• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Flynn Turned Over 'Sweeping Categories' of Documents, Electronics Before Plea Deal

Obviously, the material is somehow relevant and important to an ongoing investigation, or it wouldn't be of any value for the government to consider for sentencing.
Whatever the content... it kept Flynn out of prison.
So what do you think is in the documents?
My money's on the Turkish plot to get Flynn to kidnap and reverse-extradite the Turkish dissident, that moved to the States. Unfortunately, I forgot the guy's name.

I'll bet that ****er was such an early flip that he was wearing a wire to all sorts of stuff.

Considering that part of the evidence includes: "facilitated the production of electronic devices." I would say there's a good chance that means he wore either a wire or a dildo...

I'll bet that ****er was such an early flip that he was wearing a wire to all sorts of stuff.

Indeed. One thing we did learn from tonight's filing from Flynn's lawyers is that Flynn admitted guilt to the FBI almost immediately, and could have still been in the WH wearing wires before he was actually fired. Since it was nearly a year before the public learned of his guilty plea, god (and Mueller) knows how many tapes he may have filled for the SCO as he was shuttled around D.C. to, ahem, meet with friends and previous colleagues.

My money's on the Turkish plot to get Flynn to kidnap and reverse-extradite the Turkish dissident, that moved to the States. Unfortunately, I forgot the guy's name.

I'm glad that you keep bringing this up. When all is said and done we'll know how many people have been suspiciously killed in Trump's orbit. So far I have counted three or four. With Seth Rich being an asterisk since they used his death quite evilly. Now, how involved is Trump in this huawei deal???

Considering that part of the evidence includes: "facilitated the production of electronic devices." I would say there's a good chance that means he wore either a wire or a dildo...

Could've been a wired dildo. Lord knows it looks like he's about the **** trump pretty hard.

Flynn turned over “sweeping categories of documents” from his two companies[/I]

Clearly, you all think it is incriminating evidence against Trump, but not sure how you reach that conclusion from the above quote from the article.

“sweeping categories of documents” from his two companies to the Department of Justice and “facilitated the production of electronic devices” prior to his plea deal with the government late last year for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia's ambassador.
IOW: They asked for his phone and laptops and he gave them up without a fight.

It could mean anything.

I'm glad that you keep bringing this up. When all is said and done we'll know how many people have been suspiciously killed in Trump's orbit. So far I have counted three. With seth rich being an asterisk.
I must admit several Russians back in the Motherland have indeed bitten the dust or disappeared.

Whatever the content... it kept Flynn out of prison.

It will probably keep him out of prison; the judge can still disagree with both the prosecutor and defense team at sentencing. But Papadopolous(sp?) only got two weeks in prison, so I don't expect Flynn to get much, if any, time. One year probation seems pretty light; the judge might up that a couple of years.

Fethullah Gülen Is the man you are thinking of.

And he has been here since 1999

Or maybe they might shed some light on the reasons why the senior leadership of Trump transition thought it was so important to keep the fact they were discussing sanctions with the Russians hidden from the public and law enforcement.

It will probably keep him out of prison; the judge can still disagree with both the prosecutor and defense team at sentencing. But Papadopolous(sp?) only got two weeks in prison, so I don't expect Flynn to get much, if any, time. One year probation seems pretty light; the judge might up that a couple of years.

I would like for Flynn to get even just one goddamn day in jail just to be able to holler back at him, "LOCK HIM UP!!!!!" Which he fully deserves at the very least.

“sweeping categories of documents” from his two companies to the Department of Justice and “facilitated the production of electronic devices” prior to his plea deal with the government late last year for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia's ambassador.
IOW: They asked for his phone and laptops and he gave them up without a fight.

It could mean anything.

Yes, it could mean anything. But what it most likely means is that his lawyers were demonstrating how cooperative his client was with the investigation in an effort to get him the lowest penalty possible. Turning over documents from his two companies likely has zero to do with Trump, and was likely Flynn showing his activity was above board--which it must have been since he has been charged with nothing.

Fethullah Gülen Is the man you are thinking of.

And he has been here since 1999
Thanks. If the circumstances of the leaks concerning this are accurate, it could be a very big deal.

I must admit several Russians back in the Motherland have indeed bitten the dust or disappeared.

I'm counting:

• Peter W. Smith (Flynn was working with him to get emails and he committed "suicide" right before his big break)
  • Jamal Khashoggi (Jared)
  • Vice Adm. Scott Stearney (???? Very Suspicious.)
  • Fethullah Gülen (Your Turkish cleric who Flynn was investigated for wanting to kidnap)

Flynn also had a relationship with a Russian woman and of course failed to register as a foreign agent and lied to the FBI.

Fethullah Gülen

Yes, it could mean anything. But what it most likely means is that his lawyers were demonstrating how cooperative his client was with the investigation in an effort to get him the lowest penalty possible. Turning over documents from his two companies likely has zero to do with Trump, and was likely Flynn showing his activity was above board--which it must have been since he has been charged with nothing.

