highly sensitive position. So he had connections with TWO foreign governments that he had worked for the benefit of?

Unbelievable. If it's not illegal that he didn't disclose this, it should be.

I guess we can see why vetting is so important. And that Trump's team didn't vet him. Makes one wonder about the others who were confirmed.

Whoa. This guy is one big corruption pile. He went through a confirmation hearing w/o Congress knowing he's a lobbyist for a foreign government?

What he did sounds illegal. Having a connection like that with a foreign government w/o disclosing it, and getting a cabinet position in a highly sensitive position. So he had connections with TWO foreign governments that he had worked for the benefit of?

Unbelievable. If it's not illegal that he didn't disclose this, it should be.

I guess we can see why vetting is so important. And that Trump's team didn't vet him. Makes one wonder about the others who were confirmed.

Except for the fact that he was never part of the cabinet. He did not go through a confirmation process.

This is a good example of truly FAKE NEWS.

Except for the fact that he was never part of the cabinet. He did not go through a confirmation process.

The confirmation process wasn't necessary for his position (though after seeing this, maybe it should be required). What exactly do you think he resigned from?

I didn't see a cited article or news cite in my post. Maybe you're referring to a different post.

I thought he was part of the confirmation process...I didn't recall he was an appointment. I thought the Director of the NSA had to be confirmed. My bad.

But most definitely not fake news. The only fake news I've ever seen is far right stuff. They usually cite a partisan website as a source and try to pass it off as real news. An opinion by a poster doesn't qualify as news, of course.

Keep at it. You'll catch on this posting in a forum thingie.

So if it was only Trump that knew, that speaks volumes about Trump's loyalty to America vs loyalty to the dollar, from wherever it may come.

I didn't see a cited article or news cite in my post. Maybe you're referring to a different post.

I thought he was part of the confirmation process...I didn't recall he was an appointment. I thought the Director of the NSA had to be confirmed. My bad.

But most definitely not fake news. The only fake news I've ever seen is far right stuff. They usually cite a partisan website as a source and try to pass it off as real news. An opinion by a poster doesn't qualify as news, of course.

Keep at it. You'll catch on this posting in a forum thingie.

So if it was only Trump that knew, that speaks volumes about Trump's loyalty to America vs loyalty to the dollar, from wherever it may come.

Everything you said was fake. There was no confirmation hearing because his job did not need one. What he did was not illegal as you said. My sense it was unethical though and showed lack of judgement. Bad pick by Trump for an important job.

Everything you said was fake. There was no confirmation hearing because his job did not need one. What he did was not illegal as you said. My sense it was unethical though and showed lack of judgement. Bad pick by Trump for an important job.

What he did IS illegal. It's a violation of the Foreign Agent Registration Act.

How much of this until the hardcore trumpanzies realize that their boy is a terribly corrupt man that brings a stain upon the office.

Oh, wait, trumpanzies don't think and reason and consider facts...

I didn't say it was illegal. I said it SHOULD be illegal...if he had gone through a confirmation process. Stop lying. I was merely mistaken about the NSA Director being a member of the cabinet. Big deal.

If Trump knew that the NSA Director was WORKING FOR A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT....yes, that should be illegal, if it isn't. And it may be.

Now you know what "fake news" is...and it is not a poster being mistaken about whether a high level security director is a member of the cabinet or not. I know you're embarrassed about not being clear on what fake news is and isn't. But now you know.

I didn't say it was illegal. I said it SHOULD be illegal...if he had gone through a confirmation process. Stop lying. I was merely mistaken about the NSA Director being a member of the cabinet. Big deal.

If Trump knew that the NSA Director was WORKING FOR A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT....yes, that should be illegal, if it isn't. And it may be.

Now you know what "fake news" is...and it is not a poster being mistaken about whether a high level security director is a member of the cabinet or not. I know you're embarrassed about not being clear on what fake news is and isn't. But now you know.

Not embarrassed that I don't agree with your definition. I am annoyed though that this site does not seem to live by it's creed about civility. If that wrer the case you would not be allowed to use the word liar so cavalierly. You made a mistake but I lied. Don't people read what they write???

55620983.jpg

Flynn is a foreign agent. Trump appointed him as our national security advisor and now the trump administration is claiming they didn't know. The people who want to implement "EXTREME VETTING" had no clue they were appointing a foreign agent.

This is another reason the intelligence agencies are keeping "the good stuff" from the Trump cartel. So many of them are "dirty" and known to be in contact with foreign actors. Then they leave themselves open to blackmail by their illegal actions on top of that. They cannot be trusted and neither can Trump. He sold himself to Putin just like he sells his name for all of those buildings. There really is not another viable explanation for his or his staffs actions. The question is what now? Let Putin's buddy, Tillerson gut the State Dept. and throw 75 years of diplomacy in the toilet while strengthening and emboldening Putin in his "war" with Europe and the West? Or should something be done right now to stop the bleeding of experienced staff and the 37% cut in their budget at the State Dept. Putin may have helped elect Trump and we are all to blame but we don't have to stand for the payoffs too.

Last edited:

This is gross incompetence. Not surprised. Why aren't people hammering Trump over this?

This is another reason the intelligence agencies are keeping "the good stuff" Putin may have helped elect Trump and we are all to blame but we don't have to stand for the payoffs too.

The CIA aren't keeping anything. Their secrets are being vomited all over the internet.

Seriously it's no ones fault but hillarys that she was a corrupt, self serving, and vile candidate.

I can guarantee she would not suffer through the office of the president for 1 dollar.

President-elect Donald Trump has announced he will give up his presidential salary of $400,000 (£319,500) and take just $1 a year.

How common is Trump's $1 salary? - BBC News

400k would be a life changing amount for me anyway.

The CIA aren't keeping anything. Their secrets are being vomited all over the internet.

Seriously it's no ones fault but hillarys that she was a corrupt, self serving, and vile candidate.

I can guarantee she would not suffer through the office of the president for 1 dollar.

President-elect Donald Trump has announced he will give up his presidential salary of $400,000 (£319,500) and take just $1 a year.

How common is Trump's $1 salary? - BBC News

400k would be a life changing amount for me anyway.

So what.. he earns more than that every time he goes on vacation.

Back
Top Bottom