• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Flynn sentencing delayed as judge tells ex-Trump official: 'You sold your country out'

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/18/judge-tells-michael-flynn-you-sold-your-country-out-at-hearing.html

Former national security advisor Michael Flynn was awaiting sentencing Tuesday for lying to FBI agents about his post-election conversations with Russia's ambassador to the United States.
A federal judge told Flynn that "arguably you sold your country out" by holding conversations after that 2016 presidential election with Russia's ambassador.
Clear the Judge was not happy with Flynn, his antics by his lawyers about entrapment.
I think that the Judge was ready to sentence Flynn to jail time.
Clearly disgusted with Flynn

This gives Flynn even more time to cooperate with Mueller.

I suspect Trump has soiled 3 adult diapers and it's only 1:00.

I think the Judge was going to sentence Flynn to jail time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/18/judge-tells-michael-flynn-you-sold-your-country-out-at-hearing.html

Clear the Judge was not happy with Flynn, his antics by his lawyers about entrapment.

This was the judge that Fox News and Qidiots picked who was gonna expose the FBI Deep State actions and toss out the case. Alan Dershowitz must be having a heart attack. Alan Dershowitz ruthlessly mocked after his pro-Flynn talking points get destroyed at sentencing hearing Oh and this:

Second Woman Says Jeffrey Epstein ‘Directed’ Her to Have Sex With Alan Dershowitz

This was the judge that Fox News and Qidiots picked who was gonna expose the FBI Deep State actions and toss out the case. Alan Dershowitz must be having a heart attack. Alan Dershowitz ruthlessly mocked after his pro-Flynn talking points get destroyed at sentencing hearing Oh and this:

Second Woman Says Jeffrey Epstein ‘Directed’ Her to Have Sex With Alan Dershowitz

Yes, and he held Flynn's feet to the fire- do you wish to withdraw your guilty plea, and a few other hard hitting comments regarding Flynn's character.

Not just jail time but major prison time, probably as much as the law would allow; the maximum. Comment's like "arguably you sold your country out" from a Federal judge are serious. We are in entirely different territory now.

I wonder if this will backfire on Flynn. He is basically admitting he has been holding things back, which means that he hasn’t been completely cooperative up until now.

The judge basically asked the Prosecutors why they didn't charge Flynn with treason (they didn't because the definition of treason is exceptionally narrow). Point is, this delay can't be good for Flynn.

Not just jail time but major prison time, probably as much as the law would allow; the maximum. Comment's like "arguably you sold your country out" from a Federal judge are serious. We are in entirely different territory now.

Does anyone have numbers for sentencing guidelines?

I wonder if this will backfire on Flynn. He is basically admitting he has been holding things back, which means that he hasn’t been completely cooperative up until now.

I missed that part. Is there a link pls??

The judge basically asked the Prosecutors why they didn't charge Flynn with treason (they didn't because the definition of treason is exceptionally narrow). Point is, this delay can't be good for Flynn.

Heard his lawyers asked to meet with the judge, he denied the request

Omg this was THAT judge??? ha! Gotta love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ain't that sweet how it turned out. Guess they are back to The Conservative Treehouse to wait for talking points

Back
Top Bottom