Oh bless your heart...

I'm counting:

• Peter W. Smith (Flynn was working with him to get emails and he committed "suicide" right before his big break)
  • Jamal Khashoggi (Jared)
  • Vice Adm. Scott Stearney (???? Very Suspicious.)
  • Fethullah Gülen (Your Turkish cleric who Flynn was investigated for wanting to kidnap)

Flynn also had a relationship with a Russian woman and of course failed to register as a foreign agent and lied to the FBI.
Well, I wouldn't go that far. I was thinking of several higher-level Russians back in Russia that died or disappeared after the Russian Mueller indictments.

As to your guys:

Smith - Very possibly contributory.

Khashoggi - I wasn't aware of a Kushner tie, here.

Stearney - Sorry, don't see it.

Gullen - He's still free & alive!

That's not to say there's things above, of which I'm unaware.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I was thinking of several higher-level Russians back in Russia that died or disappeared after the Russian Mueller indictments.

As to your guys:

Smith - Very possibly contributory.

Khashoggi - I wasn't aware of a Kushner tie, here.

Stearney - Sorry, don't see it.

Gullen - He's still free & alive!

That's not to say there's things above, of which I'm unaware.

Jared pretty much walked MBS through the coverup b/c Jared is in his pocket. There's not much known about Stearney or Smith, but I fear more about Smith will be revealed maybe even included in these documents that Flynn has given to Mueller. Mueller looked into the potential kidnapping of Gullen nonetheless.

Jared pretty much walked MBS through the coverup b/c Jared is in his pocket. There's not much known about Stearney or Smith, but I fear more about Smith will be revealed maybe even included in these documents that Flynn has given to Mueller. Mueller looked into the potential kidnapping of Gullen nonetheless.
Well yes, I have read reports of Jared formulating a cover-up with the Crown Prince. I don't see Jared as involved with the murder, but you are right in that there is an association there as you claimed.

I do agree there may be more going-on with Smith, than we know.

Well yes, I have read reports of Jared formulating a cover-up with the Crown Prince. I don't see Jared as involved with the murder, but you are right in that there is a connection there as you claimed.

Yeah they are implicated, or inching very close to being implicated. Not sure how involved but this much I know. Mueller knows. He knows way more than we know. Apparently this reads as if Flynn was collecting evidence against Trump as far back as late last year.

Yeah they are implicated, or inching very close to being implicated. Not sure how involved but this much I know. Mueller knows. He knows way more than we know. Apparently this reads as if Flynn was collecting evidence against Trump as far back as late last year.
I did a quick edit, that didn't get in your quote. I do indeed think there could be Mueller-Trump-Flynn related stuff going-on with Smith, that we are not aware of.

Fethullah Gulen.

I personally wonder though if this might be of interest to Mueller and behind the request for electronic communications. It could definitely be witness tampering and bribery, and if Dowd officially offered clemency to Flynn in exchange for his silence, it would go a long way in implicating Trump's own guilt in whatever Flynn reveals.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/investigators-circled-flynn-got-message-trump-stay-strong-145442727.html
Late last month, fired National Security Adviser Michael Flynn — under investigation by federal prosecutors, with his lawyer seeking immunity for him to testify to Congress — met with a small group of loyalists at a restaurant in the northern Virginia suburbs.

Saddled with steep legal bills, Flynn wanted to reconnect with old friends and talk about potential future business opportunities. But one overriding question among those present were his views on the president who had fired him from his national security advisor post.

Flynn left little doubt about the answer. Not only did he remain loyal to President Trump; he indicated that he and the president were still in communication. “I just got a message from the president to stay strong,” Flynn said after the meal was over, according to two sources who are close to Flynn and are familiar with the conversation, which took place on April 25.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/politics/dowd-flynn-manafort-pardons/index.html
President Donald Trump's lawyer, John Dowd, floated the possibility last year with lawyers for former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort that the President might issue pardons for both men, The New York Times reported on Wednesday, citing three individuals with knowledge of the discussions.

The conversations happened as special counsel Robert Mueller "was building cases against both men," the Times reported, which raises "questions about whether the lawyer, John Dowd, was offering pardons to influence their decisions about whether to plead guilty and cooperate in the investigation" into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
The Times reported that Robert Kelner, whom the newspaper identifies as Flynn's lawyer, and Reginald Brown, Manafort's attorney at the time, declined to comment on the report.
It is not clear if Dowd spoke with the President about the prospect of pardoning Flynn and Manafort prior to discussing the possibility with their lawyers, according to the Times.
But the President discussed the subject of presidential pardons in a meeting with lawyers with the White House Counsel's office, the Times reports, citing a person who was briefed on what was discussed during the meeting.

Back
Top Bottom