• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Cohen's forthcoming memoir, "DISLOYAL" is going to be EPIC!

ultmd

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Due to be release in the next couple of weeks.

The Foreword is available online.

Notable Quotes:

"On the eve of my public testimony, lying in the still of the night in my hotel room, taking a bullet assumed a completely different meaning. That was the level of ruination I had brought upon myself- complete and total destruction. I closed my eyes, wishing the nightmare would end. When I started working for Trump I had been a multi-millionaire lawyer and businessman, and now I was broke and broken; a convicted, disgraced and disbarred former attorney about to testify against the President on live television before an audience of more than 15 million Americans."

"To half of Americans, it seemed like Trump was effectively a Russian-controlled fraud who had lied and cheated his way to the White House; to the other half of Americans, to Trump’s supporters, the entire Russian scandal was a witch hunt invented by Democrats still unable to accept the fact that Hillary Clinton had lost fair and square in the most surprising upset in the history of American presidential elections."

"Both sides were wrong. I knew that the reality was much more complicated and dangerous. Trump had colluded with the Russians, but not in the sophisticated ways imagined by his detractors. I also knew that the Mueller investigation was not a witch-hunt. Trump had cheated in the election, with Russian connivance, as you will discover in these pages, because doing anything—and I mean anything—to “win” has always been his business model and way of life. Trump had also continued to pursue a major real estate deal in Moscow during the campaign. He attempted to insinuate himself into the world of President Vladimir Putin and his coterie of corrupt billionaire oligarchs. I know because I personally ran that deal and kept Trump and his children closely informed of all updates, even as the candidate blatantly lied to the American people saying, “there’s no Russian collusion, I have no dealings with Russia…there’s no Russia.”

"The one thing I can say with absolute certainty is that whatever you may have heard or thought about me, you don’t know me or my story or the Donald Trump that I know. For more than a decade, I was Trump’s first call every morning and his last call every night. I was in and out of Trump’s office on the 26th floor of the Trump Tower as many as fifty times a day, tending to his every demand. Our cell phones had the same address books, our contacts so entwined, overlapping and intimate that part of my job was to deal with the endless queries and requests, however large or small, from Trump’s countless rich and famous acquaintances. I called any and all of the people he spoke to, most often on his behalf as his attorney and emissary, and everyone knew that when I spoke to them, it was as good as if they were talking directly to Trump."

"In some ways, I knew him better than even his family did because I bore witness to the real man, in strip clubs, shady business meetings, and in the unguarded moments when he revealed who he really was: a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a bully, a racist, a predator, a con man."

"There are reasons why there has never been an intimate portrait of Donald Trump, the man...Trump has no true friends. He has lived his entire life avoiding and evading taking responsibility for his actions. He crushed or cheated all who stood in his way, but I know where the skeletons are buried because I was the one who buried them."

"When Trump wanted to reach Russian President Vladimir Putin, via a secret back channel, I was tasked with making the connection in my Keystone Kop fashion. I stiffed contractors on his behalf, ripped off his business partners, lied to his wife Melania to hide his sexual infidelities, and bullied and screamed at anyone who threatened Trump’s path to power. From golden showers in a sex club in Vegas, to tax fraud, to deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union, to catch and kill conspiracies to silence Trump’s clandestine lovers, I wasn’t just a witness to the president’s rise—I was an active and eager participant."

Michael Cohen

Otisville Federal Prison, Otisville, New York, March 11, 2020

More Quotes:

"To underscore that last crucial point, let me say now that I had agency in my relationship with Trump. I made choices along the way—terrible, heartless, stupid, cruel, dishonest, destructive choices, but they were mine and constituted my reality and life. I’d made my fortune out of taxi medallions, a business viewed as sketchy if not lower class. On Park Avenue, where I lived, I was definitely nouveau riche, but I had big plans that didn’t include being excluded from the elite."

"As you read my story, you will no doubt ask yourself if you like me, or if you would act as I did, and the answer will frequently be no to both of those questions. But permit me to make a point: As anyone in law enforcement will tell you, it’s only gangsters who can reveal the secrets of organized crime. If you want to know how the mob really works, you’ve got to talk to the bad guys. I was one of Trump’s bad guys. In his world, I was one hundred percent a made man."

" I see the men who have replaced me and continue to forfeit their reputations by doing the President’s bidding, no matter how dishonest or sleazy or unlawful. Rudy Guiliani, William Barr, Jared Kushner and Mike Pompeo are Trump’s new wannabe fixers, sycophants willing to distort the truth and break the law in the service of the Boss. One last thing I can say with great confidence, as you turn the page and meet the real real Donald Trump for the first time: This is a book the President of the United States does not want you to read."

I early figured I'd pass on this book. But after that intro, I might consider it.

He really should have hired a better ghost writer. Horrible.

Yet the information comes through.

That Cohen is Trump Concentrate? Yeah I suppose but it looks like he is planning to confess to a bunch of crimes for which he hasn't been charged and be sued for all the profits for violating attorney-client priviledge or be forced to say he was lying. Can't have it both ways. He's no John Bolton.

That Cohen is Trump Concentrate? Yeah I suppose but it looks like he is planning to confess to a bunch of crimes for which he hasn't been charged and be sued for all the profits for violating attorney-client priviledge or be forced to say he was lying. Can't have it both ways. He's no John Bolton.

No matter what is surround this, I have no problem believing any of it. The Russian collusion info is interesting, since it either didn't help, or wasn't given to, Robert Mueller.

No matter what is surround this, I have no problem believing any of it. The Russian collusion info is interesting, since it either didn't help, or wasn't given to, Robert Mueller.

Of course you have no problem believing in it. TDS is like that. Gotcha #1,047 of the Trump Presidency.

And you're no legal scholar, obviously. :roll:

Unless the Foreword of this book is the best part (which has happened before)...this book is going to shoot a few hundred holes in the U.S.S. Trump Mythology.

Of course, none of that will matter to the Trumpians. That's to be assumed. We all know that, right Drawdown? Right???? Even Trumpsters can agree with that, right?

But to everyone else, it's important and relevant information before an election. Cohen is going to confirm much (if not all) of the scandals that Trump has declared "hoaxes". And that's going to have an effect on the non-brainwashed, non-deplorable majority of the electorate.

And...it seems like it's going to be just good, old, entertaining reading.

I'm mean, he's confirming the whole "Golden Showers" rumor, for Pete's sake. That's gotta embarrass even someone as incorrigible and soulless as the Donald. Can his fragile ego withstand public confirmation that he like to pay hookers to piss on him in bed?

We'll soon find out! :lamo

Oh, and...chalk up ANOTHER win for the Steel Dossier! That's gotta sting a little bit too, I bet! :lamo

come on. what friggin total idiots don't know this stuff about Trump by now???

hell, most of us knew he was totally corrupt in the 1990s. damn.

And you're no legal scholar, obviously. :roll:

Unless the Foreword of this book is the best part (which has happened before)...this book is going to shoot a few hundred holes in the U.S.S. Trump Mythology.

Of course, none of that will matter to the Trumpians. That's to be assumed. We all know that, right Drawdown? Right????

But to everyone else, it's important and relevant information before an election. Cohen is going to confirm much (if not all) of the scandals that Trump has declared "hoaxes". And that's going to have an effect on the non-brainwashed, non-deplorable majority of the electorate.

And...it seems like it's going to be just good, old, entertaining reading.

I'm mean, he's confirming the whole "Golden Showers" rumor, for Pete's sake. That's gotta embarrass even someone as incorrigible and soulless as the Donald. Can his fragile ego withstand public confirmation that he like to pay hookers to piss on him in bed?

We'll soon find out! :lamo

Oh, and...chalk up ANOTHER win for the Steel Dossier! That's gotta sting a little bit too, I bet! :lamo

If he is saying he helped Trump break the law he is confessing to a crime. It is that simple. If he discusses the things he did as Trump's lawyer, he is violating attorney-client privilege. It is that simple. This will be another nothing-burger. It is that simple. He is, as I said, Trump concentrate.

Mental illness can be treated.

Stupidity...not so much.

Just sayin'...

Of course stupidity is permanent. But for that, there would be no Democratic Party.

Michael Cohen is a disgruntled former employee who has been disbarred from practicing law.

Thread title: Michael Cohen's forthcoming memoir, "DISLOYAL" is going to be EPIC!

Obviously an autobiography.

He was indeed very disloyal to Trump.

If he is saying he helped Trump break the law he is confessing to a crime. It is that simple.

Again, no legal scholar, are you.

No, it's not that simple. You see, he's serving a sentence following a plea agreement with the government. All of this is stuff he's already shared with the Feds, my friend.

He's an attorney. He, and all of his personal attorneys are fully aware of what, if any, legal vulnerabilities he may still have. Anything in this book is NOT among them (if any exist).

It's "as simple as that".

If he discusses the things he did as Trump's lawyer, he is violating attorney-client privilege. It is that simple.

:lamo
No, it's not that simple. You might be that simple...but it's not that simple.

You should read up a little on Attorney-Client privilege in this situation, because your arguments are just silly. They reek of denial and a bit of desperation...and certainly a LOT of mindless devotion to your cult leader.

This will be another nothing-burger. It is that simple. He is, as I said, Trump concentrate.

Yeah, just like all the other "Nothing burgers" that were all huge Something Burgers...except that Trump bots refused to acknowledge them.

That kind of "Nothing Burger", I'm sure.

You people are so funny to engage. It would be surreal, except that really is real. You're all like Hitler's youth, or something.

Of course stupidity is permanent. But for that, there would be no Democratic Party.

...say all of the uneducated or poorly educated Trump acolytes.

Got it.:lamo

Of course you have no problem believing in it. TDS is like that. Gotcha #1,047 of the Trump Presidency.

Again how many people have to say the same thing about this guy before you start to think that maybe it just might be true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump

I early figured I'd pass on this book. But after that intro, I might consider it.

The book is a shameless cash grab by a shameless, dishonest, oleaginous little factotum. I would sooner buy the tell-all Michael Avenatti Memoir of how he was set up and entrapped in a blackmail attempt by the Trump Administration in an effort to silence him. At least I would be more amused.

Let us put aside for the moment the fact that Michael Cohen is literally a convicted liar. Let us pretend that everything he says is the unvarnished truth. You don't get to seek penance for your sins for serving an unrepentantly wicked man and damaging the country by selling a book.

Last edited:
Michael Cohen is a disgruntled former employee who has been disbarred from practicing law.

Thread title: Michael Cohen's forthcoming memoir, "DISLOYAL" is going to be EPIC!

Four contestants from Donald Trump's 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant and one from his 2001 Miss USA pageant remember him waltzing through the changing room while young women were undressed.
Former Miss Teen USA Contestants Say Trump Walked in on Them Changing

All of the above may be true. Certainly, few would argue.

But none of that serves to exonerate Donald Trump. On the contrary, it works to condemn him. After all, Cohen worked FOR Trump...did the bidding and the dirty work FOR Trump...not the other way around.

Cohen was Trump consigliere. He was "Sammy the Bull Gravano", to Trump's "John Gotti". When the #2 rats on the Boss, he doesn't do it to LIE. He does it to save his own skin and free his soul.

It's telling that Trump supporters don't seen to want to address that truth.

Right now, there are a lot of Trump acolytes with their heads up their hind parts, because they KNOW they can't rebut anything Cohen may have to say.

Back
Top Bottom